Register

Engineering

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Engineering

Postby Dabeasty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:27 am

Isn't Engi much better than the other profs?

I have always liked Engineering as a profession. I love the speedy boots, the Jeeves and all the other fun bits it brings. Mostly though, I can't help but think that Synapse Springs give me more than the passive 80Agi from the other profs.

Because people are saying that GoTF is now better than GoBL but only if you aren't an engineer, I must admit I am toying with the idea of swapping profs (being the crazy max dps hungerer I am). But I am very reluctant.

Macroing Synapse to TF, the 480 Agi from Synapse Springs is always up whilst I am full on energy (from TF) and have a damage boost (from TF) and now have a free Ravage (from Tier) I can't help but think that its pretty powerful. Am I missing something or is that not substantially better than a passive 80 Agi which is often wasted (low energy times, off-target times)?

Thoughts?

Re: Engineering

Postby Darkrealm » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:24 am

Just remember that you can't activate Synapse Springs and another On Use trinket at the same time. Activating one will lock out the other for short period. So if you use an on use trinket macro'd to TF then don't bother.

As to engineering as a whole, I'm an engineer on two characters but I regret it now. You can't make money from it, and the only time it's really useful is at the start of an expansion when you get a really great helm before anyone else. The helm is awesome at it's ilvl, especially for hybrids as you can craft it multiple times and have one for each spec; but it is obsolete now meaning there is nothing really to produce as an engineer.

It's one of my pet peeves about WoW that engineering has so much promise to be interesting but seldom lives up to it, mostly due to balance issues. The training dummy is a good example. It was a fun item to use, then a top guild ruined it by using a bunch of them to defeat a heroic boss in t11 and it was nerfed.

Engineering is full of mostly useless crap which could be forgiven if the crap was fun in some way, but mostly its not.

Return to Kitty DPS