Register

How are Ferals looking?

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

How are Ferals looking?

Postby Rarge » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 pm

What state are Ferals currently in on Beta? I stopped raiding a while back and hence stopped following WoW patches.

What I'd most like to know is have they fixed the distinct problems that we had and improved our QoL?

Some of the problems I am talking about and the ones that irritated me the most:

- Shred from the front... or at least bosses with ~360 degree backs.
I highly doubt they have changed this but I can only hope?

- The Glyph of Shred bug that has existed the entirety of Cata that caused Rip to show 2 seconds remaining yet still fall off.
Does this glyph even exist anymore?

- Our interrupt costing an arm and a leg to use.
Have they at least lowered the cost?

- Our inability to switch targets easily.
I saw Symbiosis gives us Redirect or Soul Swap but what if we don't have a Rogue or Warlock in our raid?

- Our lack of sustained AoE damage once our energy was depleted
However I did like being rewarded for planning ahead by pooling my energy etc.

Have we been given any love? I hope so or I'll (reluctantly) probably end up switching class.

Exalted

Re: How are Ferals looking?

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:33 pm

- Shred from the front... or at least bosses with ~360 degree backs.
I highly doubt they have changed this but I can only hope?

Not a chance. The last we heard about it was in November which was "Shred offered class defining flavor". To bad the flavor is lutifisk.

- The Glyph of Shred bug that has existed the entirety of Cata that caused Rip to show 2 seconds remaining yet still fall off.
Does this glyph even exist anymore?

Well the glyph doesn't exist anymore, it's built into Shred, Ravage, and Mangle...and the bug is still there.

- Our interrupt costing an arm and a leg to use.
Have they at least lowered the cost?

It's down to 15 energy...which is now the same for Rogues. The PVP gloves still carry the cost reduction.

- Our inability to switch targets easily.
I saw Symbiosis gives us Redirect or Soul Swap but what if we don't have a Rogue or Warlock in our raid?

How do I put this delicately...."You fucked son!". Target swapping is worse then it has ever been. They removed the free Ravage from Feral Charge. There is a copy for PVP 4p, but PVE is straight fucked. It's still worse then Wrath because our crit levels are so low. The only bright side is both abilites are off the GCD and do not cause a GCD and they are free. However you will likely be required to put Symbiosis on a Tank, or DPS Warrior.

- Our lack of sustained AoE damage once our energy was depleted
However I did like being rewarded for planning ahead by pooling my energy etc.

Believe it or not they felt that having a ramp up time for our AOE was just as good as the normal rotation. You have to spend 75 energy before your first Swipe (Savage Roar 25, and Thrash 50). Because Berserk is only 15 seconds now, and energy regen is so low we are Very slow to do AOE. If the targets are going to die within 7 seconds, it's not worth the energy. The bright side now though is if Swipe hits 3 or more targets you get a combo point. Bad news is for swipe you must have a target again.

Have we been given any love? I hope so or I'll (reluctantly) probably end up switching class.

We have recieved 1 single reply to a question about Incarnation which said, "Working as intended". Symbiosis is our only new ability (being able to use Thrash now doesn't count), and they removed more things then they put back. The only nifty thing really is DoC which gives a Risk/Reward randomness to the rotation. It's mostly for hardcore Min/Max nuts so it's not exactly widely embraced (also really bugged).

Despite all of that, for single target, or slow target swape fights I don't think we will be to bad. Not amazing, but not bottom either. For AOE, or heavy target swapping we are in the cellar of the cellar.

Postby Winterstar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Any word on SotF giving back energy on Rip, yet?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:02 am

I verified tonight that the bug is still there. Every other Rip does not refund energy. Link to the bug:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6308622479

Honored

Postby Rarge » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:44 am

Oh wow so we actually get a new bug for Rip? They didn't remove any but added another. Maybe they should make cat form bug form?

Aww man, I had done a bit of research and I was trying to be optimistic about cats but after your post I guess I was silly to be optimistic. Sounds like we've been largely ignored and I'm probably going to end up switching character :C

Return to Kitty DPS