Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Crossbow » Mon May 12, 2014 6:17 pm

I had indeed still Nerien's Ovale scripts addon installed; after uninstalling that and re-selecting Leafkiller's script in Ovale, it works fine again.
Thanks for that tip.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Bye bye, aura lag?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3188 ... n/#post114

This sounds like a great change, and I could rip out a lot of complexity in Ovale.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Jeshu wrote:Bye bye, aura lag?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3188 ... n/#post114

This sounds like a great change, and I could rip out a lot of complexity in Ovale.

It'd still lag based on your latency wouldn't it? Though for people relativly close to the server (~100ms or less) it wouldn't be a big deal, but for example a someone connecting to an west coast server from Australia (not uncommon) would have 250ms+ latency and still benefit from some adjustment.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Yes, that's true. I just found it funny that Blizzard confirmed that 400ms server-side lag that we had experimentally determined during our adventures in figuring out how to make Ovale keep track of aura snapshots more accurately. Polling at intervals makes sense, but I would not have guessed that they would make that interval as high as 400ms, which is easily within normal human reaction time. Good thing that it's changing in WoD.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:14 am

Jeshu wrote:Yes, that's true. I just found it funny that Blizzard confirmed that 400ms server-side lag that we had experimentally determined during our adventures in figuring out how to make Ovale keep track of aura snapshots more accurately. Polling at intervals makes sense, but I would not have guessed that they would make that interval as high as 400ms, which is easily within normal human reaction time. Good thing that it's changing in WoD.

Hrm... does this also mean that proximity-based debuffs (aka. standing in shit) will hit their first tick sooner as well?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Alpheus wrote:Hrm... does this also mean that proximity-based debuffs (aka. standing in shit) will hit their first tick sooner as well?

May hit their first tick sooner, yes. Realize that the current behavior only causes significant delay in aura application some of the time, not all of the time. While almost all applications will happen sooner a good portion of them will be negligibly so.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:40 pm

If you're having issue with Ovale, there's some issues with the latest release of Ovale that came out today. Jeshu will be releasing a new version soon to fix, but if you must have a solution in the meantime you can try installing the previous version from here (version 5.4.22 is the one you want).

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Enabled it to see what was the problem
That's actually pretty funny

Postby Alcowhorlick » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:47 pm

aggixx wrote:If you're having issue with Ovale, there's some issues with the latest release of Ovale that came out today. Jeshu will be releasing a new version soon to fix, but if you must have a solution in the meantime you can try installing the previous version from here (version 5.4.22 is the one you want).

Are we safe to update to the latest Ovale (5.4.29) in Curse now?
5.4.22 is still working fine for me, but the completionist in me shudders a little every time I close Curse with 1 update showing. ;)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Yeah you should be good to update now, I think.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 pm

5.4.29 works very well.

Postby Elfreako » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Is there anyway to get ovale to work on beta ?

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Not easily, not only will bugs in the Ovale code need to be fixed (and ovale is a pretty complex addon), the script also needs to be updated for WoD to remove snapshotting (though maybe the base script that comes with Ovale would work for the time being).

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Elfreako wrote:Is there anyway to get ovale to work on beta ?

Unfortunately, I don't have a beta invite, so I can't get started on porting Ovale to WoD. It will have to wait until WoD is on the PTR. I have been keeping abreast of the API changes coming in WoD, so I have a rough idea of what needs to be fixed when the time comes.

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS