Register

Hidden artifact appearance

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Hidden artifact appearance

Postby zafir » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Feral Druid Hidden Artifact Skin

Appearance unlocked 2016.09.29
TLDR: Unlock Artifact Knowledge rank 4, get screeches from all three portals, return to Dreamway, and receive feather from Ela'Lothen sitting in the middle.

I’m trying to compile all known information on how to unlock the feral druid hidden artifact skin, which is called http://www.wowhead.com/item=139552/feat ... moonspirit , and hoping to generate some discussion :)

Appearances

Sources and Credits

Unlocking the appearance

The ongoing theory from beta testers is that you receive the feather from Ela’lothen after certain requirements are met.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=113663/elalothen is a brown-orange coated owl-cat god, who has the title „The Moonspirit”. Location unknown.

Step 1 - Strange Feral Screeches
Requirements:
  • Artifact Knowledge Rank 4 (confirmed on live)
  • Possible reputation requirement?

After the requirement is completed you will start to receive an emote in the Emerald Dreamway about a feral screech coming from one of the three portals: Hinterlands, Duskwood, or Feralas. To confirm that you have you have finished the requirement, and will receive the emote, use the first dump command listed below labeled http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44326 . The daily dreamway event roll quest will decide each day if you will receive an emote, or not. It will read “true” after you enter the quest trigger area inside the Emerald Dreamway. The quest trigger area is between the location you spawn in after using the dreamwalk ability, and the start of the bridge to the Dreamgrove in the Emerald Dreamway. The screeches will come regardless of talents and current specialization.

The feral screech emote in the Emerald Dreamway will either say:
  • “You hear a strange feral screech coming from the Hinterlands portal.”
  • “You hear a strange feral screech coming from the Duskwood portal.”
  • “You hear a strange feral screech coming from the Feralas portal.”

After you go through the portal you will need to search for the grey (appears in other colors as well) owlcat stone in the area around the portal. I compiled all currently (2016.09.28) known waypoints in a TomTom pastable format. Note that you can paste the whole waypoint block using an addon called Paste - https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/paste (after installing, type "/paste show", then ctrl+v the contents from clipboard and click paste & close).
Hinterlands coords wrote:/way The Hinterlands 57 34
/way The Hinterlands 58 32
/way The Hinterlands 58.1 18.1
/way The Hinterlands 58.3 29.1
/way The Hinterlands 58.59 32.1
/way The Hinterlands 59.6 25.5
/way The Hinterlands 60 28
/way The Hinterlands 60 29
/way The Hinterlands 60 33
/way The Hinterlands 63.94 31.73
/way The Hinterlands 64 24
/way The Hinterlands 66 20
/way The Hinterlands 66 38
/way The Hinterlands 66.06 37.28
/way The Hinterlands 66.9 20.5
/way The Hinterlands 67 31
/way The Hinterlands 68 24
/way The Hinterlands 68 36
/way The Hinterlands 68.9 32.4

Feralas coords wrote:/way Feralas 48 6
/way Feralas 48 10
/way Feralas 49.5 4.4
/way Feralas 50 11
/way Feralas 50 15
/way Feralas 50.85 4.4
/way Feralas 51 8
/way Feralas 51 10
/way Feralas 51 11
/way Feralas 51.3 15.5
/way Feralas 51.51 5.38
/way Feralas 52 6
/way Feralas 52 10
/way Feralas 52 11
/way Feralas 52.84 15.43
/way Feralas 53.81 14.93
/way Feralas 54 6
/way Feralas 54 15
/way Feralas 54.04 7.85
/way Feralas 54.34 10.3

Duskwood coords wrote:/way Duskwood 42 38
/way Duskwood 43 38
/way Duskwood 44 35
/way Duskwood 45 36
/way Duskwood 45 45
/way Duskwood 48 31
/way Duskwood 48 44
/way Duskwood 48.93 38.75
/way Duskwood 50.85 45.06
/way Duskwood 51 41

You can clear all TomTom waypoints in a zone with a command; e.g. for Feralas: "/way reset Feralas".

After you click on the stone you will receive a buff called http://www.wowhead.com/spell=226158/mar ... moonspirit , which says “A strange power passes through you and then subsides…”, and will last for 20 seconds. An emote will also appear saying “You hear something dart away behind you… and then just silence.”

These are the dumps related to the three zones, the "active" dump will return True if you got a screech for that zone that day and the "touch" will read True if you found and clicked that stone:

You can use the following macro to test all dumps in one click:
/script for q,i in pairs({["Event"]=44326,["Feralas Act"]=44327,["Hinter Act"]=44328,["Dusk Act"]=44329,["Feralas Tou"]=44331,["Hinter Tou"]=44332,["Duskwood Tou"]=44330})do print(q,IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(i))end

Step 2 - Receive screeches from all 3 portals

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/206 ... st42564213
Nutrichopa wrote:TODAY I GOT THE HIDDEN SKIN!! After getting a screech once per day (Hinterlands x2, feralas x1, duskwood x1) i returned to the dreamway (Just after clicking the duskwood stone) to found "The Moonspirit" (El'lothien or whatever) on the middle of the dreamway sitting still. The only thing you need to do when you see him is /sit and automatically the feather will apear in your bag. PROOF: imgur.com/a/ekR5T imgur.com/a/F39TR
I was Guardian Spec and i switched to feral when i saw "The Moonspirit". WHen you /sit he will move towards an "offline" portal and disappear (You cannot follow him through)

It seems the touch progress was not saved previously, and Blizzard fixed it this week's maintenance. The "log out in Dreamway to save progress" is not true, and was purely coincidence that progress was saved after logging out there.

History
  • 2016.09.10 - Initial version
  • 2016.09.20 - Confirmed AK4 requirement for screeches
  • 2016.09.27 - Waypoints added, unrelated information ditched, formatting
  • 2016.09.29 - Appearance unlocked, it seems blizzard fixed the progress not being saved
Last edited by zafir on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Honored

Re: Hidden artifact appearance

Postby Istaro » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 am

zafir wrote:As far as I am concerned, I've completed the order hall campaign, 8/11 Suramar chapters, Artifact Knowledge 3, and have yet to see / hear any screeches in the Emerald Dreamway. What is your experience?

Ditto on all counts (assuming you mean Artifact Knowledge 2, because I think 3 would mean you've been 110 for longer than Legion has been out).

Postby zafir » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Istaro wrote:
zafir wrote:As far as I am concerned, I've completed the order hall campaign, 8/11 Suramar chapters, Artifact Knowledge 3, and have yet to see / hear any screeches in the Emerald Dreamway. What is your experience?

Ditto on all counts (assuming you mean Artifact Knowledge 2, because I think 3 would mean you've been 110 for longer than Legion has been out).

Yes, I mean AK2; I thought you start on level 1 and I got my second scroll yesterday, therefore AK3, but I stand corrected :)

On another note, I started an investigation into Moonbeasts in Winterspring; tried some emotes and skills on Yowlon and co, but nothing worth mentioning happened yet.

Honored

Postby Istaro » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:35 pm

zafir wrote:On another note, I started an investigation into Moonbeasts in Winterspring; tried some emotes and skills on Yowlon and co, but nothing worth mentioning happened yet.

I salute your investigative spirit!

Postby Dinosawr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Supposedly, according to a screenshot on Wowhead of a chat with a GM, it's maybe not working on Live.
http://imgur.com/jwVsN5d
"Low Priority" and "Devs are looking into it"

I've got all of the Suramar quests available completed, I'm Revered with them now. AK is maxed as possible at the moment. Have 13-14 points into my Feral weapon. Have the owlcat pet, etc. No screeches for me either. As far as we know, nobodies reported hearing them on Live.

Honored

Postby Istaro » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Well that's annoying, especially because you have to do lots of stuff with that appearance active in order to unlock the other tints.

Thanks for sharing that link, though.

Postby zafir » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:07 pm

Dinosawr wrote:Supposedly, according to a screenshot on Wowhead of a chat with a GM, it's maybe not working on Live.
http://imgur.com/jwVsN5d
"Low Priority" and "Devs are looking into it"

I've got all of the Suramar quests available completed, I'm Revered with them now. AK is maxed as possible at the moment. Have 13-14 points into my Feral weapon. Have the owlcat pet, etc. No screeches for me either. As far as we know, nobodies reported hearing them on Live.

My theory (tinfoil on) regarding this is the following:

1) people have started "gettting" the screeches on beta after a patch, and at that time people with various sorts of AK's, completed suramar storyline or not, regardless of everything, everyone got screeches.
2) In order to "test" the screech and owlcat stone part, Blizz hotfixed it so everyone could hear the screeches, but this is because
3) No-one managed to do the necessary things which will unlock the screeches. I'm not sure what these are, but I think the Feathermanes in Suramar are involved, and possibly also Azsuna (Llothien).

There are a couple of interesting things going on in Feathermane Hunting Grounds (Suramar). First of all, after completing Eminent Grow-Main, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=103712/yowlon (grey coat, king) and http://www.wowhead.com/npc=104479/slyon (red coat, mate of king), and lots of white coated http://www.wowhead.com/npc=103711/feathermane-kitten , along with 4 grey coated http://www.wowhead.com/npc=103497/feathermane-hunter are cramped together in a bunch. I tried kiting the nearby http://www.wowhead.com/npc=104220/starving-ettin and also http://www.wowhead.com/npc=105547/rauren (red coat, Owlkitten Matron) to this sorry branch and found some interaction, as the 4 hunters assisted me in killing the elite, both times. Yowlon, the king, didn't bat an eye.

Also regarding the Starving Ettin, there is a Feathermane Kitten in his left hand! When you kill it, the kitten quickly skitters away, but you cannot catch him (at least I couldn't)...

Postby Dinosawr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:51 am

Saw this on the forums today:

Hidden Artifact Appearances
We can confirm that the processes for obtaining these alternate appearances are all in the game and functioning properly. Once you’ve met all the appropriate requirements – some of which involve content that hasn’t yet been released, or will take some time to complete – the appearance will be granted to your character.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topi ... 4?page=1#8

So, may be time-gated by Artifact Knowledge level, like the Ret pally one?

Postby Skylarc » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:34 am

I wanted to add that this

" Hidden Effect
Hunter's Rush : The Fangs of Ashamane have fed on the blood of beasts, providing a 3% movement speed increase.
According to comments, it stacks up to three times, to a total of 9%."

Probably has nothing to do with the moonspirit skin, This Effect shows up for me in the game and I dont have the skin

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:07 pm

From what I've gathered the Hidden Effect is a bonus proc or animation that happens but is not referenced anywhere on the item itself. Not hidden, more unlisted.

As for Owlcat speculation I started wondering about the wolf pups that hang around outside the Dreamway portals. The latest Artifact Knowledge (AK3) page mentioned Ashamane sneaking up on wolves and roaring to frighten them. Not specifically related to the Owlcat form but do they spawn in the same location or move around between portals? My first attempt involved killing them and gained nothing, waiting a while for a respawn now.
I'm probably grasping at straws but we don't have much to go on.

Postby Skylarc » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:54 am

AsgardFM wrote:From what I've gathered the Hidden Effect is a bonus proc or animation that happens but is not referenced anywhere on the item itself. Not hidden, more unlisted.

As for Owlcat speculation I started wondering about the wolf pups that hang around outside the Dreamway portals. The latest Artifact Knowledge (AK3) page mentioned Ashamane sneaking up on wolves and roaring to frighten them. Not specifically related to the Owlcat form but do they spawn in the same location or move around between portals? My first attempt involved killing them and gained nothing, waiting a while for a respawn now.
I'm probably grasping at straws but we don't have much to go on.

the wolf mother and pups were siting outside the duskwood/twilight grove portal, i whent thrue and there is a moonwell with a owl statue next to the portal (prabably unrelated tho)
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mmKnf8kw-CE/maxresdefault.jpg

this also seems to be one of the quest areas for the balance artefact wepon

Postby Belanor » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey everyone,
So I've been looking into trying to find the feral appearance and scowering the web to find information on it. Seems much isn't known of course other then he possibility of the quest line in Suramar has something to do with it. So every now and then I head out to the area where Yowlon is and the questline takes part. Now Im not sure if this has anything to do with unlocking the chances of getting the screeches or not inside the emerald dreamway, but one of the times I went to check that area, I could target 5 of the many feathermane hunters on the ground and attack them. I did so till I was unable then after a couple minutes they all de-spawned on me, Im not sure if there would be a order to attack them or not or if it has anything to unlock the feral appearance. Just figured I'd share the info as it might help someone find it out!

Postby Morimoto » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:55 pm

could there maybe be a tie between Yowlon's Mark, Lurking Owl Kitten, and Yowlon?

Honored

Postby Oronare » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:16 pm

I keep thinking there must be some link to Pridelord Meowl. One of the more obvious/largest owlcats on the isle, but I can't see anything in or around his ruins.

Postby Morimoto » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:41 am

Posters on MMOC are reporting once they achieve artifact knowledge lv4 they are hearing the screeches.

Postby ex1t » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Morimoto wrote:Posters on MMOC are reporting once they achieve artifact knowledge lv4 they are hearing the screeches.

i hope this is true. i want to be an owl kitty so bad

Postby Dashuria » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:55 am

I haven't completed suramar quest before I got my first screech on my feral on beta, she had her campaign completed and knowledge of level I think 3 or 4, and heard them every 2 days, I also dont think I had all reps on honored. Then I leveled my second druid, did campaign, suramar 8/11, got all reps +honored and was plying on her like 3 weeks, was sending my artifact researches since I hit 110, but I dont remeber exsctly my AK lvl, I only remember that I used one scroll, then deced and had a rollback, my AK was gone. This druid heard 0 screeches total. Maybe it was bugged for her or there's something we're still missing.

Postby teldira » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:21 am

So, today I finished my Wardens and Highmountain world quests - and got revered with Highmountain tribe. Before that I just reached AK 4.

I haven't gotten a screech, but when I tried "/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326)" it read true, i'm guessing it has to do with rep? (I tried it before I got revered, it read false.)

I got the Hinterlands screech today after picking up AK 5! https://gyazo.com/19ce615b955928691f02ed4da949eeed
Duskwood one today after Hinterlands! https://gyazo.com/c6e773e62a9585e51b645ee9252a5e0e
Last edited by teldira on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby ex1t » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:39 am

i just got my first screech after learning AK 4. went through the duskwood portal, found the moonstone. Clicked it, nothing happened. Clicked it in feral form and got the buff and the emote in chat. 2 more stone to go!

Postby Naeru » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 am

Can confirm Artifact Knowlegde 4. Just had my first screech after getting that Knowlegde at 4. No changes in rep or Suramar Questlines that triggered it.

Postby zafir » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:17 am

Very good news indeed that AK4 is the requirement for the screeches. I edited the main post to reflect this. Just out of curiousity, did you guys also finish the Eminent Grow-Main questlines, it is hard to determine whether it is a requirement since I guess everybody finished it already.

Also, what do the dump commands return for you?

Postby ex1t » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:10 am

zafir wrote:Very good news indeed that AK4 is the requirement for the screeches. I edited the main post to reflect this. Just out of curiousity, did you guys also finish the Eminent Grow-Main questlines, it is hard to determine whether it is a requirement since I guess everybody finished it already.

Also, what do the dump commands return for you?

i already had all the presumed questlines done and the daily event roll dumb was false before and after i learned AK , so i dont know whats up with that.

Postby Chuvisko » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Still no whispers, tho.

And by the way, the first return false came while standing at Violet Citadel, and the second in the Dreamway, so I'm not sure if switching to Feral had anything to do with the change.

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:04 pm

teldira wrote:So, today I finished my Wardens and Highmountain world quests - and got revered with Highmountain tribe. Before that I just reached AK 4.

I haven't gotten a screech, but when I tried "/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(44326)" it read true, i'm guessing it has to do with rep? (I tried it before I got revered, it read false.)

I'm in the same situation, Dreamway flag reads as True but no screech. Presumably it's random for each person rather than the Feral population of every server getting the screech on the same day.

Postby Eowiel » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:10 pm

So the dump is now returning true for me. It happened as soon as I got AK 4 - not revered with everything yet, so I doubt it has anything to do with rep.
I have done the owlkin quest in Suramar.
Still haven't had a screech though, hoping it'll come tomorrow!

Next

Return to Kitty DPS