Register

Simulationcraft - Feral rotation discussion and script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Simulationcraft - Feral rotation discussion and script

Postby averter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 am

Spoiler: show
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&dot.rip.ticking&!(dot.rip.remains-2<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!(buff.savage_roar.remains-3<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!((buff.savage_roar.remains-6<=energy.time_to_max-1)&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains))

actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&!(dot.rip.remains-2<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!(buff.savage_roar.remains-3<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!((buff.savage_roar.remains-6<=energy.time_to_max-1)&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains))
There are some rare cases when even with energy.time_to_max-1 condition still maxes out energy with Omen of Clarity proc being up at the same time. Think there should be OoC condition somewhere in it or just before. I might be wrong, just have a gut feeling, or it may be dps neutral.

actions.doc+=/rake,if=action.rake.tick_damage>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage&action.rake.tick_damage>=dot.rake.tick_dmg
Just WoW... nice work! Under what condition do actually Rake dmg overcome Mangle/Shred? Only with RoR proc or even without it? Would be nice to see how many times this line is executed. Don't really know how to use latest SimC from source, so can't try it out.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 am

Just WoW... nice work! Under what condition do actually Rake dmg overcome Mangle/Shred? Only with RoR proc or even without it? Would be nice to see how many times this line is executed. Don't really know how to use latest SimC from source, so can't try it out.

SimC will generate a report for which lines have been executed how many times under 'Action Priority List'.

Postby stormchen » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:15 am

I wonder how the damage of Mangle will be calculated.

I tried it with:
525% Weapon dmg + 410 (tooltip)

and

500% Weapon dmg + 2 (wowhead)

500% Weapon dmg + 78 (icy-veins)

but all of them seem to be a way off.

How do you calculate it within simc?

I also cannot reproduce the calculations for rip. Any help would be really appreciated!

Rake should be this if i'm not wrong:
(99 + (AttackPower*0.3)) * DamageMultiplier * (1 + mastery/100)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 am

Damage formulas can be pretty complicated and most sources you look at will be missing the order of operations to get the appropriate results. "Weapon damage" on an ability refers to the weapon damage in the stats panel, not the damage of the weapon (which is equal to damage of weapon {in ferals case, normalized to 1 second swing speed} + 1/14ap).

Shred is 500% weapon damage + 77.33 (for wowhead you have to drag the slider to level 90, even if it's at 90 by default, for it to show the right number).

Rake formula you provided is correct I believe. Also keep in mind you have to factor in target armor for non bleed damage.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 pm

aggixx wrote:SimC now has the following new/updated expressions:

action.ferocious_bite.crit_pct_current - Current crit chance (as an integer) of action ferocious_bite.
action.rake.tick_damage - Damage of a single tick of rake if you applied it right now.
dot.rake.tick_dmg - Non-critical damage of the most recent tick of the rake on the target. Formerly didn't factor out critical damage so it was pretty much useless.

This is interesting. I have been working over the last few weeks on being able to save more of the player's state when a ticking DoT is applied to a target by the player, and one of those pieces of information is the crit chance at the time of application. However, I wasn't planning on exposing "crit_pct" to the script; instead, I was planning on adding a new condition called AvgDamage() that computes the damage of the given spell and scales it appropriately by the crit chance and mastery value to estimate the true damage potential of a spell. In the case of a DoT, it would be the average damage of each tick. This approach would allow for deciding to overwrite Rake or Rip if your crit chance shoots way up for some reason and it would make your average tick hit harder.

This stuff was all actually for helping to write warlock scripts where the decisions to overwrite DoTs come up a lot more than with ferals. For ferals, with the above approach you might be able towrite a script that was agnostic about your reforges that you could use whether you decided to forge for either crit or mastery (I guess it could happen if you played around with RoR).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 am

That's the plan =)

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Gear fix for simcraft.

Weapon does not exist.

It is either Horridon's or Lei-Shen's. Probably doesnt matter but some people might be looking for that holy grail weapon droping somewhere ;)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Are you being sarcastic or serious? First I've heard of the weapon not existing.

And gear choice with rune is pretty irrelevant, it's mostly just around getting as much agility as you can while balancing your hit/exp. So you could easily swap in a different weapon it would just mean you would have to put up with the large chunk of Hit or Expertise, which would probably mean picking a couple different pieces and obviously different reforges.

Next best is probably the weapon from Horridon because using Lei Shen's weapon would probably disallow you from being able to use Renataki's effectively.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 am

This weapon is exist.

http://tinyurl.com/coa27l3

Exalted

Postby Stenhaldi » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 am

The weapon appears to be a rare drop from any boss. There are a number of such weapons in this tier. I think it's safe to say that the neck doesn't have a heroic version though, since it's a trash drop.

Also, the Lei Shen weapon is usable with Renataki's Soul charm. Just means only one other piece can have expertise, so you're locked into chest or glove offpiece (instead of helm) and have to use Iron Qon boots (instead of Ra-den). The Horridon weapon comes out better, but not by a lot (something like 150 dps). It locks you into helm offpiece (or shoulder, I guess) and the Jin'rokh ring (instead of Ra-den).

Edit: this is the list I put together for my own use
Best pieces in any scenario
Neck: Megaera (Quadra-Head Brooch)
Shoulder: set (Spaulders of the Haunted Forest)
Back: Ji-kun (Pinionfeather Greatcloak) until legendary
Wrist: Twin Consorts (Bracers of the Midnight Comet with crit or haste or mastery) or Horridon (Bindings of Multiplicative Strikes)
Hands: set (Grips of the Haunted Forest)
Waist: Ra-den (Strap of Murderous Strikes)
Legs: set (Legguards of the Haunted Forest)
Finger: Dark Animus (Gore-Soaked Gear)
Trinket: Jin'rokh (Renataki's Soul Charm)
Trinket: Lei Shen (Rune of Re-Origination)

Best remaining pieces with random-drop weapon and thunderforged helm and boots (optimal)
Helm: Jin'rokh (Lightning-Eye Hood)
Chest: set (Raiment of the Haunted Forest)
Feet: Iron Qon (Spurs of the Storm Cavalry)
Finger: Ra-den (Ra-den's Swift Seal)
Weapon: random (Darkwood Spiritstaff)
[hit: 2293, exp: 2340]

Best remaining pieces with random-drop weapon without thunderforged helm and boots (-250 dps)
Helm: set (Headpiece of the Haunted Forest)
Chest: Ra-den (Chestguard of Coruscating Blades)
Feet: Ra-den (Twist-Toe Tabi)
Finger: Jin'rokh (Sign of the Bloodied God)
Weapon: random (Darkwood Spiritstaff)
[hit: 2341, exp: 2208]

Best remaining pieces with Horridon weapon (-650 dps)
Helm: Jin'rokh (Lightning-Eye Hood)
Chest: set (Raiment of the Haunted Forest)
Finger: Jin'rokh (Sign of the Bloodied God)
Weapon: Horridon (Jalak's Maelstrom Staff)
[hit: 2626, exp: 2340]

Best remaining pieces with Lei Shen weapon (-800 dps)
Helm: set (Headpiece of the Haunted Forest)
Chest: Ra-den (Chestguard of Coruscating Blades)
Finger: Jin'rokh (Sign of the Bloodied God) or Ra-den (Ra-den's Swift Seal with red gem)
Weapon: Lei Shen (Shan-Dun, Breaker of Hope)
[hit: 2181 or 2605, exp: 2432]

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm aware the Terra-Cotta neck is not normally available on heroic, but it is acquirable from the BMAH I believe. Like you said Quadra-Head brooch is the next best thing in every ideal scenario.

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 am

Hello theory crafters i've two questions i've groubled over the weekend...

1. How long is it actually worth waiting on 5cp with no Rip up waiting for NS and or TF to apply the Rip with and SR is in a good measure (like 17sec + or so)

2. Rake has a 15 sec duration and ticks ever 3rd sec with 1 tick on the application and a total of 5 ticks If i'm not mistaken with me memory?, when cliping Rake for a stronger Rake is it worth to wait for a tick e.i a situation where i just applied Rake with no buffs and i get a trinket proc should i wait 1 sec or 1.5 sec for another tick then apply a new Rake "in this sutuation i do also expect not being energy caped during the wait time"

3. I'm a enginner and i've Synapse Springs macroed to Tiger's Fury but considering the wait time in the roatation sometimes my uptime on Synapse Springs can sometimes even be 5-7% lower then expected... Is it worth to line it up together with TF or should it be used "off CD" ... Or is it me waiting to long to pop TF sometimes?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed May 08, 2013 12:33 pm

1. If I understand the question correctly, no more than a couple seconds.

2. No.

3. If you're using TF on cooldown this shouldn't be an issue. If you're saving your TF cooldown for a specific point in the fight it also shouldn't be an issue because you would want to save your springs as well. The only time you would ever want to not use springs with TF is if you're in a situation where you're holding your berserk and you need to offset your springs by one TF to get it to resync with berserk.

Postby stormchen » Sun May 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey aggixx,
I am wondering if you developed the action list any further?
I really like the work you do and check this page everyday to see
if you could improve the simc craft profile.
I also wonder if you looked at the 4xT15 bonus. Does it change anything
@ our priority list?

Would be cool if you could share the current simc script if there is a newer one.

Thanks in advance.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue May 21, 2013 5:00 pm

No major changes since the last one I posted I think. There are some differences but I think they're mainly just simplifying things a little, not so much DPS gains.

I have tried a couple things with the 4pT15 bonus but haven't got anything meaningful out of it (like switching to shred when the buff is up or tweaking TF/FB usage to line them up with each other a little better). In the end it seems unlikely anything is worth changing since the only noticeable microing you can do is getting the buff onto your FBs, and FB's damage still pales in comparison to the importance of our other finishers.

Here's the current profile I have:
Code: Select all
#!./simc

druid="Druid_Feral_T15H"
level=90
race=troll
spec=feral
role=attack
position=back
professions=engineering=600/inscription=600
talents=010102
glyphs=savagery

$(rip_remains)=(dot.rip.remains+(8-(dot.rip.ticks_added*2)))
$(rip_ratio)=action.rip.tick_damage%dot.rip.tick_dmg
$(rake_ratio)=action.rake.tick_damage%dot.rake.tick_dmg
$(time_til_bitw)=(target.time_to_die*(target.health.pct-25)%target.health.pct)

actions.precombat=flask,type=spring_blossoms
actions.precombat+=/food,type=sea_mist_rice_noodles
actions.precombat+=/mark_of_the_wild,if=!aura.str_agi_int.up
actions.precombat+=/healing_touch,if=!buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions.precombat+=/cat_form
actions.precombat+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled
actions.precombat+=/savage_roar
actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
actions.precombat+=/virmens_bite_potion

actions=/swap_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=5
actions+=/swap_action_list,name=doc,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled
actions+=/swap_action_list,name=nondoc,if=!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled

actions.doc=auto_attack
actions.doc+=/swap_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=5
actions.doc+=/skull_bash_cat
actions.doc+=/berserking
actions.doc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains<=1.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down
actions.doc+=/faerie_fire,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3
actions.doc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.up&combo_points>=4&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions.doc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_swiftness.up
actions.doc+=/incarnation,if=enabled&energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0&cooldown.berserk.remains=0
actions.doc+=/use_item,name=grips_of_the_haunted_forest,sync=tigers_fury
actions.doc+=/tigers_fury,if=(energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react)|buff.king_of_the_jungle.up
actions.doc+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<18&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=3&target.health.pct<=25
actions.doc+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&combo_points>=5)|(target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3)
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&target.health.pct<25
actions.doc+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=(combo_points>=5&$(time_til_bitw)<15&buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up)|target.time_to_die<=40
actions.doc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&$(rip_ratio)>=0.92&target.time_to_die>30
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&$(rip_ratio)>=1.15&target.time_to_die>30
actions.doc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&target.health.pct<=25
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<6.0&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&$(rip_ratio)>=1
actions.doc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&combo_points>=5&dot.rip.remains<3&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)&target.health.pct>25
actions.doc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&buff.savage_roar.remains+2>dot.rip.remains
actions.doc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains)&dot.rip.ticking
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&dot.rip.ticking&!(dot.rip.remains-2<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!(buff.savage_roar.remains-3<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!((buff.savage_roar.remains-6<=energy.time_to_max-1)&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains))
actions.doc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&!(dot.rip.remains-2<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!(buff.savage_roar.remains-3<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!((buff.savage_roar.remains-6<=energy.time_to_max-1)&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains))
actions.doc+=/rake,if=action.rake.tick_damage>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage&action.rake.tick_damage>=dot.rake.tick_dmg
actions.doc+=/rake,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&dot.rake.remains<9&(buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<=1.5)
actions.doc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<6&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.up&$(rake_ratio)>=1
actions.doc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&$(rake_ratio)>1.12
actions.doc+=/rake,if=target.time_to_die-dot.rake.remains>3&dot.rake.remains<3
actions.doc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,for_next=1
actions.doc+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&($(rip_remains)>=4|buff.berserk.up)&dot.rip.ticking
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.remains>1
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up)
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3.0
actions.doc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
actions.doc+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled

actions.nondoc=auto_attack
#actions.nondoc+=/swap_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=5
actions.nondoc+=/skull_bash_cat
actions.nondoc+=/berserking
#actions.nondoc+=/use_item,name=darkwood_spiritstaff,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up
#actions.nondoc+=/use_item,name=grips_of_the_haunted_forest,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up
#actions.nondoc+=/heart_of_the_wild,if=enabled&time<10
#actions.nondoc+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=buff.heart_of_the_wild.up|target.time_to_die<=40
#actions.nondoc+=/wrath,if=cast_time<buff.heart_of_the_wild.remains
#actions.nondoc+=/cat_form,if=buff.cat_form.down
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down
actions.nondoc+=/faerie_fire,cycle_targets=1,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3
actions.nondoc+=/incarnation,if=enabled&energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0&cooldown.berserk.remains=0
actions.nondoc+=/use_item,name=grips_of_the_haunted_forest,sync=tigers_fury
actions.nondoc+=/tigers_fury,if=(energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react)|buff.king_of_the_jungle.up
actions.nondoc+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<18&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6)
actions.nondoc+=/natures_vigil,if=enabled&(buff.tigers_fury.up|(target.time_to_die<35&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains>6))
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>=5
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2&target.health.pct<=25
actions.nondoc+=/thrash_cat,if=target.time_to_die>=6&buff.omen_of_clarity.react&dot.thrash_cat.remains<3
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&combo_points>=5)|(target.time_to_die<=1&combo_points>=3)
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&target.health.pct<25
actions.nondoc+=/virmens_bite_potion,if=(combo_points>=5&$(time_til_bitw)<15&buff.rune_of_reorigination.up)|target.time_to_die<=40
actions.nondoc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&$(rip_ratio)>=1.15&target.time_to_die>30
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25
actions.nondoc+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5&target.time_to_die>=6&dot.rip.remains<2.0&(buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1.9<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains)
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=3&combo_points>0&buff.savage_roar.remains+2>$(rip_remains)
actions.nondoc+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=6&combo_points>=5&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains)
actions.nondoc+=/ferocious_bite,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&!(dot.rip.remains-2<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!(buff.savage_roar.remains-3<=energy.time_to_max-1)&!((buff.savage_roar.remains-6<=energy.time_to_max-1)&buff.savage_roar.remains+2<=$(rip_remains))
actions.nondoc+=/rake,if=(tick_damage-tick_dmg)*5+tick_damage>action.mangle_cat.hit_damage|dot.rake.remains<3
actions.nondoc+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,for_next=1
actions.nondoc+=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&($(rip_remains)>=4|buff.berserk.up)
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=((combo_points<5&dot.rip.remains<3.0)|(combo_points=0&buff.savage_roar.remains<2))
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=target.time_to_die<=8.5
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up|buff.natures_vigil.up)
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<=3.0
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=energy.time_to_max<=1.0
actions.nondoc+=/run_action_list,name=filler,if=talent.soul_of_the_forest.enabled&combo_points<5
actions.nondoc+=/treants,if=talent.force_of_nature.enabled
actions.nondoc+=/natures_swiftness,if=enabled&buff.natures_vigil.up&!buff.predatory_swiftness.up
actions.nondoc+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_vigil.up&(buff.predatory_swiftness.up|buff.natures_swiftness.up)&!buff.berserk.up

actions.filler=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=6&combo_points>=5
actions.filler+=/ravage
actions.filler+=/shred,if=(buff.omen_of_clarity.react|buff.berserk.up|energy.regen>=15)&buff.king_of_the_jungle.down
actions.filler+=/mangle_cat,if=buff.king_of_the_jungle.down

actions.aoe+=/swap_action_list,name=doc,if=talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&active_enemies<5
actions.aoe+=/swap_action_list,name=nondoc,if=!talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled&active_enemies<5
actions.aoe+=/auto_attack
actions.aoe+=/healing_touch,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.up&buff.predatory_swiftness.remains<=1.5&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions.aoe+=/healing_touch,if=buff.natures_swiftness.up
actions.aoe+=/faerie_fire,cycle_targets=1,if=debuff.weakened_armor.stack<3
actions.aoe+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.down|(buff.savage_roar.remains<3&combo_points>0)
actions.aoe+=/use_item,name=grips_of_the_haunted_forest,sync=tigers_fury
actions.aoe+=/tigers_fury,if=energy<=35&!buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions.aoe+=/berserk,if=buff.tigers_fury.up
actions.aoe+=/healing_touch,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<3&buff.predatory_swiftness.up
actions.aoe+=/natures_swiftness,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.remains<3&buff.predatory_swiftness.down&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down
actions.aoe+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,for_next=1
actions.aoe+=/thrash_cat,if=buff.rune_of_reorigination.up&(dot.thrash_cat.multiplier<=tick_multiplier|buff.predatory_swiftness.up|cooldown.natures_swiftness.remains=0)
actions.aoe+=/healing_touch,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.up&(dot.thrash_cat.remains<5|(buff.tigers_fury.remains>1&dot.thrash_cat.remains<9&energy>=40))
actions.aoe+=/natures_swiftness,if=buff.predatory_swiftness.down&buff.dream_of_cenarius_damage.down&(dot.thrash_cat.remains<5|(buff.tigers_fury.remains>1&dot.thrash_cat.remains<9&energy>=40))
actions.aoe+=/thrash_cat,if=buff.tigers_fury.up&dot.thrash_cat.remains<9
actions.aoe+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,for_next=1
actions.aoe+=/thrash_cat,if=dot.thrash_cat.remains<3
actions.aoe+=/savage_roar,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<9&combo_points>=5
#actions.aoe+=/rip,if=combo_points>=5
actions.aoe+=/rake,cycle_targets=1,if=(active_enemies<8|buff.rune_of_reorigination.up)&dot.rake.remains<3&target.time_to_die>=15
actions.aoe+=/swipe_cat,if=buff.savage_roar.remains<=5
actions.aoe+=/swipe_cat,if=(buff.tigers_fury.up|buff.berserk.up)
actions.aoe+=/swipe_cat,if=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains<3
actions.aoe+=/swipe_cat,if=buff.omen_of_clarity.react
actions.aoe+=/swipe_cat,if=energy.time_to_max<=1

head=headpiece_of_the_haunted_forest,id=96581,gems=capacitive_primal_80agi_160mastery_180agi,reforge=hit_mastery
neck=necklace_of_the_terracotta_archer,id=96702,gems=160agi_60exp,reforge=haste_mastery
shoulders=spaulders_of_the_haunted_forest,id=96583,gems=160agi_80agi_160mastery_120mastery,enchant=520agi_100crit,reforge=hit_exp
back=grey_wind_mistcloak,id=95015,gems=80agi_160mastery_60haste,enchant=180crit,reforge=haste_mastery
chest=chestguard_of_coruscating_blades,id=95033,gems=160agi_160agi_160agi_180agi,enchant=80all,reforge=crit_mastery
wrists=bracers_of_the_midnight_comet,id=96540,suffix=-339,gems=80agi_160mastery_60agi,enchant=180agi,reforge=mastery_haste
hands=grips_of_the_haunted_forest,id=96580,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=exp_haste
waist=strap_of_murderous_strikes,id=94998,gems=80agi_160hit_80agi_160hit_160agi_120agi,reforge=mastery_haste
legs=legguards_of_the_haunted_forest,id=96582,gems=80agi_160mastery_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit,reforge=mastery_crit
feet=twisttoe_tabi,id=95007,gems=80agi_160mastery_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=140agi,reforge=exp_mastery
finger1=radens_swift_seal,id=95021,gems=80agi_160hit_60agi,reforge=haste_exp
finger2=goresoaked_gear,id=96513,gems=80agi_160mastery_60crit,reforge=haste_mastery
trinket1=rune_of_reorigination,id=96546
trinket2=renatakis_soul_charm,id=96369,reforge=exp_mastery
main_hand=darkwood_spiritstaff,id=96606,gems=80agi_160mastery_160agi_60agi,enchant=dancing_steel,reforge=crit_haste

# Gear Summary
# gear_strength=80
# gear_agility=21966
# gear_stamina=26225
# gear_intellect=80
# gear_spirit=80
# gear_expertise_rating=2471
# gear_hit_rating=1648
# gear_crit_rating=7480
# gear_haste_rating=3483
# gear_mastery_rating=9402
# gear_armor=20184
# meta_gem=agile_primal
# tier15_2pc_melee=1
# tier15_4pc_melee=1
# trinket1=rune_of_reorigination,heroic=1
# main_hand=darkwood_spiritstaff,heroic=1,weapon=staff_3.30speed_16964min_25448max,enchant=dancing_steel

Postby stormchen » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 am

Hey aggix, i forgot to say thank you, sorry. :-)
I really appreciate your work!

I am stilll wondering how the action list would look for 2-4 targets?
Do we start to maintain Rake and Thrash on all targets?
What about Rip? On 2 targets i'm pretty sure we try to dot both, but what about 3 and 4 targets?

I also wonder: If we apply rake on all targets, is it then also worth to apply rip if we crit with rake before (so that we use 2 cps)?
I think for my Cat the damage per energy on a 2-CP-Rip is higher then using Rake (506dmg on Rip and 505 dmg on Rake). Yeah, that gap is close, but i'd like to optimize it, hehe.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 pm

It's always worth it to maintain Rips on as many targets as possible, the main questions are at how many targets Mangle/Shred should be dropped for Swipe, and at how many targets it's better to just maintain exclusively Thrash and Rake.

I don't really have answers to those questions other than what my gut tells me, nor do I really have time to find those answers at the moment with the PTR starting up and the other things I'm working on at the moment.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 pm

I just committed a new init_actions (that's the part of the code that generates an action list for your character), if you import a character with the sim set to PTR (or once 5.4 goes live) then it will create both a "basic" and an "advanced" action list. It will default to the basic list, which is essentially just the core components of the rotation with a couple tricks that are important to DPS (like clipping Rake for a stronger Rake, or clipping Rip for a stronger Rip during execute). The advanced action list, which you can select by changing the "swap_action_list" line to name=advanced, includes all that the basic rotation does but also energy pooling for FBs, smarter DoC logic for minimalizing GCD conflict, smarter potion use and more.

The idea is that a beginner or a "good" player should simulate their character using the default "basic" action list, and advanced players that really try to do every little thing they can for the smallest DPS gains can use the advanced list. People can choose between the two options at their discretion to hopefully let the sim calculate more accurate results for their playstyle.

It's also worth mentioning (at least the goal is) that the sample profiles on simulationcraft.org will use the "advanced" action list to better compare to other classes and specs.

I've also made some changes to the action list in general, and with the new DoC I've merged everything into one list instead of having an (essentially) independent list for DoC vs non-DoC. Here's a 75k iteration (that's a lot) report that shows how the T6 talents stack up with each other at the moment. This is with a Full BiS T15H profile and the first incarnation of DoC that hit PTR servers (15% damage to Rip). Click the image for the full report.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 am

Could you put together a giant action list that includes all the logic for me? I know I asked you earlier about this, but I don't want to tackle compiling simc from source.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Hehe, there was a reason I offered :) No problem though.

http://pastebin.com/5xuGXm5Z

Lines 45, 46, 85, 86 are for the T16 4p, and there's some Rune lines in there but it probably doesn't matter if you leave them there or not.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:36 am

\simc-530-4-win32\profiles\Tier15H\Druid_Feral_T15H.simc

something wrong, it seems missing one line:
Code: Select all
actions=auto_attack

BTW:

Use my gear(ilvl555) to compare R3, R4 and aggixx's script, the results are as follows:
530.jpg
530.jpg (27.24 KiB) Viewed 2414 times

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks for that, I committed a fix for that and it will be fixed in the next release. The action list generation for feral right now is a bit of a rat's nest, but it should be better either once 5.4 hits or they make changes that let me have one set of code for both live and PTR.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:56 am

aggixx wrote:Hehe, there was a reason I offered :) No problem though.

http://pastebin.com/5xuGXm5Z

Lines 45, 46, 85, 86 are for the T16 4p, and there's some Rune lines in there but it probably doesn't matter if you leave them there or not.

Is the DPS difference between basic and advanced supposed to be so large? I'm getting ~185k for basic and ~259k for advanced. That's a pretty huge change.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:39 pm

No, the gap is (was) not that large. That script was for PTR with the DoC changes and now they've reverted it using it for anything will give you strange numbers.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:24 am

Has anyone done any work with FoN?

I added FoN to Catus and have been playing with it. I haven't sim'd simc's interpretation yet, but here is where I'm at: On live (Feral Treant's on PTR cast Wrath) their damage is something like: (3926.57 + 0.192144 * AP) as Physical. They live for 15 seconds. Their swing is reduced by Haste. Their only attack is a white swing (so they can glance). They seem to spawn with swing timer reset, so you get a melee right away. They are a guardian, so they reflect our live stats (no snapshot). They benefit from AP, Crit, Haste but the changes are applied late (few seconds of lag, in Catus there is no delay yet.)

The default action list seems to burn FoN on cooldown, so I think a simple change would be only using your Treants if you have an AP buff stronger than Dancing Steel. So I added something like "proc.effective_ap" and used >4000. Maybe this should include crit too, I don't know. It takes 45 seconds to pool 3 of them, so that's a lot of room to wait.

After looking at some combat logs, I realized my action list was casting FoN over time at the start of the fight, instead of all at once. I talked to some simc guys, and apparently, off-gcd spells cause the action list to restart:
(energy = 40)
/cast50energy
/tiger_fury <-- will fire, go back to top of the list, and then execute cast50energy
/cast30energy

This was not how Catus was handling these spells.

However, upon realizing this, I noticed that Berserking, Potion, Springs, Berserk, and TF are being used off the GCD. Using TF instantly after a GCD is triggered can cause energy loss. These abilities probably need some kind of GCD check, like "if=cooldown.claw<0.1".

Catus only runs the action list when you're outside of the GCD, which means it never casts TF immediately following an energy-spender. I think I made this decision expecting Feral to not have an off-GCD ability like FoN. I don't know if using FoN off the GCD is better than waiting until the GCD is up. I will try to test this.

So far, FoN seems pretty competitive with SotF, even with these issues. It appears to be a gain in my gear.
Last edited by raffy on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS