Register

rip/rake uptimes

Face-rippin fun.
Honored

Re: rip/rake uptimes

Postby Helistar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm

On the subject of crit:

Mendol wrote:I assume it's done at application. As far as I know all stats are locked in at DoT application. Haste is, for sure, as it dictates the number of ticks the DoT/heal will do.

I remember a blue post stating that crit is not snapshotted but dynamically updated, and I've find the indication in several moonkin guide, but I was not able to track down the original source.
It would be fairly hard to test, unfortunately, unless there's a way to get to 0% crit through crit suppression.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Actually pretty easy to test if you have an on use or proc trinket that gives crit. Be naked and get a Rip/Rake cast on a dummy and then use the proc. Even an on use agi proc could give results. You just may have to sit there for a while to see a crit.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:54 am

Skull Banner (crit dmg bonus) as well. I'll try to test this tomorrow. I'm snapshotting both of these currently in my simulator, but I didn't get a chance to verify.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:04 am

Confirmed, Skull Banner crit dmg bonus is not snapshotted and applies dynamically.
(This would of been amazing if crit dmg bonus was snapshotted and we got a Rip up at 25% with Skull Banner down.)

Since this is recomputed dynamically, I'll guess, but still haven't confirmed because I need a lot more data, that crit % works the same way.

Edit: mastery is snapshot as well.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Helistar wrote:It would be fairly hard to test, unfortunately, unless there's a way to get to 0% crit through crit suppression.

You probably could on a really low level twink character. Or a really geared warrior.

raffy wrote:Edit: mastery is snapshot as well.

I think that's something that we've known for a while :P

Previous

Return to Kitty DPS