Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Postby adianar » Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 am

Leaf, at least the full rotation without TF and Beserk will definitely be a nice addition. I also have to operate around the predictor on magmaw, et al fights until the head drops. Thanks for thinking ahead for the rest of us :)

Adi

Honored

Postby Grenache » Mon May 30, 2011 9:52 am

I use your script identically to Schmoodude. I.e turn beserk off and use the other boxes to show cooldowns for TF, Beserk, FC..

Postby Beanna » Tue May 31, 2011 9:29 am

The last version of the script tends to forget TF a lot. While the Berserk icon dissapears when you have to refresh more important spells like Rake or Rip, the filler box which shows Shred and Mangle icons doesn't show TF when it's up and it is pretty disturbing on fights where you have to save your Berserk for specific moments like Magmaw or Maloriak.
I switched back to the previous script because I find this new Berserk flood a bit annoying.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

The new logic is to not display TF if you have suggest Berserk enabled, both TF and Berserk are off of cooldown, and energy is below 36.

There is an assumption that you have TF macroed to your Berserk key so instead of telling you to do both, it simply tells you to hit the Berserk macro.

If you disable suggest Berserk, it will go back to telling you to TF under those conditions.

The code is very straightforward - it is not forgetting to tell you to TF, it is telling you to hit a macro that casts both.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Tue May 31, 2011 7:22 pm

What are you trying to say, man? That your code is smarter than me??

I think that's what he said. You guys hear that?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm

Mandragaran wrote:What are you trying to say, man? That your code is smarter than me??

I think that's what he said. You guys hear that?

To be honest I think Leaf's script is "smarter" than most of us.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Tue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

:D

Leaf is no dummy.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue May 31, 2011 11:13 pm

If the shoe fits...honestly though, I don't think my script will pass the Turing test. (bonus points if you understand the reference)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:14 am

Leafkiller wrote:If the shoe fits...honestly though, I don't think my script will pass the Turing test. (bonus points if you understand the reference)

Are you sure? Cause I totally would have asked it out if I wasn't already taken.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:34 am

I have a semi-random question...why isn't getting 3 mangles in right away to get SotP rolling like first out of curiosity? Just me thinking, it would be better to get that 3% bonus damage in right away, but currently it seems like the script does something akin to a mangle every other attack until sotp is up. Just kinda curious as to why, I'm assuming there's probably a lengthy mathematical reason I won't understand XD

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:03 am

shinryu wrote:I have a semi-random question...why isn't getting 3 mangles in right away to get SotP rolling like first out of curiosity? Just me thinking, it would be better to get that 3% bonus damage in right away, but currently it seems like the script does something akin to a mangle every other attack until sotp is up. Just kinda curious as to why, I'm assuming there's probably a lengthy mathematical reason I won't understand XD

Because having more uptime on Rake is worth more than having Rake fully buffed to 3% (plus the white attacks) but delayed slightly.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:21 am

The current rotation is based on empirical testing with the simulator. When it came time to add SoTP into the rotation I tried all sorts of schemes and used the one that produced the highest calculated dps. Sometimes this matched my predictions of what would happen and sometimes it did not.

To answer the question "why?" often requires a deep dive into the Mew output. For example, like many I had thought it would be a dps up to wait a small amount of time for TF before refreshing Rip. But that has never been the case (at least in the simulator). When you do a deep dive into the Mew output you can see that the actual whys are not as simple as comparing one skill to another. You might see small effects on several different skills.

It is also the case that the current rotation was set at a time bleeds were worth more. I just did a quick test using the most recent version of Mew (the 4.2 version), the sample 359 profile, and my 4.1 sim script (I have not added the tier 12 hooks into my rotation yet). I moved the code to build up the SoTP stack to three just after the Berserk code and before the "rip shred" code - basically before the code that applies the other "specials" such as Rip, Rake and SR. The dps output is almost identical to the existing rotation, 24277.55271 +/- 11.5546 vs. 24277.54579 +/- 11.55454. While one test with one profile is not definitive, it looks like the changes that made bleeds less compelling make it so it does not make much difference whether you load up on mangles first or get an early rake.

When they stop changing things for ferals in 4.2, I will update my sim script and do some testing on the rotation to re-optimize it. I will make sure to retest the SoTP code at that point - although I do plan to focus more on the tier 12 changes since those will quickly become more important to all of us.

Postby mineko » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 am

Taken from mmochampion front page post, new changes for 4.2:

It is no longer possible in some encounters to use Feral Charge when closer than its minimum range.

I'm guessing this means no more charging from melee range for easy free ravages on certain bosses =(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 am

Yep.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:07 am

What is the min range for Feral Charge anyways? I mean for some bosses, it seems drastically different than other bosses or even ordinary mobs, excluding the ones that allow charging in melee range obviously. Like for examples, the range to get out to FC on Atramedes (not always recommended, but still an example) is near ridiculous...does it correlate with like the boss's hit box as well? Because Atramedes definitely has a bigger one compared to some others it seems too, I can stand way out and still be able to smack him without much problem.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:41 am

well you have to remember the hit box of the boss differ it's 8yrds as the tool tip suggest; however, where that starts is different depending on the box of the boss

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Since my Ovale script is using the game to suggest when you can FC, it does answer the question of how far away you need to be.

Honored

Postby Yawning » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:09 am

Leafkiller wrote:If the shoe fits...honestly though, I don't think my script will pass the Turing test. (bonus points if you understand the reference)

Code: Select all
import java.util.Random;

public void onSimulationBegin(IStatus stat, String args) {
   Random foo = new Random();

CatModelSimState state = (CatModelSimState) stat;

if (args.length() > 0) {
      state.log("User: " + args + "\n");
   }

switch(foo.nextInt(3)) {
      case 0: state.log("Roboscript: What?\n"); break;
      case 1: state.log("Roboscript: I don't understand.\n"); break;
      case 2: state.log("Roboscript: Where's the tea?\n"); break;
   }
}

public IAction getAction(IStatus stat) {
   // Despite having a electronic brain, we suck at DPS.
   return null;
}

0.000: Script: User: Hello, how are you?
0.000: Script: Roboscript: Where's the tea?

Mission accomplished. Not sure if I'm going to expose the log(String) call in the final release though.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Mew: http://code.google.com/p/mew-wow-druid-model/

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 am

Leafkiller wrote:Since my Ovale script is using the game to suggest when you can FC, it does answer the question of how far away you need to be.

Honestly, I can't remember half the time which icon means run out and which means you're far enough or too close or all the other ones related to FC lol...

Honored

Postby Grenache » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 am

Same. I find those icons a little confusing.

I'd prefer to just see the Beserk symbol faintly, with a numeric counter showing how long before its up. Same for FC.

Postby altaemlaks » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:19 am

I am trying to use ovale for the first time as my feral dps sucks at moment and I need help - I have no idea how I am supposed to incorporate leafkiller script into program - can someone help explain - so far I havbe deleted existing script in game and tried to paste new script in - it dont work!
Help

Revered

Postby shinryu » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:28 am

altaemlaks wrote:I am trying to use ovale for the first time as my feral dps sucks at moment and I need help - I have no idea how I am supposed to incorporate leafkiller script into program - can someone help explain - so far I havbe deleted existing script in game and tried to paste new script in - it dont work!
Help

Really? All you need to do is ctrl+c and ctrl+v into where you're supposed to paste and it should work...you are copying the script on the very first post right? The other one listed in post 2 is the Mew script, which won't do anything with ovale, that's for people to play around and test things with.

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:17 am

shinryu wrote:
altaemlaks wrote:I am trying to use ovale for the first time as my feral dps sucks at moment and I need help - I have no idea how I am supposed to incorporate leafkiller script into program - can someone help explain - so far I havbe deleted existing script in game and tried to paste new script in - it dont work!
Help

Really? All you need to do is ctrl+c and ctrl+v into where you're supposed to paste and it should work...you are copying the script on the very first post right? The other one listed in post 2 is the Mew script, which won't do anything with ovale, that's for people to play around and test things with.

More info:
Go to TFD and copy leaf killers script
open wow
IN GAME - go into add-ons and click Ovale
There is a large box of text
Highlight and delete EVERYTHING in the box
click in the box and press control v to paste in LK's script
click the accept button
Done
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Postby altaemlaks » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks all have managed to download script with control v - so ovale working but my feral dps still sucks - gs 9162 and dps unbuffed 10.5k, well frustrating - reforged mastery as recommended in reforgenator - so still not quite got the winning combination

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:00 pm

altaemlaks wrote:Thanks all have managed to download script with control v - so ovale working but my feral dps still sucks - gs 9162 and dps unbuffed 10.5k, well frustrating - reforged mastery as recommended in reforgenator - so still not quite got the winning combination

Can't say this enough. Muscle memory, Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory,Muscle memory.
You have to spend time on the dummies. I am not talking about 5min either. Watch the script run. Learn why it is suggesting things at certain times and not others. If you had 0 latency, and .001 seconds reaction to the script you'd be perfect. But no one has 0 latency and no one is that fast. Thats why you must learn the script to know whats coming next. Also alot of people new to the script will see shred is next for example. Don't spam it until it is ready. And gearscoreshmeerscore, i have no idea what 9162 means.
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS