Register

DOC opener without RoRo

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

DOC opener without RoRo

Postby bacevicius » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:46 pm

I have 567 TED and Talis , what would be the best opener besides Healing touch and pre potting what would go next to get the most out of the opening rop and rake etc. has anyone any experience with out the Rune? on this thanks

Re: DOC opener without RoRo

Postby Zstriker » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:06 am

same as with ror
pre-heal
pre-pot
steath
TF
SR
Ravage
rip
rake
trash
berserk, spam shred

Postby Scryms » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Pre-HT
Prepot
Stealth
TF
SR
Ravage
Berserk
Rip
HT
Rake
Thrash
Spam Shred

Honored

Postby xahn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Scryms is what I do exacty... I basically use berserk after ravage like he does but kinda also use rip in the same time, cause there isnt any GCD, so berserk + rip go together here if you have fast fingers, and also I use a HT after rip to put a fully buffed rake and thrash. then start your zerg

P.S. I'm sure most know this, but just to not confuse new comers, this opener only works with 4pc set bonus on the latest tier. Just sayin'.

Postby Zstriker » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 am

I didn't mentioned HS coz DoC rotation it is
about berserk, is not much difference, first I do put all buffed bleeds then can think of rest button spamming
berserk still on gcd, and energy before it's use are still high, coz it's often hero/bloodlust or OoC procs,

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Worth mentioning that if you're an engineer, Synapse Springs will fuck everything up if you try to use it in stealth. I have mine macro'd to Berserk to remedy that (in addition to being macro'd to TF, but only when I'm not in stealth).

Zstriker wrote:about berserk, is not much difference, first I do put all buffed bleeds then can think of rest button spamming
berserk still on gcd, and energy before it's use are still high, coz it's often hero/bloodlust or OoC procs,

Berserk is not on the GCD.

It doesn't matter much but the theoretically best way to use it as soon as you possibly can without flooding energy, which would generally be after you use Ravage. If you're delaying it until after you get all your bleeds up that's not a big deal, but that means it's going to be coming off CD a couple seconds later, and with the right fight duration that means a couple less seconds of Berserk.

PS: I'm not convinced "advanced" opener is actually optimal for OP's trinket combo, but I can't sim it atm since I don't have Catus on this computer. Rune is a very very powerful proc, the most powerful we have available to us, so not having it diminishes the value of doing this pretty significantly.

Postby Zarzul » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:51 am

hmmm i know this is a bit noobish, i tryed this last nite, but why do i ninjapull boss before ravage...then i use this and boss is my target and iam about 20 yards away.

Pre-HT
Prepot
Stealth
TF
SR
Ravage

Postby Scryms » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Putting combo points on a boss will pull. You have to wait for the boss to be pulled before you use TF + SR.

In a way this is not that bad, because it almost ensures you that both Rip and Rake are buffed with TF (maybe even Thrash).

Postby Zstriker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:20 pm

aggixx wrote:
Berserk is not on the GCD.

It doesn't matter much but the theoretically best way to use it as soon as you possibly can without flooding energy, which would generally be after you use Ravage. If you're delaying it until after you get all your bleeds up that's not a big deal, but that means it's going to be coming off CD a couple seconds later, and with the right fight duration that means a couple less seconds of Berserk.

indeed I didn't notice it ,my bad, coz of lags UI cause during fast and high numbers going around at pulls, 3min cd not worth to keybind
but anyway, I think, puling berserk a few moves later could of win you 1-2 more shred! during it last

Postby Zarzul » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:35 am

Scryms wrote:Putting combo points on a boss will pull. You have to wait for the boss to be pulled before you use TF + SR.

In a way this is not that bad, because it almost ensures you that both Rip and Rake are buffed with TF (maybe even Thrash).

Thx a ton

Return to Kitty DPS