Register

Looking for advice

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Looking for advice

Postby Aun » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 am

I originally posted on the wow forums and someone suggested I come here for some advice. I have looked at the guide here and they look really good but no matter what I do I always seem to be stuck at 15k dps.
Here is the info on my druid:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... Aun/simple
I don't know, but maybe 15k dps is good for my gear at this point but I always seem to be on the lower end of dps chart when raiding whith my guild.
I am just hoping for some advice, or at least a confirmation that my dps is where it should be.
Thanks, I am really glad that there is a website like this, looks like one of the best druid guides I have found.

Re: Looking for advice

Postby Afje » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Hello Aun :)

There are a couple of quick things you can fix. It looks like you're missing a couple of enchants, hands and chest. It's also probably not worth gemming for the socket bonus on your legs. 1 point of agi is worth about 3 points of any of the secondary stats, so trading 20 agi for 40 secondary is not a good swap.

However, none of that should account for you only doing 15k dps. Can you post a recent log parse for us to look at? It's difficult to know exactly how to give you advice without being able to look at ability usage, debuff/buff uptimes, and how you are doing in different boss fights.

I had a look for parses for your guild on stormspire and didn't see any with you in them, and you also don't appear to have any recent parses picked up by raidbots. If you need help with how to take and upload a combatlog parse let us know.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi Aun.

Glad were you able to make it over here. Afje makes a few great points about gemming and enchanting. Getting 20 stats to chest (15 is cheaper and ok) and 65 mastery to gloves (50 is ok and also cheaper) and swapping out the pants gems are good first steps.

Were are you seeing this 15k dps limit? If it's just self buffed on a dummy for your gear level that isn't to bad. If it's on a raid boss in a raid then we should look to help you make some adjustments.

First thing I suggest is to download Ovale [urlhttp://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ovale.aspx[/url]. Stickied at the top of the kitty forums here is Leafkillers script thread. Using this script (on the first page) with Ovale will give you an exellent frame work for the kitty rotation. When you get both working have some pratice on the dummies to get used to it then try it in your next raid.

Second is just as Afje suggested try and get a world of logs parse for us to look at. It will give us a good idea of what you are doing during the fight and offer suggestions on things to improve. If you take a look at the stickie for "Let's talk about logs" thread there will be a lot of good advise for general execution. Have a look.

Let us know how things turn out and we can start tweaking. Good Luck!

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:31 pm

If you do head over to the execution thread start about page 6. That is about when firelands advise started. Some of the previous info will likely be out of date (ie feral charging while still in melee).

Postby Aun » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Thank you so much for helping me. I feel kind of stupid for asking this, but, what is a log parse, I saw it mentioned in other threads but I have no idea what it is. The reason you may not see me in any recent activity in my guild on the site is because I had to swich from our group 1 raiding group to our group 2 raiding group due to raid times and, as far as I know, group 2 hasn't posted anything, but we are working on Rag right now. Also, that dps I had was just with my buffs, but I can't seem to get much higher then that in raids, unfortunatly I can't get as much info on myself with my recount mete when I'm raiding because I have to turn that addon off since I have lag issues.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:35 pm

You shouldn't feel stuipd to ask anything here. Everyone had to learn about it sometime. When we say log parse it means some service that aquires your or someone else in the same raids combatlog file and put it in a readable form. The most common is World of Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/. If your team 2 isn't using this it's very easy to setup one for them. The directions a very easy. When everything is uploaded we can take a look at what you did and get fight specific feedback.

As for recount I had lots of slowdown issues myself. I would recomend looking into an addon called Skada http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/SearchResults.aspx?q=Skada%20Damage%20Meter. It does the same thing as Recount but I find it has MUCH less impact on my raiding perf. Also it doesn't seem to be plauged by issues every time there is a new patch like Recount does.

Postby Aun » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Awesome, I have gone to the website and registered and am now just waiting for an officer in the guild to accept me to the guild on wol. If I am lucky I may even be able to get my dps info in the next couple days

Postby Aun » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:15 am

ok, it took much longer then I thought, but I finally got logs set up for my raiding group. So, here is the link:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mevt ... amageDone/

PLease tell me if I am doing anything wrong, thanks.

Return to Kitty DPS