Register

4t12 Question

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

4t12 Question

Postby Afje » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:56 am

I finally got my 4t12 last night off Staghelm, and I'm not quite sure if I need to modify my rotation to make the best use of the bonus.

I remember reading quite some time ago some math around it being possibly advantageous to use 2cp finishers during berserk to increase the extension due to 4t12, but I don't remember seeing anything definitive on this subject.

Is it optimal to just use 5pt finishers during berserk, or should I be using more frequent, lower CP finishers?

Thanks for any input :)

Re: 4t12 Question

Postby Druidohorde » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:55 am

A few people on this site have done sim work on 4pct12 and claim 5 point finishers come out ahead.

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 pm

There's no reason at all to use 2 point finishers because the chance to extend berserk is proportional to the number of combo points.

There could be an argument made to use 4-point finishers because of the chance of wasting a CP if you get a crit on the last CP builder. However, given that you also need to factor in the energy cost of the finisher, the number of extensions you gain from doing this is extremely miniscule at best (cheap finishers), and negative at worst (expensive finishers like ferocious bite). This is before one even accounts for the loss of damage per finisher from using 4 CP finishers. Therefore I'm confident in saying this is not worth doing either.

Postby Afje » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks, I was fairly confident that this was the case but always nice to get confirmation :)

Return to Kitty DPS