Register

HM Domo

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

HM Domo

Postby Pushypouncin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:51 am

Hello again guys,

So my guild has been doing hm domo for a couple weeks. We down him easy enough, but I'm trying to up my dps even more. I checked my WoL parse and realized my rip and rake uptime is terrible, which I am thinking is because I am on spirit beast duty with my dk friend. Any tips for keeping rake and rip up on domo? Rake will be easier to keep up, but should I put up a low CP Rip? Most of the time i can only get 3 CP's between domo jumping. Here's a link to my WoL parse if it helps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ug0t66os2oqbnzia/

Thanks again guys! :D

Re: HM Domo

Postby BoldTM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 am

Ignore the add and just stay on Staghelm. We are the worse people on the adds ever.

Postby kabutteur » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:21 am

it is false to say we are so bad on domo's adds : if there are 3 targets or + (including domo himself), it's totally worth to swipe on the adds when domo jumps off and when he comes back since as melee dps we never loose our buff +100% dps (the only exception is when your seed explode, but can't be avoid for ferals)

i would say it depends of your raid compo, but if there is no combat rogue, the aoe of ferals should be a great bonus and it will also bump your dps because 600% weapon damage * 3 for 45 energy can do 3 crits for 103 * 2 = 206% !!!

as U can see into my logs (rank somewhere in the top 100+), the average crit swipe hits for more than 53k !
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g7f4 ... #Kabutteur

enjoy your swipe a last time before the 4.3 released :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:40 am

Whenever the new add comes up, switch to it, throw Faerie Fire up and just Auto-Attack it while you let your energy regen. Don't waste CPs on the spirits.

Postby Arthaei » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Konungr's advice is spot on, you're best bet on this fight is to have as much bleed uptime on the boss as possible, which will never happen if you're blowing combo points excessively on the adds. They die incredibly fast due to cleave effects (your rogues should be combat specced). If they're not dying particularly fast, you could possibly put up a rake on an add, but in all fairness they should be dying much faster than for it to be worthwhile.

Just don't go blowing your combo points on anything other than bleeds really, although you could Mangle an add, and get an easy 1-2 cp savage roar rolling. Focus on making sure the boss has both bleeds on him when he leaps off. I'd personally forget Swipe unless the adds are taking a while to die.

I'd also recommend picking back up the Primal Madness talent. Yes it sucks, but it is still worth a chunk of dps. My latest Mew setup says I'd lose around 340 dps if I drop it.

~Arth~
"Many druids died to bring us this information"

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Depends on the comp for adds. I will never swipe because we have one or two combat rogues and a couple warriors. Rarely more than one up at a time. Most guilds would just benefit from a feral doing what Konungr said. Edit: also watch your timers. If something is going to fall off while he jumps or stuns you make sure to reapply it even if it means doing so in between ticks.

Also, OP, for raid strats try and post the relevant raid strat portion of the forums :-\

Return to Kitty DPS