Register

Team Waffle Podcast: Feral Roundtable Quesionts

Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: Team Waffle Podcast: Feral Roundtable Quesionts

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Even though I have not reached the stage of Revered Elder I still love (NEED) my addon's. The addition of the G13 really did improve my play though. Having movment tied to my thumb freed up a lot of functionality and button combos for me to use. I am in the middle of redoing my UI, and am on the verge of attempting to try ElvUi for like the 3rd time. Each time I have tried so far not having Bartender killed it for me. With the new version some folks have told me it might work for what I need now.

Glad you enjoyed the PodCast. If there was questions anyone still had that didn't get as clear of an answer as they wanted post em up here again and we can help you out.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Oops sorry for confusing the two of you. I would be very interested in your G13 binds and UI layout as I only recently setup my UI for it as mid expansion is not really the time to learn new muscle memory etc.

Not sure how public you would want screenshots etc but I would be happy to share my own setup privately in the hope I could get ideas for better ergonomics and G13 spell placement from you guys too.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I have asked Tinder for that - along with his button setup for his MMO Warcraft Gaming mouse.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Will do that soon (tm). As more then one person wants it, I will make a post out of it. WARNING! My UI isn't pretty like Konungrs. It is functional.

Honored

Postby Grenache » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 am

That would be great. From my point of view the G13 layouts are what I am most curious about. I am using a USB foot pedal to get a second full set of mappings via a Ctrl modifier. Will post my work in progress UI shot tonight.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:19 pm

The one question I didn't answer well during the Podcast was "1 change you would like to see in MoP before launch for Feral."

I have an answer now. I would like to be able to Transmogrify my current weapon and any future weapons to include the Firekitty buff.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 am

Leafkiller wrote:The one question I didn't answer well during the Podcast was "1 change you would like to see in MoP before launch for Feral."

I have an answer now. I would like to be able to Transmogrify my current weapon and any future weapons to include the Firekitty buff.

Or the kiril buff. Hell, just make every feral weapon have a unique side-effect and let us transmog into our effect of choice.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot: /specialsnowflake

Postby Jaymzhendo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:48 pm

aggixx wrote:Or the kiril buff.

Oh goodness no, please no. I can honestly say I've never been so glad to get rid of a weapon as I am Kiril's. The "run speed" changes that happen when its buff ends... the not fitting thru doorways... the "more powerful spell is active"...
Just soooooo ready to be done with this weapon.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey, you don't have to transmog into it if you don't like being a giant ferocious kitteh :3

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Incarnation with the polearm proc is just bad ass

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:
aggixx wrote:Or the kiril buff.

Oh goodness no, please no. I can honestly say I've never been so glad to get rid of a weapon as I am Kiril's. The "run speed" changes that happen when its buff ends... the not fitting thru doorways... the "more powerful spell is active"...
Just soooooo ready to be done with this weapon.

There are no "Run Speed" changes, you stay the same speed for everything. You are larger so you perceive that you are running slower, but you are not.
Never had doorway problems, are you trying to visit Gnome homes or something?
More Powerful Spell is Active is a bug with the Performance component of Agility/Mastery/AP effects on Bleeds, and has nothing to do with the cosmetic functions of the Kiril Buff.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:23 am

I think he put it in quotes to refer to said animation changes, and you run into doorway problems aaaalll the time in Warsong Gulch (and some other BGs).

Postby Jaymzhendo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm glad someone understood =/
I can't stand that animation, while I know I'm not running slower it appears I am and it's annoying. I'm constantly stopping and starting while running (not in raid of course, not that I'm still raiding at this point...) just to make this animation stop.
As to the doorways... there are hundreds of them. WSG is the worst culprit though yes. I finally just switched to H Spire for pvp it was far easier than cancelaura macros and not that much of a damage difference.
Other doorways include Dalaran shops, shops all over SW... there are literally hundreds that you can't fit thru if the proc is still active.

All in all... this is the first time (and I hope last) that you'll hear(see) me say "I'm glad to be rid of this weapon and it's proc" - I do wish that I could get FireKitty buff xmog'd tho, very much wish this.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:44 pm

I know it's happened to me at least once where I have a straight shot to the flag room to make a cap and finish the game, and I get stuck on the doorway entering the tunnel for 3 seconds, the entire enemy team catches be and destroys me and returns the flag.

Good fun.

Honored

Postby Elamari » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:21 am

Hey everyone

Just want to say thanks for airing my questions on the podcast. It was a good show with lots of constructive discussion.

Thanks again.
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket. You have to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket.

File under Feral - http://fileunderferal.wordpress.com/

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS