Register

Weapon Enchant

Face-rippin fun.

Weapon Enchant

Postby Malfathin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Hey guys, since we don't have access to Dancing Steel yet (and it will probably be extremely expensive once the first enchanters get the recipe), I was wondering if anyone simmed which enchant is best: Windsong or Elemental Force? I'm running with Windsong right now, but I'm not sure if it is the best option.

Honored

Re: Weapon Enchant

Postby Helistar » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 am

Some data on elemental force, which I'm using because it's cheap and I have an ilvl 450 weapon...

- 7:42 fight duration, total damage 133843 (0.4%), for a grand total of 289.7 DPS.

The Cata agi enchant is definitely better (at around 4dps/agi that's 520 DPS, actually more with raid stat buffs).

For windsong I had a look at a random feral on wowhead:

- 6:36 fight duration, 11 procs (I remember reading 1 PPM, but clearly it was false).

Treating them as separate, that's 110s uptime, each with +1500 secondary stat, so roughly 1.2 x 1500 x 110 / (6*60+36) = 500 DPS.

Honestly, as soon as I get a 463 weapon I'll switch back to the cata enchant, waiting for Dancing Steel, which at 1PPM / 12s duration would average to 330+ agility, with the advantage of being able to synch stuff with it when it procs, so a whole lot better than the alternatives.

Postby Jaymzhendo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:53 pm

The major advantage of Windsong -at least currently, not sure if this is intended- is that it can multi-proc. Meaning you can get a Crit proc, and while that proc is active you can get another Mastery proc, thus having multiple secondary stat increases at the same time.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:The major advantage of Windsong -at least currently, not sure if this is intended- is that it can multi-proc. Meaning you can get a Crit proc, and while that proc is active you can get another Mastery proc, thus having multiple secondary stat increases at the same time.

Yep. I had this actually proc all 3 (Haste, Mastery, Crit) at the same time last night.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Jaymzhendo wrote:The major advantage of Windsong -at least currently, not sure if this is intended- is that it can multi-proc. Meaning you can get a Crit proc, and while that proc is active you can get another Mastery proc, thus having multiple secondary stat increases at the same time.

Pretty sure it's intended. It worked like this for all of beta and DW enchants have worked in a similar way for a very long time.

Return to Kitty DPS