Register

Bleeds

Face-rippin fun.

Bleeds

Postby Offbalance » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:22 am

So I have been prowling around looking for a clear cut answer on whether it is better to refresh or reapply bleeds. But it seems to be give the answer "Keep up" on everything. This implies refresh, to me (at 1-3 sec). Which is correct? Does it matter?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced - as you can tell form my lvl85 achievement I have only been playing Feral for almost 2 months (best 2 months of wow ever btw) so don't mock to hard at my noob question :P

Honored

Re: Bleeds

Postby Terias » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 am

The last tick of a bleed can be 'clipped' without a dps loss, this last tick is added to the duration of your next bleed. Optimal bleed uptime is obtained by clipping that last tick as often as possible. If you clip more than the last tick, the damage is lost. If you reapply, you will have a slight loss in uptime between each bleed.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Refresh rip >2 secs
Rake >3

Best advice I could offer ya is to grab leaf's ovale script and of course the ovale addon and just use that for awhile if you have questions. It really is a great tool to get a feel for the priority.

Honored

Postby Rarge » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:12 pm

If the duration left is less than a tick then refresh, this goes for all dots as far as I am aware.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Qbear wrote:Refresh rip >2 secs
Rake >3

Best advice I could offer ya is to grab leaf's ovale script and of course the ovale addon and just use that for awhile if you have questions. It really is a great tool to get a feel for the priority.

Qbear is right on with this. Get Leafs script and really give it a work out on some target dummies to get a good feeling for the rotation. When you have that down and feel comfortable with it there are a few exceptions to the rules above:
- During the Tigers Fury buff (6 seconds of + 15% damge) it is ok to refresh Rake only if it's duration is less then 9 seconds. Do not worry about Rip, and don't hold up refreshing it to wait for TF.
- If you know you are about to change targets, Savage Roar has plenty of time on it, and you know the target won't die in less then 16 seconds, refreshing Rip/Rake is not a bad idea.

Postby Offbalance » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 am

Qbear wrote:Refresh rip >2 secs
Rake >3

perfect, thanks.

Return to Kitty DPS