Register

Keeping Ancient Petrified Seed and TF Sync'd

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Keeping Ancient Petrified Seed and TF Sync'd

Postby Rarge » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:59 pm

As the title says, what's the best way to keep Ancient Petrified Seed and TF sync'd.

I am using a macro:

#showtooltip Tiger's Fury
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Tiger's Fury

but they still have a tendency to go out of sync.

If they do go out of sync, is it best to just use the seed on CD? There's probably a breakpoint on the time at which it's better to just use on CD?

Revered

Re: Keeping Ancient Petrified Seed and TF Sync'd

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 pm

/castsequence 14, Tiger's Fury, Tiger's Fury

Hit it twice and since the trinket effect is longer than TF anyhow, it'll always be up the entire duration of TF.

If you're an engineer like me, do:

/castsequence 14, Tiger's Fury, 10, Tiger's Fury

Just make sure the trinket is in the correct slot (14 is bottom, 13 is top).

Postby Nimodii » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:32 pm

You can also just write the name of the trinket in the macro. Just make sure that you spell it the exact same way with uppercase letters etc.

Postby Druidohorde » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:15 am

He's not asking how to get them lined up, rather how to get them realigned!

Without putting any numbers behind it... this is what I used to do...

If the cooldowns were out of sync I would look at my Seed Cooldown each time TF was up. If the Seed CD was 3/4 complete I would wait to get them back on sync. Especially if there is a lot of movement on the boss fight.

If the Seed CD is less than half, or just over half... I use TF as it takes about 1/2 a Seed for TF to come back up.

TF+Seed+Beserk used to throw seed off quite a bit when you goto hit the 2nd TF during Berserk (but can't since Beserk is up).... when beserk goes down, the "mistake" is to hit TF again, which throws off the Seed Sync. Having said that, I used to do this all the time and just resync the two. I throw all my dice at odds, and hope I'll be moving when the cooldown expires... putting them back in sync. Sometimes its a win, sometimes its a loss.

<3 Heroic Hungerer + Restabilizer <3

Although, I still keep seed around for AOE burts, (swipe is awesome) or burn phases.

Return to Kitty DPS