Register

Swiping with 4P and zerk

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Swiping with 4P and zerk

Postby Gramatik » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:57 pm

I wanted to know if it was more beneficial to use swipe over shred on a fight with 2-3 targets in the initial cooldown burst of the fight, if you have 4p. We lose out on the incarnation buff to shred but we gain an extra gushing wound bleed or 2. Of course the 2-3 targets have full bleeds, thrash included.

Exalted

Re: Swiping with 4P and zerk

Postby aggixx » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 am

Gushing Wound will be on all the targets by default if you're multi-bleeding and thrashing all the mobs. Shred during Incarnation does more damage and generates more combo points until 4 targets.
ImageImage

Honored

Postby msrobinson » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:23 pm

aggixx wrote:Gushing Wound will be on all the targets by default if you're multi-bleeding and thrashing all the mobs. Shred during Incarnation does more damage and generates more combo points until 4 targets.

To piggy back off of this comment, aggixx, I have a question for you then.

Does this mean to say that on Flamebender 2nd wolves (when we pop our cds/pot), it is better to use swipe during berserk?

I had thought about it but I wasn't sure. The way I play it is dot up all targets with rake/thrash/rip, and then pop berserk (so that all bleeds hit 30% harder), and then basically just shred until reapplications of Rake are necessary.

If 4+ target swipe does more damage than shred, it is worth my time to be using swipe on the 4 wolves + flamebender instead?

Honored

Postby Itharius » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:03 pm

msrobinson wrote:If 4+ target swipe does more damage than shred, it is worth my time to be using swipe on the 4 wolves + flamebender instead?

This is what I do. Although less because I'm padding dps and more because shredding an individual wolf would cause it to die way earlier than the others and jeopardize the raid. The gushing wounds damage on the wolves is pretty pointless if you have decent aoe raid damage, since they die before receiving the full effect of gushing wounds.

Postby Naltalah » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:29 pm

If you really want to just maximize AOE-damage on the wolves, you dont even need to pop Incarnation on them, just berserk and pot and swipe them down.
This lowers the effectiveness of Incarnation when you use it on Flamebender afterwards, but meh.

Gushing Wounds is pretty much irrelevant for Kagraz, since the wolves die so horribly fast.

However, disregarding crits and multistrike chances, Swipe hits harder on 5 targets than a Shred does, even with Incarnation.

Swipes does 265% AP dmg, scaled up with SR it's 371%. Take that times 5 and you got 1855% damage for 22.5 energy whilst Berserk.
Shred only does 907.2% dmg after scaling, though it has doubled crit change. I think this wouldnt make up for 100% difference to Swipe.

Return to Kitty DPS