Register

Drood Focus

Face-rippin fun.
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Tantrum » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Long time reader-first time posting :)

Please don't laugh at me, but I don't know all that much about fixing/adjusting addons. :shock:

I have no clue how to change the spell Id's nor do I know where to go to do so and was wondering if anyone would mind giving me a brief explanation.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Tantrum

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Bars wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:Screen shots of your configs for the trouble abilities.


I believe these are all the trouble abilities: http://jjus5.imgur.com/all/

It should be noted that lacerate behaves exactly as intended (i.e. cooldown, duration and stacks displayed in icon), I have uploaded it as well in case you wanted to look at its config details.

I should also apologise for the state of my bars, Alot of abilities pre-patch that inhabited those slots are gone =(

Hey Bars. It looks like your album is private so I can't see your pictures.

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Tantrum wrote:Long time reader-first time posting :)

Please don't laugh at me, but I don't know all that much about fixing/adjusting addons. :shock:

I have no clue how to change the spell Id's nor do I know where to go to do so and was wondering if anyone would mind giving me a brief explanation.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

Tantrum

Hey Tantrum. Welcome to the community.
I have to work late tonight and I have a Firelands run as soon as I get home. If some one hasn't posted something up by then i whip up a quick guide.

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Woem » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:21 pm

./df options
Spell list option in the droodfocus panel that appears

You should now see this
Image






Cast the buffs on yourself, tiger's fury, berserk, savage roar etc
While these are active type /df buff

This will give you a list of the buffs and their spell id's. This unfortunately won't work for debuffs you place on a boss. Thankfully Konungr was kind enough to provide the id's of our commonly used buffs/debuffs on the first page of this thread.

Now go to the spells list, find lets say savage roar on the list. Click that then where ID's List is replace the code with the new one you gained from /df buff. Click ok and this should update it, if it worked it will still read as "savage roar".

Then go to spell type and make sure "Self" is the option picked. After that you can choose where you want it to appear, or whether you want an icon timer or a bar timer for it.

Edit : You can also remove the icon for mangle by selecting it on the spell list and hitting delete on the right most button

Hope that helps

Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Bars » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
Bars wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:Screen shots of your configs for the trouble abilities.


I believe these are all the trouble abilities: http://jjus5.imgur.com/all/

It should be noted that lacerate behaves exactly as intended (i.e. cooldown, duration and stacks displayed in icon), I have uploaded it as well in case you wanted to look at its config details.

I should also apologise for the state of my bars, Alot of abilities pre-patch that inhabited those slots are gone =(

Hey Bars. It looks like your album is private so I can't see your pictures.


My apologies should be good now.

Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Kandra » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:34 pm

I want to thank you guys very much for updating DF & the help with the spells.
I have everything working awesome on Cat. I am just having issues with a couple of things for Bear.
If you can help it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot get savage defense to work. I have input the spell and the spell and its icon show up on my bar, However the icon does not highlight when I use the ability & have the buff & it doesnt not count down. Instead I get the old SD bar showing up & then disappearing when the buff on myself is gone. Can you suggest how to change that?
Then for Mangle I would really like to have the icon show up when that ability is reset. I have input the spell Mangle but the only options I see for spell type are all debuffs/buffs and none are for a spell CD. Do you know is there a way to do this in DF?

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Woem » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:41 pm

I had this issue, worked around it by setting "Internal Cooldown" to 180 seconds for berserk. I'm currently stocktaking in work so I don't have much time to go into why it isn't working

Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Kandra » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks, however it isnt the mangle refresh from Berserk that I am looking for. I am looking more for the mangle refresh from our other abilities ( ie FF/ thrash). I am not sure DF can do this and if not its okay, it woudl just be nice to have it.
The one I really need to figuer out is the Savage defense. I am sure it has something to do with the bar that already exists for it, but I am not sure how it can be changed.

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Catburglar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 am

Hi guys,

first off big thanks to the OP and others trying to get this phantastic addon to work.

right now I'm there configuring, and so far everything went smooth, except for the bear-mangle. I'd like to just use it as an icon on "Icon Bars1" and enable the cooldown, but it won't work.
The icon itself will show but will just remain as it is (just like you take it as "custom") and that is very strange because I got Faery Fire & Lacerate to run exactly like I wish (--> when those spells are on cooldown the button is vanished, and comes out in full color once the ability can be performed). I tried to setup the bear mangle exactly like those 2, to no avail.

Player buff is checked, and I used 2 different spellids to try it out 33876, 33917 (can be found on Wowhead) but won't work.
If I check "ready mode" the icon will show up as being available all the time, if I uncheck this option it is constantly faded out.

I believe the spellid is wrong, somehow (the proc-id which resets the cooldown from mangle is also not working....) also this is just a guess.

Kandra wrote: I cannot get savage defense to work. I have input the spell and the spell and its icon show up on my bar, However the icon does not highlight when I use the ability & have the buff & it doesnt not count down. Instead I get the old SD bar showing up & then disappearing when the buff on myself is gone. Can you suggest how to change that?
Then for Mangle I would really like to have the icon show up when that ability is reset. I have input the spell Mangle but the only options I see for spell type are all debuffs/buffs and none are for a spell CD. Do you know is there a way to do this in DF?


Well, I encountered likewise problems with Savage Defense, using the spell id which DF took out of the spellbook (62606) which is identical to Wowhead (http://de.wowhead.com/spell=62606) would just produce an unresonsive button, just like mangle now behaves for me.

But using the /DF buff command extracted 132402 as real buff id for Savage Defense, using that it will work. I couldn't get it to show the number of remaining stacks, but at least, the icon and timerbar is responsive to the buff and will show the remaining duration etc

Woem wrote:.
Cast the buffs on yourself, tiger's fury, berserk, savage roar etc
While these are active type /df buff

This will give you a list of the buffs and their spell id's. This unfortunately won't work for debuffs you place on a boss.


You can type /DF debuff and get the spellids from enemy debuffs

***
btw I somehow screwed up that the bear compo points show me the number of lacerate stacks on the current target - the cats one however do work. Anybody an idea what to do?

Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Kandra » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 am


Well, I encountered likewise problems with Savage Defense, using the spell id which DF took out of the spellbook (62606) which is identical to Wowhead (http://de.wowhead.com/spell=62606) would just produce an unresonsive button, just like mangle now behaves for me.

But using the /DF buff command extracted 132402 as real buff id for Savage Defense, using that it will work. I couldn't get it to show the number of remaining stacks, but at least, the icon and timerbar is responsive to the buff and will show the remaining duration etc


Thankyou very very much for that
I should have known better. I figured I had the right Spell ID as it was showing up etc. and didnt think of checking it.

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Catburglar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:02 am

After a relog my lacerate cps will work just fine, one problem away

but likewise mangle i can't get thrash to work ie if spell is on cooldown or not

however what's working is to watch the bleed which thrash is leaving, spell id is 77758

could be interesting for cats to watch too, at least, in a prolonged aoe encounter

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Catburglar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:43 am

I'm sorry thrash (cat) will leave a different dot (spell id 106830) than the bear counterpart

User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:51 am

Re: Drood Focus

Postby danatiel » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:04 am

Hey guys, really appreciate what you are doing here. I've been using Droodfocus since WOTLK so I am very glad to see it working again. I have some issues with it unfortunately.

1. Infected Wounds is not displaying time remaining on the icon, but its not a big of a deal. It is not that important to me.

2. The other thing is when I dsplay Berserk icon with a spell ID 106951 with 'Ready' mode selected (which most people have I assume to see when its off cooldown and can be used again) it is displaying the RDY text all the time - even when it it on cooldown.

But when I display Berserk icon with spell ID 106952 it displays the RDY text correctly (only if it is off cooldown) but it is not displaying remaining time (I have it displaying in top left corner of an icon and by remaining time I mean time remaining to Berserk buff to wear off).

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this, because now basically I have two Berserk icons, one next to the other, which is kinda annoying after a while. On one I have the text saying when it is ready and on the other I have the time remaining to the end of Berserk buff.

Beside the spell ID both spells and icons settings in Droodfocus are exactly the same.

Any help would be much appreciated

Exalted
User avatar
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:15 am

After spending a good bit of time it looks like all Cooldown tracking of anything other then Tiger's Fury is broken. I am betting this is because of how Drood Focus tracked these in the past by looking at different abilities (Mangle Cat, Mangle Bear...). All of those abilities were modified to change the action and even the duration depending on the form (Bear Berserk 10 seconds, Cat Berserk 15 seconds). Because Tiger's Fury was the only one unmodified it seems like its the only one working.

I don't think this has to do with the new SpellID's, but with how DroodFocus trys to read the cooldown of an ability. Sorry guys, with out a real update I don't think these are going to work.

I do know that Thrash bleed work, but you can't see the cooldown. I will be honest, I think using Ovale to watch the short ability cooldowns is a better solution then making a duplicate of your action bar.

User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:51 am

Re: Drood Focus

Postby danatiel » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:52 am

Oh I wouldnt mind using another addon for the icons with the cooldowns displayed on them (it has to be like that for me at least, I really am attached to this kind of displaying things) ;). But I have no idea which one can make it happen. Maybe some of you guys have found one and can share it with others?

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Catburglar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am

Infectious Wounds is displaying fine with me, use spell id 58180, check target debuff

Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Bars » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:49 am

Tinderhoof wrote:After spending a good bit of time it looks like all Cooldown tracking of anything other then Tiger's Fury is broken. I am betting this is because of how Drood Focus tracked these in the past by looking at different abilities (Mangle Cat, Mangle Bear...). All of those abilities were modified to change the action and even the duration depending on the form (Bear Berserk 10 seconds, Cat Berserk 15 seconds). Because Tiger's Fury was the only one unmodified it seems like its the only one working.

I don't think this has to do with the new SpellID's, but with how DroodFocus trys to read the cooldown of an ability. Sorry guys, with out a real update I don't think these are going to work.

I do know that Thrash bleed work, but you can't see the cooldown. I will be honest, I think using Ovale to watch the short ability cooldowns is a better solution then making a duplicate of your action bar.


Ah I see that is quite unfortunate, but regardless thank you for taking the time to investigate the manner.

I was curious then, would it be possible to take the lua code for rip that makes it update how many times you have increased the duration and its transformation into ferocious bite at the appropriate percentage, into another addon such as tellmewhen?

It is the only addon that I have found that behaves in such a manner and is one of the primary reasons why I found it to be so essential for feral.

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Catburglar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:50 am

So, I have a question, is there an option in DF so that you can set talents CDs which aren't talented to be replaced by the ones which are?
Because I wouldn't like to have a maximum of 6 abilities to be shown on my CD block that are just void....

I've tried to fiddle around with it a bit, most of them show up + function correctly, but even if untalented they still stay there....

Suppose I need another addon for this, any suggestions?

Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Catburglar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:45 am

danatiel wrote:2. The other thing is when I dsplay Berserk icon with a spell ID 106951 with 'Ready' mode selected (which most people have I assume to see when its off cooldown and can be used again) it is displaying the RDY text all the time - even when it it on cooldown.

But when I display Berserk icon with spell ID 106952 it displays the RDY text correctly (only if it is off cooldown) but it is not displaying remaining time (I have it displaying in top left corner of an icon and by remaining time I mean time remaining to Berserk buff to wear off).

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this, because now basically I have two Berserk icons, one next to the other, which is kinda annoying after a while. On one I have the text saying when it is ready and on the other I have the time remaining to the end of Berserk buff.

Beside the spell ID both spells and icons settings in Droodfocus are exactly the same.

Any help would be much appreciated


Berserker for both specs has spell id 106952 <--- use this to show you whether berserk is on/off CD

The duration won't be show because of different spell ids of the selfbuffs:
for bear: 50334
for cat: 106951

So I'm using 10952 on my CD block in all forms just to notify me once it is ready again.

As for the duration, I created 2 alternative berserks (50334, 10651) which will only show (when cast) the duration of the spell, on the timerbars actually only. (*)

edit:
(*) you'll need to check both cat and bear in the visibility on both spells in order for the timerbar to stay visibel if you change form during berserk

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Woem » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Guildie is looking at rewriting it. I will keep you guys posted on it. Specifically at bear related talents

Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Wintermist » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:05 pm

*scrubbed*
Last edited by Wintermist on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Woem » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:01 pm

The savage defense mechanic is gonna be a bastard to track, Sjögurka the guildy who is fixing this up reckons its the first time something like this mechanic has been implemented in wow. Its different to the tracking rip by counting the amount of times shred has been cast since rip went up. We're working on it over skype. Painfully.


Also a bit cheeky but can you recommend alternative addons in the Droodfocus replacement thread. Makes it easier to go through problems, thanks

Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Wintermist » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 pm

Sorry, didn't see the other thread, been a long day. I've moved the post over there.

Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: Drood Focus

Postby frostnoxis » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey all,

Frist off big props to you and your friend Woem, for getting DF working again.

I had some problems with the new faerie fire as well, specifically not being able to get the proper CD to show, depending on whether it was cast in bear form with the glyph, cat form or caster former. It always seemed to just assume the CD was 0.

I was able to fix the timers for faerie fire and bear form thrash by adding the following lines between 242 and 244 in DruidFocus_cooldown.lua.

Code: Select all
242:spellId=DF.spellsList[i].valeur
         
--feral fire--
if spellId == 770 then
  spellId = 102355
end
--thrash--
if spellId == 106832 then
  spellId = 77758
end

244:cooldown_table[spellId]={}



Then in DroodFocus using 102355 for the faerie fire spellid, and 77758 for bear form thrash.

Those are the only two problems I've encountered so far, though I haven't tried the new bear spec out at all. I found for berserk, just making the spellid list in DF "50334; 106951" fixed the cd timer / duration bug for me. I'm not sure what is wrong with the other timers though. It's weird how faerie fire was still triggering the 770 spellId. Seems like maybe a glitch on blizards part, or maybe just a case of needing to delete the old DF config files.

Hope that helps somehow though, Thanks again for the update!

Cheers.

User avatar
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:07 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: Drood Focus

Postby Jaymzhendo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:49 am

I'd simply like to point out the "Practice Mode" option - by entering it and hitting a dummy, using ALL CDs, abilities, EVERYTHING at least once. Then exit "Practice Mode" you can add the spell ids a lot easier.

Using this method I've been able to track everything I wish with little issues.
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests