Register

Reforging - need some help.

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Reforging - need some help.

Postby Xube » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

I was warned in one of my earlier posts that AskMrRobot, wasn’t the best resource to be using because they are wrong a lot. I trust the community here at FD.net a lot more then any other resource. But i was wondering where do you guys get your reforging from.

- Do you just do it on your own?
- Do you use something similar to AskMrRobot? If so, then what?

What I would like is something good to tell me how and what to reforge (like mr.robot) doesn’t have to be perfect, but reliable enough. But also wouldn’t mind being perfect either; I just have always had trouble with reforging I never really know if i am doing it correctly.

Thanks in advanced!

Honored

Re: Reforging - need some help.

Postby Laurind » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 am

www.wowreforge.com
www.reforgemaster.com

or the addon ReforgeLite

You may have to change the stat priority, or put caps... but it's quite easy

Honored

Postby adianar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:49 am

I've also used askmrrobot with varied results. It happens when you are forced to pick a static build. You have to go in and actually change the stat weighting to get back to something "more reliable" or at least what I was expecting.

Use www.wowreforge.com . That has been the most help for me as you can actually target stat weights to have x=y > z, etc.. Much more flexibility here in my opinion.

Adi

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Use WoW-Reforge.com and the addon Reforgerade, these pair together in unimaginable ways.

ReforgeLite is complete crap, I tried it out when MMO-Champ previewed it on their main page a while back and even with the same exact stat weights I set up for the default Kitty setup in WoW-Reforge, it wouldn't get me exactly Hit/Exp caps with full Mastery. It doesn't have nearly the right amount of processing power or strength of the algorithm to perform properly.

Postby peki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:28 pm

can you import stuff from wowreforge into an addon somehow? that would be the fucking dream

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:38 pm

peki wrote:can you import stuff from wowreforge into an addon somehow? that would be the fucking dream

What part of my comment about WoW-Reforge and Reforgerade did not compute?

Postby peki » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:39 pm

the part where you hyphenated wowreforge.com....twice

Postby maxmaxima » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:19 am

Hi everyone,
Avid reader and new poster to this great forum. I'm struggling to understand how to set my stat values in wowreforge. Could anyone be so kind as to explain how please?
Thanks in advance

ps - apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere

Honored

Postby adianar » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:42 am

Max,
I'm no coder, but what I do which works fine is a combination of setting the priority values at the bottom left of the screen once you've imported your toon. I'm a hit/exp cap first, then haste build in particular, so I have priority set to those two = their respective caps, then I play with haste levels depending on secondary stats on gear at the moment to maximize. Furthermore, if you are wanting to go deeper in your coordination of points across more than a 3rd secondary stat you'll need to go into the weighting levels. I move the weight value of mastery = haste, which are both below hit and exp in values. THis will then further maximize your available secondary stats to hit/exp cap, THEN balance haste = mastery as close as possible, etc. You can also do this with all three, crit, haste and mastery if you make all three have the same value. Each time, hit optimize and review the results. Those weighting factors discussed are on the bottom middle section of the page. The very last column gives you the optimized values. I sometimes jigger with it as many as 10+ times to find the build i prefer.

Hope this word wall helps you.

Adi

PS Welcome to the forums. This is a good place with good people. Don't ever be concerned about asking a question once you've reviewed it hasn't been asked 12 times already. You will get substantive responses from many good folks here.

Return to Kitty DPS