Register

Healing Touch macro woes

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Healing Touch macro woes

Postby mineko » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Ever since I hit 90 I've been struggling with how to manage casting Healing Touch (and Nature's Swiftness) to take advantage of Dream of Cenarius. So far my best solution is a macro that looks like this:

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier] Healing Touch
/cast [mod:alt] Nature's Swiftness

The issue I have is, if I hit this button accidentally, or just as a Predatory Swiftness proc wears off, it pops me out of cat form. And then I lose a ton of dps time because I'm stuck in caster form for a global cooldown or more. Sometimes, perhaps due to lag or a bug, I'll pop into caster form even with a Predatory Swiftness proc or Nature's Swiftness up. I know this because it'll shift me to caster form but the HT cast is instant.

What I wish to do is eliminate this issue. I don't want to have to worry about inadvertently coming out of cat form while I'm DPSing. Is there some kind of macro syntax that forces the macro to not fail if NS or Predatory Swiftness isn't up? Or is there some other solution you guys have been using, and I'm way off in how I handle it?

Exalted

Re: Healing Touch macro woes

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Have you been reading the threads on this forum? This has been covered multiple times. Here is a NS+HT macro that will not shift you out of cat form:

#show
/console autounshift 0
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Due to a Blizzard bug, you likely will have to hit it two times in a row.

Postby mineko » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:01 am

Apologies, I skimmed through but did not see that this particular issue had been addressed. And thanks for the macro, I will use it well.

Postby Klötenpeter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:12 am

I never played with the DoC talent, but do you need a NS+HT macro and a HT button, or is NS+HT enough?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 am

You need to be able to cast HT without casting NS. You can do that with modifiers in one macro or in two macros or with no macros at all.

Postby Keeyra » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Bit complicated, but shouldn't this work?

#showtooltip
/use [nocombat,@player]Healing Touch
/stopmacro [nocombat]
/console autounshift 0
/use [@focus,help][@targettarget,help][@player]Healing Touch
/use Nature's Swiftness
/console autounshift 1

Out of Combat normal Healing Touch to prepull buff
Press once for Predator's Healing Touch
Press couple of times for NS HT
For both, focus if friendly first, targettarget if friendly second, self third priority.
Only shifts out of combat.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:31 am

No, that won't work, because it will always cast Nature's Swiftness when you press the macro since it's off the GCD.

Here's what I've been using, it's a two macro setup (one for NS HT and one for regular HT).
HT:
#showtooltip
/use [form:1]Frenzied Regeneration
/stopmacro [form:1]
/run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift",0) end
/use [@player,mod:shift][@target,help][@targettarget,help][]Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

What this will try to do is cast a healing touch on the tank (if possible) otherwise it will cast it on the player. If you press shift it will override the automatic targeting and force it to be cast on the player. Outside of combat, pressing the macro will allow you to break form to precast for a buff, but inside of combat it will not. In addition to this, it turns into Frenzied Regeneration when you're in Bear Form (if you're using HotW, or herobare as I like to call it).

NS+HT:
#showtooltip
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player,mod:shift][@target,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][]reset=10 Nature's Swiftness,Healing Touch
/use Cenarion Ward
/use Renewal
/console autounshift 1

Not a whole lot to explain here, press it twice and it will NS+HT with the same targeting as the other macro, and if you're using a different talent in the healing tier it will cast that instead (cast using default targeting). If you wanted to use Cenarion Ward on the tank you could copy the same conditionals from the HT line, but you'd probably have to play with the macro a bit to get it to fit in the 255 character limit.

I've been using these macros with HT bound to Mouse Button 5 and NS+HT bound to Middle Click and it's been working it quite well for me.

Postby brown » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:30 am

nice posts.............

Return to Kitty DPS