Register

6.1 Discussion

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: 6.1 Discussion

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Elamari wrote:And just to clarify - was Thrash buffed enough to use single target / OoC procs?

Since Thrash was buffed the same amount as Shred, nothing will change single target.

Whitepaw wrote:Since Shred is buffed so much, how close will CoS come to being the best dps talent on single target?

CoS never had an advantage because of Shred. You are still going to be using a lot of BT charges on Shred. CoS won't be getter better because of the changes.

Honored

Postby Ayleena » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:46 pm

I was also hoping for something more inventive than a straight % boost to all of our damage. One thing I'd like to see is a % chance to proc predatory swiftness on any CP generating attack. For me, Rake tends to be higher than Rip mostly because I'm able to use bloodtalons more often on it.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 pm

6.1 was really a balancing/bug fixing patch. Mechanics changes rarely happen mid expansion unless they feel a class really isn't working. In the case of Warlocks and Monks in MoP one was new, and the other totally revamped. Ferals are very solid in how our mechanics work. We arn't in a critical need.

I do think we are due for a reworking in the next expac. I feel that because we have an older design that hasn't changed very much we are much more difficult to fix when we start showing our age compared to newer fight mechanics. However I don't expect anything new other then damage tweaks and bug fixes until we see the end of WoD.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Elamari wrote:Does the 5% buff to Feral Moonfire affect Lunar Inspiration?

Yes, it makes it worse because the direct damage opportunity cost is higher since it was buffed less than Shred was.

Whitepaw wrote:Since Shred is buffed so much, how close will CoS come to being the best dps talent on single target?

CoS is slightly worse as well, the other two talents only affect our special abilities whereas CoS affects them all; since our auto attacks were not buffed that hurts the talent.

Both of these are minor though.

Elamari wrote:And just to clarify - was Thrash buffed enough to use single target / OoC procs?

Not any different than before. I'm seeing a 0.2% DPS gain in BiS gear.
ImageImage

Exalted

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:20 pm

Yeah, doesn't really change anything. While technically the changes slightly favor CoS, they'd have to be much much bigger before it'd start showing up in any meaningful way in terms of the balance of the talents.

40.1k BT
37.4k CoS
+7.2%

37.8k BT
35.2k CoS
+7.5%

Honored

Postby Whitepaw » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Thx for the clarification!

Postby Jud » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:59 am

I'm really happy with how Feral is currently, if you play Feral well and you are dedicated to your raid team you will be a great addition on all encounters. If you don't want to work hard and be innovative on each encounter for your dps don't play Feral its that simple.

One last thing, are we getting the 20% shred buff? I've been reading through this thread about speculation and couldn't find a straight answer.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:19 am

Yes, trust the patch notes.
ImageImage

Honored

Postby Lynxx » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 am

Yes! I am looking forward to being a ST queen again! I don't know why I enjoy being rock solid on ST. I know we really drop off compared to other classes on AoE, but I just enjoy being a ST machine. Also blazing wings on fire kitteh!

Lol I know they buffed us but I'll just leave this here for anyone waiting for the servers to come back up. I laughed for a good 10 mins!
http://youtu.be/DK1GKBTwyoo

Postby Jinxs » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 am

Lynxx wrote:Lol I know they buffed us but I'll just leave this here for anyone waiting for the servers to come back up. I laughed for a good 10 mins!

Im glad you liked it :)

The story behind creating this video goes like this:

When our guild finaly killed mythic Tectus I was checking its logs and was feeling quite depresed. Was also reading up alot of threads at the moment around forums and saw how desperate ferals are becoming with their class. I've also felt quite angry with blizzard and their lack communication with feral community. I could imagine the devs reading some of this stuff and I'm sure they knew whats going on but just ignored for some reason. I just felt ignored and abandoned. Since WoD release, I was constantly checking mmochamp for any changes about feral druid. While other classes got balancing changes on a almost weekly basis there were not a single mention about Feral since October 17th. Then one day when I was cheking mmochamp homepage I've noticed a druid changes. In a split second in my mind I've said "OMG.. this could be it.. the changes that we need in 6.1.. impossible that they be ignoring us for so long". Of course I was greatly disapointed when I found out that the only changes they plan to do for us in 6.1 is f***g cosmetic effects. Wtf does cosmetic effect has to do with anything? I've felt they are mocking us.

Then a guildie posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0 about Nvidia getting only 3.5gb ram in their new Geforce and was hilarious. I noticed similarities between those Geforce 970 buyers and Ferals, since both of them kinda felt that the deveplopers are mocking us and insluting our inteligence (ofc Nvida public releations dep was way faster to respond to the issue). Then I got the idea that I could just create the same short version for ferals and post it around. Since feral community tried everything to get devs attention perhaps a viral video could be better aproach. I tought maybe the devs are just people like us and they are sick and tired of players allways nagging about their class and requesting various buffs and bumping the same threads over and over. Maybe the problem could be presented them in different way.. with more humor and different web media. Maybe the guys there are just like normal people and they are sharing the funny stuff between themselfs for a laugh.. especially when the humor is targeted to them? Maybe a bit naive thinking but nevertheless.

I've dowloaded some trial software for video and subtitle edditing, found the original video and start working on it. I tought I could extend the video and include all the bullshit that was going on around the issuse but it was already late and I needed the sleep. So in about 1h I've created just a short version that I tought it could capture the whole feeling the feral community is having.

I've uploaded it to youtube and posted it on fluiddruid AoE rant thread. The next moring I was curious about the reception and went to check it out. I've found that my link was deleted by fludidruid moderator saying "Contribute more". Sigh.. so I've just wrote another AoE rant (my first post on this forums) and pasted link bellow my rant and I've also posted it to WoW EU forums. For few days there were like up to 200 views and I tought "wow.. this is awsome". Then on a 6th Feb somone posted this on reddit. In one day it had 40k hits and I was shocked.

I know that 50k views is not exactly viral (viral video is something tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of views in a few days), it lacks longevity and its understandable to only limited group of wow players but im pretty much sure that every feral at that time in that situation felt the exact same thing and after so many depressing threads and debates it felt refreshing to view it in a different way.

At the moment im pretty satisified with our current changes in 6.1 and I only hope that the video maybe contributed something to change things. Afterall.. they've made a change quickly before realease which feels like last minute change.:)

Sorry for a wall of text .. it should end after "Im glad you liked it"

Honored

Postby Itharius » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Holy shit, I'm doing so much more dps now. 45k on tectus, 45k on twin ogron, 40k on ko'ragh. So hyped to parse on heroic brf tonight, especially Gruul and oregorger.

Postby Zyb » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Itharius wrote:Holy shit, I'm doing so much more dps now. 45k on tectus, 45k on twin ogron, 40k on ko'ragh. So hyped to parse on heroic brf tonight.

Ha! Was just about to ask. Servers are up but I'm at work. Anyone noticed a difference so far? Besides the ones on paper with math, I mean.
Was asked to switch to moonkin, but told my RL to give me some time til the patches comes up.

Postby Paca » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:23 am

Greatest part about 6.1 is the newly added Rake bug that causes it to randomly fall off in the last tick exactly like Rip used to when extended.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:37 am

That's not new, its been in since launch and happens to all bleeds, just most frequently to rake since you clip it the most often.
ImageImage

Honored

Postby Itharius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:51 am

Revered

Postby teddabear » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:33 am

Jinxs wrote:
Lynxx wrote:Lol I know they buffed us but I'll just leave this here for anyone waiting for the servers to come back up. I laughed for a good 10 mins!

Im glad you liked it :)

The story behind creating this video goes like this:

When our guild finaly killed mythic Tectus I was checking its logs and was feeling quite depresed. Was also reading up alot of threads at the moment around forums and saw how desperate ferals are becoming with their class. I've also felt quite angry with blizzard and their lack communication with feral community. I could imagine the devs reading some of this stuff and I'm sure they knew whats going on but just ignored for some reason. I just felt ignored and abandoned. Since WoD release, I was constantly checking mmochamp for any changes about feral druid. While other classes got balancing changes on a almost weekly basis there were not a single mention about Feral since October 17th. Then one day when I was cheking mmochamp homepage I've noticed a druid changes. In a split second in my mind I've said "OMG.. this could be it.. the changes that we need in 6.1.. impossible that they be ignoring us for so long". Of course I was greatly disapointed when I found out that the only changes they plan to do for us in 6.1 is f***g cosmetic effects. Wtf does cosmetic effect has to do with anything? I've felt they are mocking us.

Then a guildie posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZJrsssPA0 about Nvidia getting only 3.5gb ram in their new Geforce and was hilarious. I noticed similarities between those Geforce 970 buyers and Ferals, since both of them kinda felt that the deveplopers are mocking us and insluting our inteligence (ofc Nvida public releations dep was way faster to respond to the issue). Then I got the idea that I could just create the same short version for ferals and post it around. Since feral community tried everything to get devs attention perhaps a viral video could be better aproach. I tought maybe the devs are just people like us and they are sick and tired of players allways nagging about their class and requesting various buffs and bumping the same threads over and over. Maybe the problem could be presented them in different way.. with more humor and different web media. Maybe the guys there are just like normal people and they are sharing the funny stuff between themselfs for a laugh.. especially when the humor is targeted to them? Maybe a bit naive thinking but nevertheless.

I've dowloaded some trial software for video and subtitle edditing, found the original video and start working on it. I tought I could extend the video and include all the bullshit that was going on around the issuse but it was already late and I needed the sleep. So in about 1h I've created just a short version that I tought it could capture the whole feeling the feral community is having.

I've uploaded it to youtube and posted it on fluiddruid AoE rant thread. The next moring I was curious about the reception and went to check it out. I've found that my link was deleted by fludidruid moderator saying "Contribute more". Sigh.. so I've just wrote another AoE rant (my first post on this forums) and pasted link bellow my rant and I've also posted it to WoW EU forums. For few days there were like up to 200 views and I tought "wow.. this is awsome". Then on a 6th Feb somone posted this on reddit. In one day it had 40k hits and I was shocked.

I know that 50k views is not exactly viral (viral video is something tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of views in a few days), it lacks longevity and its understandable to only limited group of wow players but im pretty much sure that every feral at that time in that situation felt the exact same thing and after so many depressing threads and debates it felt refreshing to view it in a different way.

At the moment im pretty satisified with our current changes in 6.1 and I only hope that the video maybe contributed something to change things. Afterall.. they've made a change quickly before realease which feels like last minute change.:)

Sorry for a wall of text .. it should end after "Im glad you liked it"

Honestly I think your video is responsible for the buffs. You might want to start thinking about a 6.2 video.

Postby VuxuSM » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Has anyone noticed an issue with energy regen for ferals? After 6.1 patch, I seem to be more energy starved and waiting for regen more so than previous experience.

Postby Kurisu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:15 pm

VuxuSM wrote:Has anyone noticed an issue with energy regen for ferals? After 6.1 patch, I seem to be more energy starved and waiting for regen more so than previous experience.

There was a bug with FB that drained a lot of energy, which got Hotfixed in the morning. Maybe that was causing your experience.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS