Register

Feral Druid stat weights. Please Help!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Feral Druid stat weights. Please Help!

Postby klawsqt » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Hello I just recently came back to the game and I don't know what the current stat weights are. From what I understand it's
Hit(cap)-->Exp-->Haste-->Mastery-->Crit. Someone please confirm and if I'm wrong correct me!.

Exalted

Re: Feral Druid stat weights. Please Help!

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:57 pm

All our stats are pretty much equal. Getting Exp/Hit capped is fine, then just pick which stat you like most.

Postby Ptah » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 am

Take Hit(cap) = Exp > Mastery > Haste = Crit if you off tank a lot... Haste is the worst stat for bear...

Postby Grawr » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi, I'm also returning from a longggg break. When I left I was under the understanding that hit wasn't that important seeing as if we miss we get refunded (80%?) of our energy?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:53 pm

When our bleeds were really buff before the T11 nerf, hit/exp wasn't as importent. It was found that the dps loss from actually getting to the hit cap wasn't that big at all, and with the caps it tends to smooth out the rotation.

These days the difference between our secondary stats is still pretty close. If you perfer a haste setup (low mastery) you will want to get the hit/exp caps as you are relying more on your attacks landing, as opposed to bleeds that can't miss after they have been applied.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 am

As well, Swipe is back in fashion for AoE, so Hit/Expertise are too!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 pm

The major source of dps variation between players (outside of RNG and hitting the wrong keys) is execution of the rotation (or priority list if you prefer). If you use a tool such as Mew or Simulaton craft, you must keep in mind that the rotations have been highly optimized. This optimization in many cases has added complexity and also relies on some very tight timing windows. The simulators have the advantage that they are not dealing with variable lag conditions, nor do they ever make mistakes.

The advantage of getting hit/expertise capped (outside of Swipe which does not refund energy on misses) is it helps with the rotation. If you don't miss, you can focus on what to do next in the rotation. If you miss, then it is likely you will need to repeat an attack and that simply adds more complexity to an already over-complex rotation.

Back when Cata first came out, I measured the dps cost of capping hit/expertise at over 500dps (back when our dps was a lot lower than it is now). All the way back in March of last year, when 4.06 came out, the theoretical loss of dps due to hit/expertise capping was already down around 60-100dps. As long as you are not doing something silly like reforging above the hit/expertise caps, the dps difference between all the reforging schemes is small. Smaller than the impact of mishitting a key a few times during a fight. Smaller than letting a DoT drop off. And much smaller than doing something as simple as pre-potting.

The one notable exception is the burning tendons on Spine since they cannot dodge or parry and for those who are working on that fight on heroic mode, and need every iota of dps they can push out, it would be wise to reforge away from as much expertise as possible (which isn't much given the amount on our gear this tier).

Return to Kitty DPS