Register

about Ovale with New Script

Face-rippin fun.

about Ovale with New Script

Postby Madkoala » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:00 pm

First, thanks Alaron, Leafkiller you guys for bring us a great script for Ovale.
I have some Ovale experience in 3.3.5 and enjoy it very much. Though I know how to move it, but yesterday I applied new script in my Ovale and found the interface changed.
Formerly interface was a combination with one(or two) big frame and two small frame, now it becomes a long row like attached pic. How can I adjust it, it seems too big to cover my half screen...

Or could you please to send me a Ovale folder+Ovale WTF file you use...

Here is my screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BTW:
I have deleted former "interface" and "WTF" folder, so this is the first time to use Ovale after update to 4.0.1.
Last edited by Madkoala on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Re: about Ovale with New Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:18 pm

I am wondering if this is an internationalization issue with Ovale. I have never seen anything like that in my client.

I would ask the Author of the Ovale. You can post a ticket to him here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ovale/tickets/

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 am

That is the base script. You need to delete any existing script before adding what Leaf did.

Postby Achnom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Type /ovale code - then cut out any code that's extraneous. I did quite a bit of modifying, since I prefer a minimalist UI.

This code adds a small box, see where it says size=small? if you don't want the box, just delete this code and everything in between the brackets.

AddIcon help=cd size=small
{

[Random Code HERE]

}

The code below adds a large box - don't want the box, delete this code.

AddIcon help=main {

}

For instance, I don't use any on-use trinkets, so I deleted the following from the script I use and the boxes are removed.

AddIcon help=cd
{
if Stance(3) or Stance(1) {
Item(Trinket0Slot usable=1)
}
}AddIcon help=cd
{
if Stance(3) or Stance(1) {
Item(Trinket1Slot usable=1)
}
}

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:39 pm

@Achnom - if there is any part of the the ScriptUI you don't want to see, I can add a config switch to hide it so you don't have to apply the same edits to the script every time I update it. For instance you mentioned using the 1.0.4 script in the other thread - but the 1.0.5 version does produce higher dps - so you should look at switching over. Hiding the two trinket boxes with a checkbox is trivial. You are also aware, I hope, that there is a config option in Ovale to hide boxes with no content in them so the trinket boxes only show up if you have an on-use trinket equipped - which you will not see in cat gear.

Postby Madkoala » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm

@ Hi Goodmongo and Achnom, I deleted all existing script after I type in /ovale code, then I add what leaf contributed script.
@ Leaf, what I think is quite same to Achnom, even the original ovale has too many boxes, maybe the author can provide a config option which we can hide the trinket boxes?

Update: when I use 1.0.5 script...more boxes appear...

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:38 am

Madkoala wrote:@ Hi Goodmongo and Achnom, I deleted all existing script after I type in /ovale code, then I add what leaf contributed script.
@ Leaf, what I think is quite same to Achnom, even the original ovale has too many boxes, maybe the author can provide a config option which we can hide the trinket boxes?

Update: when I use 1.0.5 script...more boxes appear...

You can turn off the 4 little boxes to the left - click on the ovale frame and look at the options.

Postby Madkoala » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:44 am

More boxes means double what u can see in my attached pic...

:cry: I swear I deleted Ovale interface and its WTF file again, then paste a new 4.0.1 ovale from curseforge yesterday.
Next I typed in "/ovale code" in game, deleted all existing script, then paste the new script in...

Thanks for your suggestion, Leaf. Anyway, I cannot access curseforge today. So I'm afraid I cannot create a new ticket in Ovale author's forum.
Could you please send me a rar package with your "Ovale" folder under Interface/Addons, and your Ovale WTF files? I will deleted all my Ovale relavent files again and test it, if the problem still occurs, we can suppose it should be a internazion problem, am i right?

Thanks again for all your prompt response, guys!! Enjoy kitty!!

Postby tbot » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Madkoala wrote:More boxes means double what u can see in my attached pic...

:cry: I swear I deleted Ovale interface and its WTF file again, then paste a new 4.0.1 ovale from curseforge yesterday.
Next I typed in "/ovale code" in game, deleted all existing script, then paste the new script in...

Thanks for your suggestion, Leaf. Anyway, I cannot access curseforge today. So I'm afraid I cannot create a new ticket in Ovale author's forum.
Could you please send me a rar package with your "Ovale" folder under Interface/Addons, and your Ovale WTF files? I will deleted all my Ovale relavent files again and test it, if the problem still occurs, we can suppose it should be a internazion problem, am i right?

Thanks again for all your prompt response, guys!! Enjoy kitty!!

This isn't an Ovale issue.
It's interracting in a wierd way with your button bar mod.

Return to Kitty DPS