Register

Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer

Postby Mitty » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:34 am

Hey folks,

I was lucky enough to grab H Hungerer last night to go with my Matrix Restabilizer. I already tinkered with my reforging to get mastery rating above haste rating to try to avoid energy capping. But I recalled reading this reply by Tinder in another post about trinkets:

If hungerer and matrix proc at the same time and you are under berserk (this always seems to happen on the pull) it can be easy to energy cap which isn't good.

If the double proc does happen often is it worthwhile to delay the initial berserk a bit, rather than popping it on the pull? Or does MR pop first often enough to make this a non-issue? Or is it just a non-issue for some other reason?

Mitty

Exalted

Re: Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:25 pm

It is annoying when they both proc at the start and you do energy cap a little. As a general rule you don't want to energy cap. However during the opening it should be ok (delaying berserk will just hurt dps more). If you are hit/exp capped you won't miss and waste more energy.

Exalted

Re: Hungerer and Matrix Restabilizer

Postby Stenhaldi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 am

It's highly desirable to have matrix restabilizer select haste during berserk, as berserk nearly doubles the value of haste and does not affect the value of mastery. Energy capping isn't an issue if you're close to hit and expertise caps (barring a string of clearcasts).

Return to Kitty DPS