Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Jeshu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:12 am

Cerise wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:Pushed. The latest version is now 2.0.19.

The latest version I've been able to download from Curse is 2.0.18. (Beta releases enabled.) Did your push go through?

It takes about 5 minutes for the Curse.com auto-packager to see a new released tagged and start the process of creating a new package and put it up for the Curse client. If releases are pushed too quickly (before the previous one is available) then the newest one might not be recognized as the actual latest release.

In this case, it's not a big deal -- 2.0.18 and 2.0.19 are equivalent except for a script comment, so there's nothing to worry about. They both contain the same functional script by Leafkiller.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 am

Jeshu wrote:
Cerise wrote:
Leafkiller wrote:Pushed. The latest version is now 2.0.19.

The latest version I've been able to download from Curse is 2.0.18. (Beta releases enabled.) Did your push go through?

It takes about 5 minutes for the Curse.com auto-packager to see a new released tagged and start the process of creating a new package and put it up for the Curse client. If releases are pushed too quickly (before the previous one is available) then the newest one might not be recognized as the actual latest release.

In this case, it's not a big deal -- 2.0.18 and 2.0.19 are equivalent except for a script comment, so there's nothing to worry about. They both contain the same functional script by Leafkiller.

Actually, 2.0.18 did not show up for over 30 minutes. It only showed up when I pushed 2.0.19. Maybe I mistyped something in the tag, or maybe curse was backed up and/or went slightly sideways...

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Leafkiller wrote:It also has support for Stampede/Ravage!. If you have 4 piece pvp gear, please check that out and let me know how it is working.

It works. I'd like to suggest a tweak though. Make it so that it won't suggest ravage if you're in danger of energy capping. Currently it will suggest Ravage at full energy. I added Energy(less 75) to the current conditional and it fixes this problem though you might have a better idea which conditional to use.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm

I am having difficulties with the Ovale script behaving the same as the sim script. It is not falling through to my NV HT conditionals now that I no longer pool energy for NV. I am working on the sim script to see if I can change the order of some of the conditionals without impacting dps.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Leaf was right about trash bug. Somehow moving skills around broke it and it just stopped behaving like before.

Thing is, either my previous script was bugged more than I thought, or the new one had introduced an on the fly stat / skill modifiers like trinket/engi glove/weapon proc.
- I am having rake suggested sometimes 2-3 times in a row without having TF in between.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Leaf was right about trash bug. Somehow moving skills around broke it and it just stopped behaving like before.

Thing is, either my previous script was bugged more than I thought, or the new one had introduced an on the fly stat / skill modifiers like trinket/engi glove/weapon proc.
- I am having rake suggested sometimes 2-3 times in a row without having TF in between.

That "on the fly stat modifiers" thing has been in the script for the whole expansion. If you gain a proc that increases your damage by significant enough amount it will tell you to clip your rake.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:00 pm

Than all my previous scripts were somehow bugged, christ.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Leafkiller wrote:Actually, 2.0.18 did not show up for over 30 minutes. It only showed up when I pushed 2.0.19. Maybe I mistyped something in the tag, or maybe curse was backed up and/or went slightly sideways...

I think it's actually a bug in the Curse Client. I'll tag a new release, and see that it's updated on both CurseForge.com and on Curse.com. However, the Curse Client doesn't always see the update.

Postby coremeeko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi leafkiller and the other authors of Nerians script and ovale.

First of all: Great work!!!
I used Ovale with leafkiler script for a year now i think!

I have gotten confused over what talents accually make best dps.
i see NV, HoTW, DoC, SoF and Incarnation.

Eariler i also saw glyph recommandations.
Now im a bit confused.

The reforging and stats priority is pretty much covered over tons of posts.
But:
What glyphs for (not frontal) bosses.
And what talents to chose.

I know there is alot of simucraft, but what do you and your team reccommend, Leafkiller.

Is it also true that TF and Berserk should be thrown at the same time?
#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Incarnation
/cast Nature's Vigil
/cast Berserk

Thanks in advance
shìftycent/coremeeko

Postby mineko » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I know the script is supposed to clip rake if you gain a significant enough amount of power, but this just seems weird. Last night fighting Elegon, usually on the pull, it was having me rake, tiger's fury, rake again, DoC+HT, and rake a third time, all back to back. Is that really optimal?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:44 pm

@coremeeko

Glyphs: Savagery. The rest are optional. I am using Cat and Stampeding Roar.

Talents: SotF for the 4th tier
The choice between HotW, DoC and NV is more interesting. On Patchwerk testing, DoC is still over 3% ahead of either NV or HotW. But you have to think about the fights. If you are doing a lot of swapping to adds, I prefer HotW, because its benefit (the increased stats) is always active. With DoC, if you are not staying on a mob very long it is difficult to get the PS procs and even when you do, opportunities to get a 5 cp Rip with DoC becomes difficult. Also, with HotW even though the wrath spamming is no longer a huge dps up, it is still very effective for burning down adds. NV is strongest when you want to maximize dps during specific cooldown windows (as long as they can be timed to work with the 3 minute cooldown).

Yes, you always want to cast TF with Berserk. The only exception is at the end of the fight where Berserk may be available for the last 15 seconds and TF is on cooldown.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:48 pm

mineko wrote:I know the script is supposed to clip rake if you gain a significant enough amount of power, but this just seems weird. Last night fighting Elegon, usually on the pull, it was having me rake, tiger's fury, rake again, DoC+HT, and rake a third time, all back to back. Is that really optimal?

Probably.

Keep in mind that it was not that long ago where we replaced Shred with Rake entirely. They changes they made to bring Rake back down behind Shred were enough to move Shred ahead of Rake, but not by that much. Even a couple of ticks of Rake at a higher damage level are enough to justify clipping it early.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I've decided to go back to HotW after spending the week on DoC. I'm not convinced I am competant enough to get the rotation correct enough to make it a DPS up over the static part of HotW. Add in the tranq/hurricane (and indeed usefulness while doing dailies) and HotW looks really attractive to me.

One thing I wanted to clarify though, after the nerf, is it at all worth using HotW Wrath spam still? If it is DPS neutral or a drop then it is obviously much better to use it only on Aoe (heal or DPS) or when you can't be in melee. Buf if it is a slight DPS up still then there are fights wher the heals and AoE aren't useful.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:00 pm

RareBeast wrote:I've decided to go back to HotW after spending the week on DoC. I'm not convinced I am competant enough to get the rotation correct enough to make it a DPS up over the static part of HotW. Add in the tranq/hurricane (and indeed usefulness while doing dailies) and HotW looks really attractive to me.

One thing I wanted to clarify though, after the nerf, is it at all worth using HotW Wrath spam still? If it is DPS neutral or a drop then it is obviously much better to use it only on Aoe (heal or DPS) or when you can't be in melee. Buf if it is a slight DPS up still then there are fights wher the heals and AoE aren't useful.

Using the latest Simulatoncraft (505-4) on the T14H profile using Wrath spam is about a 300dps loss - which for all practical purposes is dps neutral since that is only a quarter of a percent. It is great for killing adds on Elegon though.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:12 am

Heads-up everyone. The latest Beta version of Ovale - 5.0.23 has some issues. The spell damage code is not working properly and the script is mostly suggesting Rakes in place of Shreds.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:36 am

Good news. It looks like a 5.0.23b has dropped and so far I am not seeing the same issues.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 am

It made me paranoid again something wrong with my ovale/script/UI ... wasted night looking for the reason.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:31 am

Tinderhoof wrote:Good news. It looks like a 5.0.23b has dropped and so far I am not seeing the same issues.

Yes, beware of installing the beta releases right now. I'm working through a bug I've discovered in Ovale's aura code. It wasn't properly tracking when auras were refreshed and it was exposed when I inserted code in 5.0.23-beta to filter out spells that the script wasn't interested in tracking. I've fixed the issue in 5.0.23-beta2, but the correctness comes at a performance penalty right now, and I'm looking for ways to avoid the penalty before I tag a 5.0.23 release.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am

Jeshu wrote:
Tinderhoof wrote:Good news. It looks like a 5.0.23b has dropped and so far I am not seeing the same issues.

Yes, beware of installing the beta releases right now. I'm working through a bug I've discovered in Ovale's aura code. It wasn't properly tracking when auras were refreshed and it was exposed when I inserted code in 5.0.23-beta to filter out auras that the script wasn't interested in tracking. I've fixed the issue in 5.0.23-beta2, but the correctness comes at a performance penalty right now, and I'm looking for ways to avoid the penalty before I tag a 5.0.23 release.

As a side note, I hope I can find a way to avoid the penalty because the aura filtering code I inserted in beta1 was a massive performance gain and greatly reduced the memory consumption for Ovale.

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:27 am

I am still seeing quite often times where I have 5 combo points and SR is recommended with still a couple of seconds left on SR. If I ignore the recommendation, I find there is still time to Rip (if it is down) or FB before just before SR runs out then do a 0 point SR straight after with little to no SR downtime (<1 sec). Intuitively to me this would be higher DPS than you would gain from a long SR and having Rip down till you build up the combo points again. Not so sure about the FB situation, it may well be better to SR in that case.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 am

SR is better in that case. It is a small window I can try to tweak more but what you are doing is reasonable.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 am

The long answer is that you can think of SR just like you can think of Rip or FB: It gets more and more desirable the more CP you spend on it. A zero point SR is quite poor efficiency and a 5 point SR is very energy efficient and allows you to not have to worry about SR for the next 40 seconds. Using a Rip or an FB when it's recommending SR there is just forcing yourself into using a poor SR which means you're going to have to refresh much sooner and it turns out to be a DPS loss.

Postby Meguro » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:10 am

I have a very simpleminded technical question. If this is the wrong place for it, my apologies; please let me know.

The instructions in the first post say "People should install Nerien's, open the addon configuration, and select "Leafkiller: Feral, Guardian" from the drop down list. Then they should go into Ovale's configuration and hit the "Restore default" button."

I have installed Nerien's and it shows up as active in my addons on the WoW load screen, but I can't figure out how to "open the addon configuration, and select 'Leafkiller' Feral, Guardian' from the drop down list". When I enter the game and type '/ovale config' in the chat window, I only get the Appearance window, and no drop down list seems to be available. When I use 'Esc' to access the addons interface and choose Ovale, I similarly can't find a drop down list. Typing variations on "/Nerien's..." seems to have no effect.

Sorry for for the ignorance, but how do I access the drop down list? I will continue to try to figure it out, but any help would be most gratefully received.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:48 am

Nerien's is a separate addon and has its own configuration. You can find it on the addons page.

Postby Meguro » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

Doh. Sorry for the stupidity. Worked exactly as it should. My eye just didn't register Nerien's in the addons list until you mentioned it, for some reason.

Thanks indeed!

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS