Register

Feral gems

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Feral gems

Postby Aerothane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 pm

First this is my first post so hurray!

Getting to my question, I see a lot of really good ferals geming secondary stats over agility for what I would imagine is RoRo procs. So what is the threshold at which secondary stat becomes superior to gem than agility. I'm at 565 iLvL.

Honored

Re: Feral gems

Postby xahn » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Aerothane : First of all, welcome to the forums man.

To your question, there are many threads already in here that you could easily find that spoke about this exact subject, as a matter of fact if you scroll a bit down, I myself asked the same exact question but in a longer version just few days ago. but I'm going to tell you my experience from what I read and the people answered me. Basically you gem with yellows/secondaries with better gear just about 570+ when the secondaries will weight more, for some other people it's even higher than that. I think 570 to 575 ilvls and higher where the secondaries will really shine. But you can always check that out with Catus and sim both type of gemming and see who will come out best in DPS.

Using catus is easy, you basically create two characters, change gems to secondary yellows for one, and Sim compare. it takes few mins to setup or even less, and you can see which gems will give you more DPS. Also the heroic version of RoRo will be a factor to this aswell, but this again will be obvious once you sim both with Catus. because for me and my gear when I changed RoRo from normal to heroic, the secondary stat gems gave much higher DPS, so yea, it plays a factor too.

Postby Aerothane » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Thanks! I use AMR, does it take these things into account?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:09 am

AMR is not very accurate for Ferals. Catus (found on the sticky in these forums) is a much better choice for attempting to Gem for Rune.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 am

I wouldn't say AMR is not accurate, their Rune optimization is actually fairly good. I want to say that Catus is generally more exhaustive in normal reforging so it has the upperhand in that regard.

If you plan to use Catus for anything other than reforging/gemming/etc, though, it doesn't really make sense to use AMR.

Return to Kitty DPS