Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's 4.01 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:03 pm

Alaron wrote:(night elves only)
Vanish on OOC->Ravage? Only +80%? Silly and just Shred instead?

It is an interesting concept - but we only get Shadowmeld every 2 minutes.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Lol it's funny, I complained about the FC window in version B, but now I'm so used to seeing that little icon out by itself that it looks weird without it in version C XD

Guess I'll get used to it though...thanks for all your great work Leafkiller!

Postby Димонтий » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Add in the menu switching-off sherd (The second phase Al`akir 10ppl)

In the form of a cat АОЕ rotation doesn't work, even if it is noted swipe
Last edited by Димонтий on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby shapexifter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 am

Hi masters :D

Just added the last version of the script (copy pasted to ovale ingame) though after this step, ovale doesn't appear anymore.

I already:

- Reseted ovale (this makes it appear again but with the "original" script :cry: )
- Copy pasted the new version (last update from leaf for 4.0.6) of the script 3 times (I was already using the previous version).
- Checked the ovale options in order to understand what's wrong, but the options are all correct.
- Restarted my computer
- Reloaded UI
- Got desperate :twisted:

Yup... noob alert :roll:

Please help.

Postby Lax » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:42 am

Thanks for another great update Leafkiller.

There are so many options (checkboxes) now, that I have to unlock Ovale and move it around to get to the bottom of them :) Would be nice if Ovale could display them a bit differently...

Working FC into the rotation feels a bit wierd at first, but it's nice to have something else to do than shredding :) It is definitely a dps increase once you get the hang of it.

Postby syntax » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 am

Lax wrote:There are so many options (checkboxes) now, that I have to unlock Ovale and move it around to get to the bottom of them :) Would be nice if Ovale could display them a bit differently...

I agree. I submitted a message on their forum but have yet to get a response: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ovale/forum/general/18303-move-the-checkboxes/. Maybe if some more people post it will get bumped on the priority list.

I don't like having to mess with the checkboxes either and if anyone is like me you can leave the FC setting on and then just remove these from the main rotation:

Code: Select all
if CheckBoxOn(fc) {
          if TargetInRange(FERALCHARGECAT)
             Spell(FERALCHARGECAT)
       }

and

Code: Select all
# FC Runaway code
      if CheckBoxOn(fc) {
         unless BuffPresent(TIGERSFURY) or BuffPresent(BERSERK) {
            unless CheckBoxOn(t11) and BuffExpires(PANTHER 4) {
               if List(fctime t1) and 1s before Spell(FERALCHARGECAT) {
                  unless TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 3.9 mine=1) Texture(Spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat)
               }
               if List(fctime t2) and 2s before Spell(FERALCHARGECAT) {
                  unless TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 4.9 mine=1) Texture(Spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat)
               }
               if List(fctime t3) and 3s before Spell(FERALCHARGECAT) {
                  unless TargetDebuffExpires(RAKE 5.9 mine=1) Texture(Spell_druid_stampedingroar_cat)
               }
            }
         }
      }

If you remove those in the first rotation but leave them in the second (which is just a copy minus filler shreds) then you will always see your main rotation on the first icon and you will see if it is suggesting that you FC/run out on the second icon. Works well for me.

Postby Димонтий » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 am

"Trash/Swipe on Cooldown" Doesn't display Swipe on box, In the form of a cat, if it is noted

Postby Lax » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Димонтий wrote:"Trash/Swipe on Cooldown" Doesn't display Swipe on box, In the form of a cat, if it is noted

That checkbox is for bear form only.

On that subject, does anyone know if there are there any changes in the bear rotation?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I ran with the script last night - with the instant FC option turned on for Chimaeron. The problem I ran into was during the feud phase where I did not want to FC (which is why Syntax is removing some code from the script). I also found that having a fifth cooldown box off by itself was annoying. (although it is easy enough to turn off the cooldown boxes - it really depends on what you want to use to see those).

There are alternate approaches to how to display the rotation (for example what Mihir did in his script where the fillers were left out of the main rotation box). I have always preferred having a single box where everything I *should* cast at a given time will be displayed. Some things are fight dependent. For example, I keep Berserk out of the main rotation box most of the time - and only turn it on for fights where there is no specific burn phase I care about (Valiona and Theralion for example).

The problem with Feral Charge is that I want to have an idea when to use it - and even when to run out, but the only fight I have found where I want to use it without any concern for anything else happening is Valiona and Theralion. Just restricting it to the second rotation display as Syntax is doing, is not something I want to do as that frame is intended to tell you what is coming in your main rotation - and if you are not in a position to FC due to fight mechanics, then it should not be in either of the two main rotation boxes.

I am thinking about putting the FC logic where the TF cooldown is now. TF is always a core part of the rotation, so having it in a separate box to the left of the rotation is not meaningful. I look to those two boxes as optional rotation elements and not cooldowns - which is why Berserk is there. I am also thinking of changing the Berserk code to shade it when you do not want to cast it (I am pretty sure there is a way to display it, but slightly grayed out in Ovale). For the FC box, I will include the logic for running out - so it will either show the FC icon cooldown, the icon for running out, or FC when it is castable. By doing this, it can always be there - and always tell you when you can cast it - so I can remove the FC option from the switches (I will still need a definition of distance for running out).

I am considering dropping the TF cooldown box entirely and just keeping the 4 cooldown boxes I have to the right as TF is integral to the rotation and will always be called for when appropriate.

I do agree that there are too many choices. I want to keep the Berserk choice as I like having that on fights where I want to use it ASAP (it helps me process faster). I am considering removing the Mangle option. In my opinion, if the debuff is not on the target you should Mangle whether or not someone else is responsible for doing so. The 4P T11 bonus is not a factor as that will go away when we get to the next tier of gear - so I am thinking of this strictly from a rotation perspective. I am also considering removing the switch for Faerie Fire. That is another one that should be cast if it is not up regardless of who else is there. If someone else puts it up, you will not see it.

On the bear side, I am thinking of removing the AOE and Adds choices. You should always be using Thrash in the rotation anyways and if you are tanking multiple mobs, you will be doing Thrash and Swipe, along with mangle/lacerate on rotating targets and it is not something you need Ovale for.

I would like some feedback on these changes - especially if any of you are relying on features I am thinking of changing.

Postby syntax » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:50 pm

I personally turn off all the cooldown boxes and had removed the code for the FC box when it wasn't part of them. I can see cooldowns in a variety of other places and dont need another one.

Why not make a third main box that shows things like berserk, FC, FF, and mangle (when missing, not for t11 stacking as that would then be part of main rotation)? Your first box would be your main rotation including filler shreds, second box would be main rotation minus filler shreds allowing you to see what is coming up next, and the third box would show a priority of things; FC, run out for FC, mangle, FF, berserk (in that order i think).

P. S. I would leave the "out of melee range" texture in the main rotation box as i think that helps you realiize when either you or the boss has shifted out of melee range. Possibly a different texture though (something not one of our abilties so new people to the script dont think you are asking them to roar).

As for bear, i tanked a lot in wrath but found it even more boring/annoying in cataclysm so i dont anymore, but a tank frequently doesnt want to thrash/swipe when there are CC'd targets so thats another situation where they would be better suited in a second box in my opinion. it's always been anooying to me when an ovale script will only show me an ability that i dont want to use right now.

p. s. S. Typed this on my phone while working OT at work, so sorry for typos :)

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Eh, I like my TF box on the left...couldn't you just add another box to the left for FC?

Or actually, what I'd really like to see is more customization on the right boxes; I have them turned off usually because it's a matter of information overload to me, I don't want to see a string of boxes on the right that show every ability and its CD, which sits at 5 currently (Rip, Rake, SR, Mangle, and FC). Perhaps you can make them customizable? Like for example, I would love to be able to set it up so just FC and its CD along with Rip on the right hand side, not Mangle, Rake, and SR (which to me I don't care about, as the script auto-suggests when to refresh or use them again anyways). Being able to move the order they're in around would be a plus as well, though not necessary on the whole (though it would be nice it if could "kill off" dead unused boxes so there's no weird gaps inbetween them).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Ok - I just posted 1.2 of the script - which is significant simpler to configure.

I removed all of the bear options - and made the bear rotation focused on single target threat gen and no options to disable demo roar and thrash. I think this should be sufficient for bears to have a fairly optimal rotation while expecting them to adjust if they cannot do something like Thrash do to cced mobs.

I moved the FC code into the upper left hand box. It shows FC only when you can cast it - in range and off of cooldown. If you are in a "wait" state it shows the stampeding roar texture (which also shows the FC cooldown) and when it is time to run out it shows the dash texture. There are a set of conditions that bound when to show the dash texture and these can be improved upon. I also eliminated the dropdown box for how many seconds you need to run out and assumed 2. That was enough for FC to always be off of cooldown for me on the training dummy where 1 second was not enough. This just defines how soon to try to clip FC. For bosses where there is no run out time this code will never be executed as it will simply show FC when it is off of cooldown.

There are only two cooldown boxes on the right side now - one for Rip and one for TF. I removed Rake, SR and Mangle cat. For bear, the right side boxes show SI and FR which complement the Barkskin shown for bears in the upper left hand box.

I have been playing with it some on a training dummy and I like how the FC code is working - it makes it clear to me when it is on cooldown, when it is off cooldown but should not be cast, when I should run out and when I should cast FC.

I left the dash texture in the main rotation box to tell us we are not in melee range - I find that very useful.

I hope others will find this simplified script useful. Please text it out and give me feedback.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 am

I'm absolutely loving 1.2 so far, just tried it out on a dummy and going to be doing a bit of raiding in a bit, but man it's nice.

One quick thing, with the FC, is there any way to reintegrate it so that the main attack box will show it to use FC when you're at the appropriate range and time, as well as being reflected in the small left box? Gives it more of a visual cue instead of showing the dash icon while the left little box shows FC.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:21 am

shinryu wrote:I'm absolutely loving 1.2 so far, just tried it out on a dummy and going to be doing a bit of raiding in a bit, but man it's nice.

One quick thing, with the FC, is there any way to reintegrate it so that the main attack box will show it to use FC when you're at the appropriate range and time, as well as being reflected in the small left box? Gives it more of a visual cue instead of showing the dash icon while the left little box shows FC.

The problem with that is that even when FC is ready there are many times you do not want to cast it right away. That is why I took it out of the main rotation. You will get used to having it to the side soon enough. A move suggester can present an optimized rotation but it can't deal with complex situations without specific knowledge of the encounter.

Postby Tress » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:05 am

Works great and the minimized interface is very nice. Good job and thanks for all of your work on this script.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 am

Leafkiller wrote:
shinryu wrote:I'm absolutely loving 1.2 so far, just tried it out on a dummy and going to be doing a bit of raiding in a bit, but man it's nice.

The problem with that is that even when FC is ready there are many times you do not want to cast it right away. That is why I took it out of the main rotation. You will get used to having it to the side soon enough. A move suggester can present an optimized rotation but it can't deal with complex situations without specific knowledge of the encounter.

Good point, didn't think of that.

Anyways, works like a charm in raiding as well. Haven't noticed any issues.

Postby Димонтий » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:07 am

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !

add in the menu switching-off/on "Sherd" - Very much it is necessary on Al`akir

ty

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks Leaf,
Thursday evening i pulled 22088DPS on chimerian. #6 on WoL only 1.2KDPS behind #1. He got TotT and i didn't also didn't get DI. The new script is working great.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby syntax » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't raid until tomorrow night but I tried it out on a test dummy and it seems to work well. My only suggestion so far is to change the texture from stampeding roar to something that doesn't make you think you should run out. I did a quick search and Spell_nature_timestop seemed like a good choice.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Димонтий wrote:pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !

add in the menu switching-off/on "Sherd" - Very much it is necessary on Al`akir

ty

Since there is no encounter specific logic in the script, there is no way to know when you are in phase 3 of Al'akir and can only Mangle. I can add a switch to toggle all of the shreds to mangles - but you would have to toggle it midfight. Personally, I have always just applied a mental switch which is to substitute mangle for shred when I find myself in front of something during a fight.

For textures, I will take a look at what you linked Syntax. Those are easy to swap out - I just needed to put something in there to get it working. I want to do something similar for Berserk - to differentiate the icon from when it should be cast (taking into account energy level + TF cooldown) but I need to either find a good texture or a way to use the same icon but faded (which is what I was hoping to do for the feral charge icon).

Do people care about what is in the two cooldown boxes to the right? I can make drop downs for those so you could specify what spell to put in each box - including trinkets for those who are using those. With a none setting in the drop down list, I could replace the single option to disable the boxes with two options, one for each box.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:14 pm

I just tried the new version on a training dummy, and I love it so far. Let me see if I have got it right: Stampeding Roar texture when not in range of FC, Dash texture when it wants you to run out for FC and FC texture when in range and off cooldown? Does the Dash texture take into consideration the approximate time it takes to run out? Either way, by several occasions the Dash texture displayed first somewhat after FC was off cooldown. It might be due to something not being up, or maybe the Dash texture doesn't show if you are too high on energy.

Leafkiller wrote:Do people care about what is in the two cooldown boxes to the right? I can make drop downs for those so you could specify what spell to put in each box - including trinkets for those who are using those. With a none setting in the drop down list, I could replace the single option to disable the boxes with two options, one for each box.

I don't find myself looking too much on the two cooldown boxes to the right, especially not Rip, but that's probably because I'm using timers bars and look at those for bleeds instead. Also, I would definitely welcome dropdown boxes with abilities we specify ourselves in addition to on-use-trinkets.

By the way, the Dash texture on the FC box shows the remaining time until you should run out, am I right? At first, I thought it still displayed the cooldown of FC, so I suddenly found myself in range for FC with still a few second left of its cooldown. Though, I do like it as it is now (even though it's subject to misunderstandings) gives you more time to prepare than if you were to run out as soon as the texture pops up. Either way, I still need to wait a little for FC to come off cooldown when I get in range, though this might be different in an actual boss encounter.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Drezleith wrote:By the way, the Dash texture on the FC box shows the remaining time until you should run out, am I right? At first, I thought it still displayed the cooldown of FC, so I suddenly found myself in range for FC with still a few second left of its cooldown. Though, I do like it as it is now (even though it's subject to misunderstandings) gives you more time to prepare than if you were to run out as soon as the texture pops up. Either way, I still need to wait a little for FC to come off cooldown when I get in range, though this might be different in an actual boss encounter.

Are you running before the cooldown on the dash texture completes? You should only run out when there is no cooldown on that. It is assuming 2 seconds for run out time - if you are running out and having to wait, then I may have to either lower the value (clip later) or make it configurable. It tells you to dash out 2 seconds early (once there is no cooldown on it) in order to maximize the number of times we can use the FC. It is constrained by other conditions so sometimes you will not run out on cooldown (such as berserk or TF being up or energy too high).

I just changed the Berserk code to have a different texture until it is a good time to cast it (constrained by TF and also energy). I ended up using the white polar bear texture. I tried some others but I needed the icon to be different enough for the change to be quickly visible.

The downside of all these changes is explaining to people what the script is actually doing. The upside of course is that the script is more accurate for dpsing now.

I will post a new script after I add drop downs to the cooldown frames.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Are you running before the cooldown on the dash texture completes? You should only run out when there is no cooldown on that.

Initially I was, yes, since I thought it was the cooldown of FC, but then I noticed it is the time remaining for you to run out.

Leafkiller wrote:It is assuming 2 seconds for run out time - if you are running out and having to wait, then I may have to either lower the value (clip later) or make it configurable. It tells you to dash out 2 seconds early (once there is no cooldown on it) in order to maximize the number of times we can use the FC.

I guess either work. The circumstances may vary from encounter to encounter, since the bosses are sometimes moving.

Leafkiller wrote:The downside of all these changes is explaining to people what the script is actually doing. The upside of course is that the script is more accurate for dpsing now.

Maybe you can add an explanation in the original post in its own section? I do definitely agree that an explanation to the different things may be needed - I was quite confused myself at first when I used the script the first time.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Dunno how necessary it is to have Berserk that differentiated, I mean doesn't it already show up when to use it in the main box?

Drop down right boxes, eh, as long as I can keep it looking like how it currently is for 1.2 I'll be happy, I just love how nice and clean 1.2 is right now. Looks so nice and balanced.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:18 pm

I just posted 1.2.1.

Changed the Berserk rotation box to use the polar bear white texture when it should not be cast or is on cooldown (TF and energy are the constraints). Added drop downs to the 2 cooldown boxes on the right so you can select what spell or trinket slot to monitor. Default is none.

The reason to change the Berserk box is that on a lot of fights you do not want to Berserk on cooldown but want to wait for specific times (such as the head phase on Magmaw or the Monstrosity on Ascendant Council). Knowing that Berserk is on a 3 minute cooldown, and how long it takes your raid group to get through each phase, you need to micro-manage when you Berserk. Despite that, there are still constraints that apply to most burn phases in terms of optimizing how much value you get from your Berserk (it depends on the length of the burn phase). With this change, when you are managing Berserk yourself, the rotation box will flash the Berserk icon when it is an optimum time to cast it based on TF cooldowns and energy level. On really short burn phases you may choose to ignore this.

It is time to put some more verbiage into the first post on how to use this...but right now I have other things to attend to.

Please check out this version and provide some feedback.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS