Register

In BitW, Rip with TF, Bite or Shred?

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

In BitW, Rip with TF, Bite or Shred?

Postby scorpio0920 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:53 pm

In BitW, Rip with TF on the target, 5CP, bite or continue to shred (without TF)?

Sorry for my poor English.

Condition:
In BitW (Health<60%)
Rip with TF on the target (Rip duration > 16s)
5CP
TF still CD

bite or continue to shred?

My approach is to continue to shred before the rip duration near the end.

Exalted

Re: In BitW, Rip with TF, Bite or Shred?

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 pm

It looks like there is an opportunity to gain a small amount of dps is you hold off on a FB for a TFed Rip that has 9 or more seconds left, at least on my toon. Here is what I tested:

if (cps == 5 && isRipUp) return Action.BITE; compared to if (cps == 5 && isRipUp && !(status.isRipTFed() && ripRemaining >= 9)) return Action.BITE;

The former which is what is in the current Mew script gives about 43886 dps on my toon (ilvl 396) with full 25 man raid buffs, pre-potting and the default script (which uses Heroism at the start of the fight).
The later which is what you are suggesting gives about 43931 dps.

So the gain is about 45 dps (the error is about 17dps so it could be as much as 79 dps or as little as 11 dps) or just over 0.1% in exchange for paying attention to when Rip have been TFed for the last 60% of the fight and using Shred instead if Rip has 9+ seconds left on it.

Personally, I would not bother with this as I have too many other things I have to pay attention to, and this is a trivial gain, but technically it is a gain and you are already doing it.

* the test above was with no encounter randomization - so 5 minute fights. I retested with 10% encounter randomization and the gain was about 40 dps, and with 20% randomization in encounter duration the difference is less than 1 dps (again, all on my toon doing a patchwerk style fight).

Honored

Re: In BitW, Rip with TF, Bite or Shred?

Postby scorpio0920 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 am

Thank you for your reply.
:D

Return to Kitty DPS