Register

Looking for MoP info

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Looking for MoP info

Postby Laurind » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Is there some place to look the state of Feral right now?

Anyone has an idea if we are hit/exp capping, then going for crit? (as fasr as I know, mastery is still a little underperforming)
Agi is still much better than secondary stats, right?

This is what I understand is now (please tell me if wrong), not backed up with calculations (don't know how)
Rotation:
Keep Savage Roar
Keep Rake
Keep 5 CP Rip
fill with shred
(well, not sure about SR>Rip, but try to keep both as much as possible)

For talents,
The treant one
HotW for the static Agi.
Feral charge or Runspeed?

Exalted

Re: Looking for MoP info

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 pm

The reason we didn't need to reach hit/exp caps at the start of Cata was because bleeds made up about 60% of our dps (also why mastery was so good). This changed when the bleed nerfs hit and more damage was moved into white attacks (SR change) and yellow attacks were buffed.

Right now its too soon to tell. As it is we are only a week or so into seeing level 90 and we have not even seen the first damage pass yet. While this must be taken with a grain of salt GC did state during the Class Discussion thread:
"We’re currently modeling Mastery as roughly equal in value to Crit and Haste for Ferals, typically a couple % better. If you can provide any more detailed analysis, we’d be interested in seeing it." Now that is what they expect, but we all know that may not be the case when things ship.

With the subtraction of so many of our ablities (Stampeed, Berserk Glyph, Mangle buff, run speed) with nothing really new mechanic wise I am still holding out hope that we are about to get some love before to much longer. This hope is pretty much based on the recent Resto and Moonkin changes that were announced during the thread.

Rotation wise right now its SR > everthing else (just like WotLK days). Till we see the crit/haste ratings change promised we will just have to wait and see.

For now (again way to early to know for sure) Trees, and Wild Charge. For the 6th tier it looks like we really might have a decent choice. The HotW for most fights, but Natures Vigil for any mechanics that require specific burn phases (Hagara, Zon'ozz, Spine etc).

Return to Kitty DPS