Register

Which sim tool to use

Face-rippin fun.

Which sim tool to use

Postby Beatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 am

Hi guys, thanks for the reply on DoC, it made me understand it better. I have another question now however, which gear simulation tool shoudl I be using: Mr. Robot or Rawr?

Both show pretty much the same gear rankings but when it comes to reforging they are very different, which one do you guys prefer to use?

Exalted

Re: Which sim tool to use

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:16 am

I use wowreforge.com. It makes it easy to modify the stat values to whatever I want (easier UI IMO).

Postby mineko » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:28 am

I'm still waiting on Rawr to become a bit more complete before I use it again. It breaks my heart that I can't use it as religiously as I once did, but I can't justify relying on a program that still thinks I'm missing a JC gem (they lowered the amount you can equip from 3 to 2), among other inaccuracies.

Askmrrobot seems to work pretty well for now, and it's a hell of a lot more user friendly as well. Also it seems to use much fewer system resources.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 am

I was an avid supporter of WoW Reforge throughout all of Cata, but with MoP, AskMrRobot seems to have gotten it's Ferals in check and actually doing the right thing, so I've been using it lately with good results.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:23 pm

I can say that Ask Mr. Robot is still using feral weights from the MoP pre-patch (I have yet to provide updated weights for them), and while they're not entirely accurate they should produce near-optimal results.

Oh and for the record, none of these things are simulation tools.

Postby Beatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks guys, I guess I will keep on using Mr Robot then, although it is almost a reflex for me to turn to Rawr... :(

As for the stat weights, where would I find them do you know?

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:38 pm

I would imagine all of the feral stat values you see anywhere originated from SimulationCraft, some classes have their own class-specific tools to calculate stat weights but at the moment all I know of for feral is SimulationCraft.

If you're interested in generating stat weights for your own character I would recommend checking out this guide:
http://www.wowhead.com/guide=100/simula ... -character

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:07 pm

I just made a post on the internal forums on AMR with some information about guardian and feral stat weights, so hopefully if I can convince them that they're good enough they'll be updated soon.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 pm

aggixx wrote:I just made a post on the internal forums on AMR with some information about guardian and feral stat weights, so hopefully if I can convince them that they're good enough they'll be updated soon.

I tried that back in Cata and got told off because the Feral on their "staff" had done the work. So the stat weights were screwed up for all of Cata

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm

That's why I said "convince them that they're good enough" :P They're rather specific about how they create sets of stat weights, specifically the goal is to make a set of weights that produce an near-optimal output for as many players as possible, which isn't necessarily the case if you just plug in some BiS weights.

Return to Kitty DPS