Register

Best way to engage

Face-rippin fun.

Best way to engage

Postby Dingding » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi every body,

I'm looking for the best way to engage a fight without HotW.

Must we keep rake and rip or just ravage only with SR?

help me i'm lost :(

Re: Best way to engage

Postby CalliatTN » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:04 am

Well if you want to repot, using ravage requires you to pop the pot, go stealth and then move to the boss, and without feral charge, you're gonna lose uptime on the pot. (I personally don't like the feral charge talent, so ravage isout of the question for me).

If you're going with DoC, start with a healing touch harcast out of combat.
I'd reccomend symbiosing a warrior if you can, for shattering blow, since you'll most likely get energycapped when popping berserk at the start, allowing you to afford the 50 energycost of it, and not sitting energycapped while putting up rake and rip.

HT > catform > pot+SR > rake > shred > TF+berserk > shred/shattering blow to 5 CP > NS+HT > rip.

You can wait with shattering blow and NS until after you get your first rip up, if you can't get it all done within the first SR. Also, if Bloodlust/Heroism isn't used at start, it might be benefitial to wait with shattering blow until after the first rip/rake.
Hope this helps you ^^

Revered

Re: Best way to engage

Postby Sibylle » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:17 am

I hope some of the "veterans" here will clear this up! I love "opener" discussions.

Here's what I do:

- pre-pot
- tank pulls, I cast FF
- Charge/SR
- Rake, Shred to 5 CP
- Rip
- Shred until SR is about to drop, then SR
- normal rotation
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Return to Kitty DPS