Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Crossbow » Mon May 12, 2014 6:17 pm

I had indeed still Nerien's Ovale scripts addon installed; after uninstalling that and re-selecting Leafkiller's script in Ovale, it works fine again.
Thanks for that tip.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Bye bye, aura lag?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3188 ... n/#post114

This sounds like a great change, and I could rip out a lot of complexity in Ovale.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Jeshu wrote:Bye bye, aura lag?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3188 ... n/#post114

This sounds like a great change, and I could rip out a lot of complexity in Ovale.

It'd still lag based on your latency wouldn't it? Though for people relativly close to the server (~100ms or less) it wouldn't be a big deal, but for example a someone connecting to an west coast server from Australia (not uncommon) would have 250ms+ latency and still benefit from some adjustment.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Yes, that's true. I just found it funny that Blizzard confirmed that 400ms server-side lag that we had experimentally determined during our adventures in figuring out how to make Ovale keep track of aura snapshots more accurately. Polling at intervals makes sense, but I would not have guessed that they would make that interval as high as 400ms, which is easily within normal human reaction time. Good thing that it's changing in WoD.

Revered

Postby Alpheus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:14 am

Jeshu wrote:Yes, that's true. I just found it funny that Blizzard confirmed that 400ms server-side lag that we had experimentally determined during our adventures in figuring out how to make Ovale keep track of aura snapshots more accurately. Polling at intervals makes sense, but I would not have guessed that they would make that interval as high as 400ms, which is easily within normal human reaction time. Good thing that it's changing in WoD.

Hrm... does this also mean that proximity-based debuffs (aka. standing in shit) will hit their first tick sooner as well?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Alpheus wrote:Hrm... does this also mean that proximity-based debuffs (aka. standing in shit) will hit their first tick sooner as well?

May hit their first tick sooner, yes. Realize that the current behavior only causes significant delay in aura application some of the time, not all of the time. While almost all applications will happen sooner a good portion of them will be negligibly so.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:40 pm

If you're having issue with Ovale, there's some issues with the latest release of Ovale that came out today. Jeshu will be releasing a new version soon to fix, but if you must have a solution in the meantime you can try installing the previous version from here (version 5.4.22 is the one you want).

Honored

Postby Cetlysm » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Enabled it to see what was the problem
That's actually pretty funny
ImageImage

Postby Alcowhorlick » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:47 pm

aggixx wrote:If you're having issue with Ovale, there's some issues with the latest release of Ovale that came out today. Jeshu will be releasing a new version soon to fix, but if you must have a solution in the meantime you can try installing the previous version from here (version 5.4.22 is the one you want).

Are we safe to update to the latest Ovale (5.4.29) in Curse now?
5.4.22 is still working fine for me, but the completionist in me shudders a little every time I close Curse with 1 update showing. ;)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Yeah you should be good to update now, I think.

Honored

Postby scorpio0920 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:18 pm

5.4.29 works very well.

Postby Elfreako » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 pm

Is there anyway to get ovale to work on beta ?

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Not easily, not only will bugs in the Ovale code need to be fixed (and ovale is a pretty complex addon), the script also needs to be updated for WoD to remove snapshotting (though maybe the base script that comes with Ovale would work for the time being).

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Elfreako wrote:Is there anyway to get ovale to work on beta ?

Unfortunately, I don't have a beta invite, so I can't get started on porting Ovale to WoD. It will have to wait until WoD is on the PTR. I have been keeping abreast of the API changes coming in WoD, so I have a rough idea of what needs to be fixed when the time comes.

Postby istanu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Hey someone give Jeshu a beta key please...

Postby Achooz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Any update on your status with the beta Jeshu? Hopefully you were able to get in. Looking forward to seeing the updated addon.

Postby Beatrix » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Hello guys

Do we have any news on whether or not Ovale will have a new version that will work with patch 6.0 before WOD hits? This enquiring kitty is curious. If not will the actual version work with 6.0?

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 am

Yes there will be Ovale in 6.0. Jeshu is working on it and trying to get it ready for us.

Revered

Postby Jeshu » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:36 pm

I've just been dry-coding changes to Ovale for 6.0 based on what I've been reading in the latest PTR patch notes. There's a lot of stuff and it's a lot of work, and I'm not expecting to finish it before the 6.0 release date. Once 6.0 is released, I'll be able to test directly on the live servers, so development will go much fater.

I've also been working on a new SimulationCraft parser to convert the WoD action lists into Ovale scripts. However, those scripts are optimized for level 100 characters, so no promises on how well they'll work at level 90. I'll probably just try to tweak the existing level 90 scripts to Just Work in 6.0 without any real optimization.

When I have a beta release usable for 6.0, I'll definitely post on these forums.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:15 am

Sounds good, I plan to create an updated version of the Leafkiller script as soon as you've got a working version. I'll be keeping track of this thread.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:45 am

Yeah, I doubt it'll be worth it to try to optimize the script for 90, though it'll definitely need modifying to even work properly at 90.

Plan to try to do some optimizing in simcraft for the level 100 as its missing some things (thrash too low priority on multiple targets, ferocious bite not always using double energy for double damage, etc.)

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:25 pm

For those of you that are like me, and like your addon to explicitly tell you what to use, I found a good stopgap until Jeshu gets Ovale up and running.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/claw

Postby kumineko » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 pm

ShmooDude wrote:For those of you that are like me, and like your addon to explicitly tell you what to use, I found a good stopgap until Jeshu gets Ovale up and running.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/claw

Dude thanks for find while we wait for ovale. It really saved my fur tonight on SoO Heroic Garry kill . My dps went up to 10k .

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:12 am

The beta version of ovale does seem to be working for ferals. Both it and Claw are based on the level 100 simcraft APL so near as I could tell they mostly functioned identically.

One difference I did note is that ovale told me to ferocious bite when claw told me to Rip. Think it has to do with one or the other being wrong about the damage multiplier on Rip. Couldn't say which is correct though atm.

EDIT: Appears to be claw in error. Its asking me to refresh Rip at like 10 seconds remaining. I think it might be calculating Rip's duration as including the extra time (ie 0.3 * 30 seconds instead of 0.3 * 24 seconds like it should be).

Postby Valmount » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Not quite sure which of the Ovale threads is used more so I'm posting my issue here aswell.. I seem to be having some issues with the beta version. The main attack and AoE attack squares start flickering when "Flash the icon when abiliy is ready" is ticked under Icon options. Also the potion square shows thousands of days of cooldown while I actualle haven't even used the potion yet..

I tried loading a character with only Ovale loaded and the problems persisted, so I don't think it has anything to do with not being compatible with any of my other addons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIpL4u ... e=youtu.be

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS