Register

Preperation for 7.2

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Preperation for 7.2

Postby Dewgy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:02 pm

We don't seem to have a topic on it so i figure we should leave our tips and tricks here. Maybe some smarter people can work out where best to place our new traits what with having a extra rip and rake level now.

Some general advice that i know is:
Do NOT open M+ cache until you do the broken shore scenario/quests to get AK26 instantly.
Do NOT open Sunday and Monday emissary chest. Do so after AK26 is attained.
Complete 2 AP follower missions before Tuesday. Do NOT redeem until AFTER AK26.

If someone could work out where best to put our new refunded trait points too that would be helpful too. I'm presuming its going 4/4 rake and rip but that's just intuition.

Honored

Re: Preperation for 7.2

Postby Nich » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:25 am

Dewgy wrote:We don't seem to have a topic on it so i figure we should leave our tips and tricks here. Maybe some smarter people can work out where best to place our new traits what with having a extra rip and rake level now.
That's a tough one - immediate gains from rip/rake/shred, or sink double the rank 54 AP required to get Frailty, the obvious answer to a burst CD.

Postby Cluey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Nich wrote:
Dewgy wrote:We don't seem to have a topic on it so i figure we should leave our tips and tricks here. Maybe some smarter people can work out where best to place our new traits what with having a extra rip and rake level now.
That's a tough one - immediate gains from rip/rake/shred, or sink double the rank 54 AP required to get Frailty, the obvious answer to a burst CD.

I've been looking at the calculator too, damn those traits get expensive!
This is what I thought I'd do.
If you have 54 traits in your weapon now, I'm sure a few of us do, that's all the points you can spend before getting more AP.
You've got 65,256,330 AP in a 54 point weapon, that link has 48,766,330 AP spent but the next trait costs 22M to get and we've only got 16,490,000 left.
This leaves us 5.51M AP required to go from here to the next trait.

What that trait should be is the big question, I suspect Feral Power (Shred) will be next, followed by Feral Instinct (Berserk damage), but I've got no maths behind this. Just using logic based on our rotation and which relics we favour. That the new trait, Thrashing Claws, is an AoE one, doesn't help. We're not particularly good at AoE so spending so much AP on it doesn't feel right.

Thankfully the lads behind Ask Mr Robot are already trying to get their simulator updated, which will take the feels out of the equation. I suspect the clever people doing the Simc stuff are also working on it, however I've got no idea who they are.

Honored

Postby Nich » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:17 pm

I think I'll go for frailty. Extra thrash damage with luffas, yum. (I think we're a pretty good aoe class, actually)

Postby gsanta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:47 am

Dewgy wrote:Some general advice that i know is:
Do NOT open M+ cache until you do the broken shore scenario/quests to get AK26 instantly.

For the emissary chests would that be completing the quests to be able to turn in but not turning in until later? I assume that is the case because the 2 items collected is the gear container and the AP item, but wanted to be sure that is what was meant.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:05 am

gsanta wrote:

For the emissary chests would that be completing the quests to be able to turn in but not turning in until later? I assume that is the case because the 2 items collected is the gear container and the AP item, but wanted to be sure that is what was meant.

You can even wait to do the quests until after Tuesday so any WQ you do that award AP will award the higher amount.

Postby gsanta » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Konungr wrote:
gsanta wrote:

You can even wait to do the quests until after Tuesday so any WQ you do that award AP will award the higher amount.

I think I have it figured out. If we specifically complete but hold Sunday's and Monday's emissaries this would still allow Tuesday to appear as usual. We then get to AK26 and then turn in Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. The only advantage I can see to doing this versus completing Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday all on Tuesday is the ability to complete as time is available and not taking up as much time all on Tuesday. Thoughts?

Postby Cluey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Nich wrote:I think I'll go for frailty. Extra thrash damage with luffas, yum. (I think we're a pretty good aoe class, actually)

With the Luffa's we contribute a lot better than without but other classes are SO much better, assuming equally skilled players playing them all.
When I tag along with friends, who still play much more seriously than I do, add spawns/waves die so fast that I'd probably be better off just running Blood Scent instead of Predator and ignoring them. But when I play with less skilled people, or slower target switchers, I can do a decent amount.

Postby Bralek » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:25 pm

"I've just been informed that, due to the transition between Patch 7.1.5 and Patch 7.2, there will be no AP rewards in the Challenger's Bounty until next week. Feel free to loot your weekly chest immediately, rather than waiting until after you've upgraded your Artifact"

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1053 ... ch/#post57

Postby Dewgy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Yeah looks like you can open your weekly chest as soon as possible. For emissaries they are not resetting in progress so if you wanted you could do the world quests for them before or after 7.2 hits. As long as you don't complete the emissary quest and get the box now you should be alright.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 pm

gsanta wrote:...
I think I have it figured out. If we specifically complete but hold Sunday's and Monday's emissaries this would still allow Tuesday to appear as usual. We then get to AK26 and then turn in Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. The only advantage I can see to doing this versus completing Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday all on Tuesday is the ability to complete as time is available and not taking up as much time all on Tuesday. Thoughts?

I already did Sunday's (Court of Farondis) just because it ended up getting completed while I was knocking out the Bi-Weekly Arch quest, but haven't turned it in. I'm waiting until tomorrow to do Today's WQ that way any WQ I do for the Highmountain emissary that award AP will award the AK26 amount.

Honored

Postby Ayleena » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

I literally had no idea until today that 7.2 was coming out tomorrow. Sheesh! They could do a slightly better job on the battlenet screen, flashing dates or something.

I was convinced I was going to get to 54 traits before 7.2, thinking it'd come out in May. Right now I'm at 51 halfway to 52. It would've been nice to know, like 3 weeks ago what the date was. If I had 3 weeks I probably could have loaded up on AP.

Postby Furial » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:53 am

It won't matter. The AP items you get will give you the amount of AP they show at the time of acquisition. All you need is 34 traits to allow you to do the quests for the empowered traits. Lastly, all AP used past 34 traits will be refunded and considering that AK 25 to 26 is a 300% increase to your current AK %, it's really not going to matter.

TLDR: 51 or 54, you're likely to end up on the same artifact level in 7.2

Honored

Postby Ayleena » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 am

So any consensus on the first trait we get with our refunded points?

Postby Bralek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:54 am

Ayleena wrote:So any consensus on the first trait we get with our refunded points?

From Xanzara in feral discord pins : http://xanzara.com/72artefact_order.png

Honored

Postby Ayleena » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Sounds good. I think I'll modify slightly and go 10%, Rake, Rip, Serk, work to Frailty, then TF, Shred, everything else. I have a TF relic so I dont think I need TF right away. I like the Serk and Frailty synergy for some more burst. Buffing the melee is a nice bonus too.

Postby Dewgy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:45 pm

surprised ashamanes energy is so soon seeing as i don't have too much of a energy problem with gloves but ill trust it.

Return to Kitty DPS