Register

Kitty DPS 4.3 Whats the story?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Kitty DPS 4.3 Whats the story?

Postby Sonsys » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:45 am

Hey all,

I have read in various places the QQ from people about the positioning requirements that are letting Kittys down on the PTR, but I would like to know if this is effecting us as much as some people are making out?

Are we going to be competative in 4.3? Will we once again rise to our former glory as a dps spec??

It would be awesome to get some feedback from those who have played the PTR or been theorycrafting the different fights!

I guess my main reason for asking is that my GM has asked me to tank 4.3 as we are loosing a tank, If we are going to suffer too much due to mechanics of fights etc then I may have to take up his offer, but if we are going to be seeing some decent numbers and fun fights then I dont think ill bring my larger hairyer arse out just yet.

Thanks in advance for the replys!

Sonsys

Honored

Re: Kitty DPS 4.3 Whats the story?

Postby Rarge » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Not being able to shred is about a 7% DPS with the glyph change I believe. Source: viewtopic.php?p=5931#p5931

We're simming as averagish DPS when we can do 100%. http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html

Interpret that how you please.

Postby Serringa » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:49 pm

My anecdotal experience from PTR normal mode DS has been really good. Not sure how much broken UIs / not knowing fights / not bringing A-game was hurting other people (some were not performing anywhere near what they do on live), but I was doing well most fights. #2 on Madness. #7 on Ultraxion without Glyph of Mangle (oops).

The positioning just isn't much of an issue. Morchok, Zon'ozz, and Yor'sahj are all very easy positioning. Hagara has lots of movement, which can be tough on melee but cats move around pretty fast. I found Blackhorn annoying, but I hated gunship and bouncing around between all the moving adds. Spine has easy positioning.

Ultraxion is the obvious issue - will we get benched for heroic Ultraxion progression with the ludicrous DPS check...maybe.

Madness seems to be pretty well suited to feral. Everything is easy to shred - things without an obvious front/back seem to have a 360 degree shred angle. The add switches last long enough to ramp up (except meteors), and there are predictable hard switches off of a target where we can leave a fresh set of dots. The annoying thing I found was that a 3 minute cooldown doesn't line up well with the 4 platforms - I had berserk up for a different phase each time - I did initial arm tentacle burn -> mutated corruption -> bloods -> late cataclysm burn -> after first set of p2 adds. Berserk is really good for each of those things, but if we were trying to focus on one thing (e.g. blood AoE without spellweave up) I wouldn't be able to sync Berserk with it. Maybe heroic will line up differently.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Rarge wrote:Not being able to shred is about a 7% DPS with the glyph change I believe. Source: viewtopic.php?p=5931#p5931

We're simming as averagish DPS when we can do 100%. http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html

Interpret that how you please.

Glyph of Mangle is better than Glyph of Bloodletting (old GoShred) for any 100% non-shreddable fight (but still a ~7% nerf, its not significantly better as to improve much on that).

Really, it all comes down to the encounter mechanics. Certain encounter mechanics favor certain classes/specs. That's why T11 was a ranged/multi-dot fest (but generally easier mechanics for melee, so only the best ranged stomped the melee). T12 changed that up a bit, it was a little better balanced. Haven't really heard much on T13 so its a we'll have to see.

Return to Kitty DPS