Register

Need Help Testing new Ovale Script!

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Need Help Testing new Ovale Script!

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 pm

I just modified my Ovale script to include support for some pre-combat conditions and also HotW. Specifically, the HotW code supports both wrath spam as a caster and also a bear rotation if you are offtanking. For the HotW bear rotation, I included support for the Bear AOE checkbox so you can be in feral spec with HotW running and either single target tank or AOE tank (I have used that while grinding dailies). The wrath spam code correctly detects when a wrath will finish after the end of HotW and will tell you to go back to cat form. The HotW bear code will also tell you to go back to cat when HotW expires. In general the script will tell you to get into cat if you are not already in it - so no more issues where you somehow ended up in caster form and waste some gcds before realizing you are not in cat form.

Anyways, because these are significant changes, I would appreciate if people would give them a test run and see if I missed anything. The precombat conditions are different depending on whether you are using DoC or HotW (DoC asks you to cast HT).

You can download the script by grabbing the 2.0.11beta version of Nerien's Ovale Scripts, which can be found here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/nerien ... -0-11beta/

Revered

Re: Need Help Testing new Ovale Script!

Postby Jeshu » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Leafkiller wrote:You can download the script by grabbing the 2.0.11beta version of Nerien's Ovale Scripts, which can be found here: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/nerien ... -0-11beta/

Note that you can also download it via the Curse Client by right-clicking on Nerien's Ovale Scripts, and changing the Release Type from Release to Beta. This tells the Curse Client that you want to be informed when there are new Beta releases of that addon.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:07 pm

We have Heroic Feng tonight. I will give this a shot then.

Postby apple » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Although I am not able to test the script: thank you (to the entire team)! These are great news.

SYL

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 pm

So far so good. HotW code, and pre fight code looks solid.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:11 am

HotW worked like a champ. DoC, not as well. The script did not suggest NS at all. Also was still seeing SR being called for right after a PS HT was used. It wasn't as often though.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 am

Tinderhoof wrote:HotW worked like a champ. DoC, not as well. The script did not suggest NS at all. Also was still seeing SR being called for right after a PS HT was used. It wasn't as often though.

I am seeing NS being suggested, but not as often. When was the last time you raided? I made the NS changes the other day when I added a SR > 4 second conditional. There was nothing changed to NS in today's version. That change was dps neutral, so I can easily back it out, especially since I am backing off SR a little bit (basically 2 seconds).

To cut down on the SR over PS/HT I changed the three second SR conditionals to not fire when DoC is up. I don't check for PS though. Are you seeing this with PS up or with DoC up? It is definitely improved. I could add a PS check to the three second conditional for SR.

Since the Predatory Swiftness buff only lasts 8 seconds, there will be times when SR is going to consume all of the combo points that are up, but that is still better than not getting the DoC buff at all. With Rip lasting 22 seconds, the code to clip it set to no more than 6 seconds, and the average time between DoC buffs at about 10.5 seconds, a fair amount of the 4 combo point DoC procs will be used for either FB or SR. Also, in our current gear a lot of the DoC procs are happening with fewer than 4 combo points, which will never be used for FB or Rip.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:35 am

I pulled down the beta version down before tonights raid. So all my feedback was on the latest. Next raid I have is Monday for the Will clean up. I will give it another shot then.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:08 am

Notes to self for simc testing:

Fix SR at top of script to be BuffExpires(SR), not BuffRemaining(SR) >=1 (in Ovale script - it does not match simc).
Remove 4 second SR conditionals on the NS statements. We already know SR remaining is >3 seconds with 5 combo points.
Try moving the BitW Rip before the BitW SR.
Change the conditionals on the 3 second SRs to test for 5 combo points + DoC present. If combo points <5 then we should use SR at three seconds.
In second NS, change (buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains) to (buff.berserk.up|dot.rip.remains+1<=cooldown.tigers_fury.remains) - we need to account for the HT GCD, so Rip is 1 second later.
=====

Considerations:
When we hit 4 combo points with PS, even if it won't apply to Rip, we might as well HT, even if SR will use up the combo points. We should expect the combo points to be used up and we will get a new PS.

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 am

Question before nerf to myself is.

Is it worth to moonfire last second of HoTW if you can't get wrath in time?

Might be interesting thing that last nite using moonfire as last spell of HoTW I could weapon switch during moonfire global if I did notice right. This could be some DPS up.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 am

I just tested it quick with SimC and no, it's a pretty fair DPS loss. You don't save any time either because you can weapon swap in the global that you cast Cat Form.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:30 pm

aggixx wrote:I just tested it quick with SimC and no, it's a pretty fair DPS loss. You don't save any time either because you can weapon swap in the global that you cast Cat Form.

I am not so sure about this. For me all 3 nights of the raid for me, when in combat my weapon swap did cause a GCD and wouldn't let me shape shift with out a second button press. Out of combat it works just fine. Moot point any way, but something to look at.

Revered

Postby ShmooDude » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:
aggixx wrote:I just tested it quick with SimC and no, it's a pretty fair DPS loss. You don't save any time either because you can weapon swap in the global that you cast Cat Form.

I am not so sure about this. For me all 3 nights of the raid for me, when in combat my weapon swap did cause a GCD and wouldn't let me shape shift with out a second button press. Out of combat it works just fine. Moot point any way, but something to look at.

Do you have your weapon swap after Cat Form in the macro? The trick with weapon swapping is that it causes a GCD, but it can be done during another GCD, so just make sure you swap to cat form first in the macro.

My macro that I've confirmed is working:
/cast !Cat Form
/equip Ghostheart

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:18 pm

I just spent a couple of hours with simulationcraft trying different things and didn't find anything that makes a significant difference in dps. I am going to release this version of the script as-is.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:06 pm

ShmooDude wrote:Do you have your weapon swap after Cat Form in the macro? The trick with weapon swapping is that it causes a GCD, but it can be done during another GCD, so just make sure you swap to cat form first in the macro.

My macro that I've confirmed is working:
/cast !Cat Form
/equip Ghostheart

Thats got to be it. I do have my equip weapon first. Works like a champ outside of combat though. Wonder why. Oh will I will make the fix tonight.

Honored

Postby kaiadam » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Weapon swapping outside of combat does not initiate a gcd, so your macro works perfectly.

In combat however, if your weapon swap came first, it'd trigger a gcd, which you'd then have to wait out before casting catform.

If you cast catform first, and weapon swap while the shift gcd is ticking, you lose next to no time performing the swap.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 pm

I haven't messed with weapon swapping macros since BC when my tank weapon just had Stam and Armor on it. Thanks for the info.

Postby Cerise » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Mother...

I had the exact same problem as Tinder.

Return to Kitty DPS