Register

Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.2.3!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Revered
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Nayni » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am

Skull of War now has 117 passive agility
Double-Sided Lucky Coin now has 147 passive crit rating

The procs haven't changed so they'll probably still be around the same value I assume.
Image
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:06 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby wermerb » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 am

Hello guys!

First of all sorry for my bad english :D.
I would have some questions regarding our Berserk phase.

We start with the opener above in the guide.
Then spamming shred till 5 cp (this is our first 5 cp time).
And here comes my question what should we spent our first 5 cp.
If we use for Rip then we receive the Predatory Swiftness buff, but then should i spend the next 5 cp to refresh Rip or use it for FB
OR
Spend the first 5 cp on FB to procs Predatory Swiftness and only the second 5 cp should i apply Rip for the TF + HT damage boost?

User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Valery » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Nayni wrote:Skull of War now has 117 passive agility
Double-Sided Lucky Coin now has 147 passive crit rating

The procs haven't changed so they'll probably still be around the same value I assume.


All trinkets have been nerfed, so I don't think anything will change. I could be wrong, however.

Edit: nvm, it appears some trinkets were left unchanged. Scales of Doom (Highmaul) and Beating Heart of the Mountain (Blackrock Foundry) were definitely nerfed, though.

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Sibylle » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Aggixx, I don't think I've said thank you for this guide yet, it's amazing! I wasn't in the Beta so my questions about all these basics come a good six months after everybody else's :?

First of all, you say the other two options are better than Lunar Inspiration. However, the sims you posted show LI on rank 1 or 2 except for the "hectic cleave" situation, and in such fights (like Horridon) my guild tends to assign me to tunnel the boss anyway. So wouldn't LI be my best choice? I kinda love it, too.

My question would then be where, given that I do keep the talent, Moonfire figures in the priorities list. Is it just like Rake, including on small trash packs in heroics?

Lastly, and I apologise in case I just missed this: Does Savage Roar buff Moonfire?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby noreko » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey first time poster. My question is during incarnation is it better to shed the entire time or should FB be used at 5 CP. Other than that is it better to hard cast a healing touch when refreshing rip for blood talons or just put up a non buffed one. Thanks!

Revered
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Nayni » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:01 pm

noreko wrote:Hey first time poster. My question is during incarnation is it better to shed the entire time or should FB be used at 5 CP. Other than that is it better to hard cast a healing touch when refreshing rip for blood talons or just put up a non buffed one. Thanks!


You wanna burn the 5 CP on FB if your energy allows it, i.e, all your dots are up and won't have to be refreshed before you can get back to 5 CP (a good mark for that is ~50 energy). FB still hits like a truck and gives you more Predatory Swiftness procs to use on Blood talons for damage.

You never wanna hardcast a Healing Touch in combat unless the encounter allows it (down time on boss or whatever).
Image
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Sibylle wrote:My question would then be where, given that I do keep the talent, Moonfire figures in the priorities list. Is it just like Rake, including on small trash packs in heroics?

Moonfire goes right behind Rake. Rake is going to be better so always get Rake up first.

Sibylle wrote:Lastly, and I apologise in case I just missed this: Does Savage Roar buff Moonfire?

Moonfire is not affected by Savage Roar or Mastery.

If you really enjoy LI use it. It's not a massive deal if you aren't going for Ranks. Enjoy playing what you like playing.

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Sibylle » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks, Tinderhoof, also for your help with Droodfocus!

This is good to know. As for rankings, I'm not in a server-first type of guild but we do try to get the most out of our raid. I think I'll play around a little with LI versus Bloodtalons and see how I'm doing. I've got another week and a half to go till raiding, after all.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby smugler » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:34 pm

hi, I see the pawkets BiS heroic dungeon list, and the weapon is, Seperator. but isnt the [Blackhand Doomcutter] better? it has same crit, with haste for single target dmg, and also chance on hit bleed, and can be enchanted aswell. I don't know how isnt this BiS?

thats the weapon i'm refering to.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=118737&bonus=524

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Haste is once again trash for us so the haste is a wasted stat. The mastery on the seperator makes it much better and I ran with the above weapon for a while before I saw my seperator drop and I can say first hand that the dmg proc is basically worthless
Image

Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Shakrane » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Hello guys, been a while since i post something on this forum.

I have one question, currently i have the choice between a 640 ilvl gloves from challenge with multistrike and haste and a 630 gloves with mastery crit , which one is the best ?
Same question i have legs with haste multistrike 640 ilvl from challenge and legs 630 with crit mastery + a socket, which one is the best ?

Thx for your reply guys!

Revered
User avatar
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Steakbomb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46 pm

Personally I would run the 630 items and try to get lucky with h wf drops in dungeons
Image

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby aggixx » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Updated the trinket comparison to reflect the trinket hotfixes. Before anyone asks, Lucky Double-Sided Coin was indeed nerfed, but as its only competitor got nerfed more than it did it is now BiS.
ImageImage

Revered
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Nayni » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm happy Lucky Coin was worth the buy still.
Image
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:41 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Mysticum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:51 am

aggixx wrote:Updated the trinket comparison to reflect the trinket hotfixes. Before anyone asks, Lucky Double-Sided Coin was indeed nerfed, but as its only competitor got nerfed more than it did it is now BiS.

The "Primal Gladiator's Insignia" in the list, is it refering to the +210 versatility with agility proc? (According to Wowhead, that seems to be the only one that matches the name (of Conquest), but since they have been changing a bit back and forth, I just wanted to make sure.)

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby aggixx » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:30 am

Yes, although its 53 versatility now post-nerf. I chopped the "of Conquest" part as that just indicates its the agility one and the name is otherwise too long to fit in the chart.
ImageImage

Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Sashimi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:01 am

I have a few question i am a returning feral player so here i go

1- Read the guide its just awesome good work! but... incarnation is better then SOTF now? can anyone explain why?

2- what would be the king talent in the level 60 bracket and can anyone explain to me scenarios which one would be better like treants..

been using SOTF along time and always understood that it was top for awesome sustain... but i have been reading on multiple blogs, posts, etc that Incarnation is better hands down, or using treants is a good alternative.

can anyone help a brotha out and explain this is for raiding your guys input and help would be greatly appreciated ^.^

Revered
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Nayni » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:09 am

Sashimi wrote:I have a few question i am a returning feral player so here i go

1- Read the guide its just awesome good work! but... incarnation is better then SOTF now? can anyone explain why?

2- what would be the king talent in the level 60 bracket and can anyone explain to me scenarios which one would be better like treants..

been using SOTF along time and always understood that it was top for awesome sustain... but i have been reading on multiple blogs, posts, etc that Incarnation is better hands down, or using treants is a good alternative.

can anyone help a brotha out and explain this is for raiding your guys input and help would be greatly appreciated ^.^


Incarnation just has a great value for bursting. Also with the level 100 rake perk it makes Incarnation extremely good as you gain all the benefits from beeing stealthed meaning the rakes you apply with Incarnation are double in value.

SotF is indeed a great talent for long time sustained damage. Hower currently the burst spikes you gain from using Incarnation are just to good with all the perks we gained at level 100.


I wouldn't know what the best talent would be at the level 60 bracket, but I'd image it would be incarnation aswell. There aren't any long duration situationyou'll find yourself into at level 60 so bursting would always be more benefitial. Maybe Treants comes close but I honestly can't tell.
Image
Naeyni | Kazzak EU

Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Tremnen » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:10 am

Glad to see Coin kept its value :D. How do you get conquest for the Conquest trinket before raid? I bought the Honor one for the time being.

Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:41 am

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Mysticum » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:22 am

Tremnen wrote:Glad to see Coin kept its value :D. How do you get conquest for the Conquest trinket before raid? I bought the Honor one for the time being.

You don't really. And even if you would, it will be converted to the honor-trinket when the season starts (bluepost, basically a fix because conquest gear was incorrectly rewarded from some sources).

You basically need to fix as high conquest cap as you can the first week and then buy it next week.

Revered
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Tremnen » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Tough decision. Badly itemized 640 legs or Blackwater Leggings (no frills). 184 agi 99 haste 136 Vers vs 167 agi 87 crit 126 mastery

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... n/advanced

Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Shakrane » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi pawkets i recently did all the quest in nagrand.
and i just got : http://www.wowhead.com/item=114891&bonus=0
but the epic version, so i gave you the stats : 127 agi and proc 715 mastery for 20 sec.

I dont know if you can simulate it with the other trinkets, maybe other guys are in the same situation as me.
But i guess it is a pretty decent one.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Starting to see a lot of gear questions which aren't exactly relevant to the guide here. I would like folks to start making use of the Gearing/Log Evaluation section of the forums. It will make it a lot easier to see if someone has already asked your question. Just post up a new thread with your question and a link to items and your armory. Thanks

Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby Shakrane » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:21 pm

i just posted here cause the trinkets thread miht change but yes you're right

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Pawkets' Feral DPS Guide & FAQ -- Updated for 6.0!

Postby aggixx » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Tremnen wrote:Tough decision. Badly itemized 640 legs or Blackwater Leggings (no frills). 184 agi 99 haste 136 Vers vs 167 agi 87 crit 126 mastery

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... n/advanced

Got a cape like this yesterday (only worse because it was haste heavy!): go 640 for pure single target, 630 for anything else.

Shakrane wrote:Hi pawkets i recently did all the quest in nagrand.
and i just got : http://www.wowhead.com/item=114891&bonus=0
but the epic version, so i gave you the stats : 127 agi and proc 715 mastery for 20 sec.

I dont know if you can simulate it with the other trinkets, maybe other guys are in the same situation as me.
But i guess it is a pretty decent one.

Its not a bad trinket and probably holds up pretty well with heroic dungeon ones, but it won't compare to a trinket that procs agility like the Alchemist Stone or Primal Combatant's Insignia.
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests