Register

*Updated* Official MoP Talent Calc

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

*Updated* Official MoP Talent Calc

Postby Viray » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:34 am

There has been an update, and I really don't know what to make of it. Here's the new version:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator

What i've found so far:

- bear mastery is changed, it increases armor now (dunno if it wasn't that way in the firs version of the calc though)
- feral charge has been nerfed, in every form. Bye bye to ravage in our toolbars, I guess...
- Claw got buffed! <facepalm>
- shred got nerfed
- faerie fire debuff lasts 30s
- ravage got nerfed some moar
- dream of cenarius can be nice for resto/balance I guess
- bash is usable in each form, but you need to pick it from a talent tree
- mass entaglement got its cd bumped from 50sec to 2 minutes...
- soul of the forest talent looks promising at the first glance, it'll grant a cat 2 energy points for each combo point spent on a finishing move; mangle generates 2 rage for bears
- ursol's vortex now allows you to pick a spot for the AoE Death Grip effect
- feral kitties still have both swipe & thrash
Last edited by Viray on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today - and it won't be you.

Re: Official MoP Talent Calc up on site

Postby mineko » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 am

Here's the talent layout I think I'm most comfortable with at the moment:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists- ... #UZ!210012

Here's why:
I chose Wild Charge because it has a 15 second cooldown, and I think the loss of 15% movement speed may be made up if I can spam it. The best part, in my opinion, is the extra functionality from travel form, which doesn't need a target, it's essentially a 20 yard blink on a 15 second cooldown. Plus I just can't imagine playing kitty without the ability to pounce on my enemies' backs.

The second tier of talents is a tough one, not because I like them all, but because I don't really like any of them. They don't seem like they're geared toward ferals. I ended up choosing the 30% self heal because I could always use a survival cooldown. Nature's Swiftness might come in handy too since you can use the heals in any form, but it just doesn't feel very feral-y to me. I'm on the fence about the second tier.

The third tier is another tough choice, but in this case I wish I could take them all. To be able to AOE root? And can you imagine a kitty using typhoon? It would be so awesome. But I chose the improved faerie fire because having a slow we can use any time for free seems very practical, even if it doesn't have the wow factor of a cat with typhoon.

Tier four has two potential dps boosts and another wow factor ability. As fun as being able to summon treants as a cat sounds, I'll have to wait to find out what they do before I decide to take it (it says the treants do different things based on your spec). Being able to do stealthy stuff outside of stealth sounds cool but seems like more of a pvp ability, and I dunno if I want to manage yet another dps cooldown. So I chose the extra energy, which is a passive dps boost I don't have to think about.

The fifth tier has two abilities that look like they're more for pvp, and an AOE deathgrip, which just sounds badass, so of course I chose it. I don't really do much pvping so it's an easy choice for me.

Lastly we have two choices that improve our hybridity, which I'm not quite so interested in at the moment. I play kitty to deeps, and I'm not so interested in heeps. So I chose the ability to shapeshift out of roots, which I've missed sorely ever since they took it away from us. As a bonus, we heal ourselves for 20% of our hp when we shift. Get low on hp? Powershift your hp back and you're gravy.

What do you guys think?

Exalted

Re: *Updated* Official MoP Talent Calc

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 pm

I split this topic off of the old thread so folks wouldn't be confused by the outdated info. Also wanted Viray to get credit for the nice summary.

I think the biggest change that the community is going to have to get used to is that there won't be a "Raiding spec". I fully believe that we are going to have a different spec for every encounter. The different spec may just be a single talent switch, but it's going to happen. The whole point of being able to change at will with out having to hearth and pay a trainer is to actually open up game play to expect to swap around every encounter.

In it's current state I feel that about half of the talents available to us are very lack luster. As a result there may end up being a few tiers were you don't have a choice because of the spec you picked. I am cautiously optimistic that as things get closer to Beta we will see more options open up per tier for each of the druid specs.

Because our class will be the most difficult to actually write talents for I expect that ours will take the longest to flesh out. So for now please be patient and let's try and stay positive. /Paws Crossed

Postby noctuary » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 pm

As far as updated specs go,
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists- ... #UZ!012010

Is this looking to be the most "DPS positive"? Couple questions: 1. What bleed is applied during a cat Thrash? 2. Will Heart of the Wild become less and less important as we get better gear in MoP due to the amount of hit on gear?

Hopefully we get some clarity soon in regards to this. I like the concept of these new talents but to me I don't see anything cat-wise that makes me go "WAU".

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I just hope they won't forget when too many abilities is way too many keybinds... Maybe some day they will realise we will need to buy 3rd hand from blizzard store to play ;)

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:45 pm

noctuary wrote:As far as updated specs go,
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists- ... #UZ!012010

Is this looking to be the most "DPS positive"? Couple questions: 1. What bleed is applied during a cat Thrash? 2. Will Heart of the Wild become less and less important as we get better gear in MoP due to the amount of hit on gear?

Hopefully we get some clarity soon in regards to this. I like the concept of these new talents but to me I don't see anything cat-wise that makes me go "WAU".

1. The Thrash bleed (already in game). Damage will be adjusted based on spec according to Spec/Form.
2. As the spell hitcap is 17% vs our 8% unless you are allowing yourself to go over the melee hit cap, it will always be required, and we will still have a 1% miss chance.

To say Heart of the Wild is still lack luster is an understandment. As it stands now I only see this talent being useful for Ferals if we need to either Hero Bear, or need to help tank an add for a short time. As our Mastery does nothing for spell casting, and the 16% spell hit I don't seen us casting wrath a lot. For healing, Arielle over at TheIncBear did the math and found we couldn't actually sustain casting heals for 45 seconds with our limited mana pool. While this talent provides some utility, it serves to make us either required for progression fights, which sucks, or just makes the talent worthless.

Postby Cuer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

More info about ferals:

Qustion: What are the developments for the Cat and Bear versions of Mangle/Swipe/Thrash/etc.?

Answer: Several abilities for Cats and Bears are slightly different depending on Cat or Bear Form. The abilities you’re seeing in the talent calculator are the base versions that show up in your spellbook. Here are some additional details about their different effects in each form:

Mangle: In Cat Form, has no cooldown, costs energy, and generates a combo point. In Bear Form, generates 5 rage, and has a 6 second cooldown, which can also be reset by a proc from Lacerate and now Thrash ticks.
Swipe: In Cat Form, has no cooldown, and costs energy. In Bear Form, has a 3 second cooldown, and is free.
Thrash: In Cat Form, has no cooldown, and costs energy. In Bear Form, has a 6 second cooldown, and costs 15 rage.
Skull Bash: Costs 15 energy or 10 rage, depending on form, and has a 15 second cooldown. The current talent calculator says that it has a 10 second cooldown, but that is a mistake. It is 15 seconds like most other interrupts are now.
Stampeding Roar: Costs 30 energy or 15 rage, depending on form.
Faerie Fire: Has a 6 second cooldown when used in Cat or Bear Form.

Postby Paramount » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Upon mousing over Savage Roar I couldn't help but notice that the tooltip states "Finishing move that increases physical damage done by 30%." Is this legit? Are we getting our glorious wrath level skill cap back?

I shall shed tears of joy if SR returns to it's former state. It has been hard to stomach an entire xpac of "User-Friendly-Feral."
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Paramount wrote:Upon mousing over Savage Roar I couldn't help but notice that the tooltip states "Finishing move that increases physical damage done by 30%." Is this legit? Are we getting our glorious wrath level skill cap back?

I shall shed tears of joy if SR returns to it's former state. It has been hard to stomach an entire xpac of "User-Friendly-Feral."

User friendly feral? If it goes live, it doesn't bring at all TBC style feral reallly. No changes ... except of SR > Rip in application terms as priority.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Sorcerer wrote:
Paramount wrote:Upon mousing over Savage Roar I couldn't help but notice that the tooltip states "Finishing move that increases physical damage done by 30%." Is this legit? Are we getting our glorious wrath level skill cap back?

User friendly feral? If it goes live, it doesn't bring at all TBC style feral reallly. No changes ... except of SR > Rip in application terms as priority.

I already apply SR before Rip...
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:15 pm

In the begining yes... later it depends. Sometimes you might have 4CP , 2sec left on SR and RIp just fall off.

Postby Paramount » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 am

Sorcerer wrote:

I didn't suggest TBC style Feral, I suggested a Wrath style. And sure if they leave the SR duration as long as it is now it will still remain extremely easy for the experienced kitty, but returning SR to a 30% increase for 100% of our damage does indeed raise the skill cap when compared to the current model, even if only slightly. Regardless any change which places skill at a premium is a change I'm in favor of.

Also, I absolutely would consider this xpac to be the most user friendly version of the spec that I can recall, and I absolutely dislike that fact. I say bring back old school mangle-botting! I say bring back FFF potentially proccing OoC! MotW too! Lower SR down to 23 seconds! Bring back dot clipping! Prior to 4.0 Feral used to be much more intricate for both execution and gearing. I want it back.
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Terias » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:25 pm

It really wasn't that much harder.

Honestly SR is a horrible change for pvp as well.

Postby Paramount » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 am

I already conceded that it would be a very slight increase. The only thing that matters is that it's a step in the right direction. I crave to be as engrossed with actually playing my druid during an encounter as I once was. To at least have the option of staying busy and actively working to increase my chances of producing maximum damage.

Is it that far fetched to dream of a future in which my spec feels challenging again? Where there are high risk/high reward choices to be made during fights and I can push hard to personally impact my luck? Or is it just far fetched to hope that one tiny change in the right direction could somehow snowball into the perfect kitty model?
Bazinga

Honored

Postby Terias » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:59 am

Dunno, I honestly don't care whether they bring back a "difficult" rotation or not. I appreciate the opportunity to pay attention to something other debuffs once in a while, and on top of that I didn't really think it was hard at all - the old rotation and gearing, none of that was really that difficult.

Return to Kitty DPS