Register

Maddness heroic as feral dps

Face-rippin fun.

Maddness heroic as feral dps

Postby Blazzor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:27 pm

hey guys i just wanted some tip on reforging on this fight. atm i am going hit/exp>haste>mast>crit. i was wondering would it be better to go Mastery >haste due to swapping ? or should i stay haste for all the aoe ? here is my Armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/j ... r/advanced

Thanks in advance
Blazzor

Revered

Re: Maddness heroic as feral dps

Postby Stenhaldi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Definitely stack haste. It benefits the most from Nozdormu's haste buff (since it stacks multiplicatively), is the most effective stat for AoE (after hit and expertise), and is possibly the best stat for single-target damage on short-lived targets (bolt, parasite, and blistering tentacles - though crit may be better depending on your starting energy and whether TF is available). It's easy enough to avoid capping energy even with all the swapping.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 pm

I'll let you know once we down Heroic Spine, working on this evening and next week, should make great progress tonight, what I am going to do. I switched to Crit/Haste for Heroic Spine, but will probably go back to Mastery > 1200 Haste > Crit for Madness.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 pm

While haste is the best for long AOE I haven't seen anything to convince me that haste is any better then crit or mastery for short burst situations.

I have done several sims around what would be the best on tendon dps. Haste did come out ahead around 500 dps over mastery and less then 100 over crit. However, in a 20 second burst situation that is only 16k damage. That is a difference of 2 white hits. What it comes down to it it's still pretty much a wash which one you pick.

The problem with short burst AOE and haste is that you won't actually get an extra swipe in. With haste maxed out in almost BIS gear it will still take about around 15-18 seconds to get enough extra energy for 1 swipe. Sure in those 15-18 seconds you will get a few more white attacks in and they might proc OOC, but then again they might not. If you are under Berserk it becomes much better. However bursting blood using Berserk isn't likely an option for every platform.

If you are rockin haste and it's workin for you, stick with it. RNG and praticed execution will make the biggest dps swing for this fight, not secondary stats.

Return to Kitty DPS