Register

Priority list doubts

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Priority list doubts

Postby Radagast9 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:55 am

Morning everybody,

Long time lurker, first time poster here with some questions. I've red guides and threads I've found both here, on mmo and icy veins, but was unable to find a clear answer.

I have a couple of doubts about our priority list

- in the case that some mechanichs, bad luck or low skill prevent me to properly synchronize a rake with the buff of TF, I was wondering if 9 seconds or less left on unbuffed rake is still the point it becomes a dps gain to refresh it with a TF buffed rake.
- if there are few seconds left on savage roar and 5 cp, better refresh a 5 combo points savage roar up, or bite and then refresh sr with one or two cp?
- according to mmo's guide, I try to FB if there are 8 seconds or more seconds left on rip, but sometimes this means that I won't regenerate cp fast enough to refresh rip before it expires. I've read that anyway it's a dps loss a rip uptime higher than 90%, but I was wondering how many seconds of downtime per rip are acceptable before it becomes a dps decrease.
- reading the various threads on tfd I'm quite confident that after the nerf using hotw wrath spam isn't a significant dps increase unless your have a caster weapon that is stronger than your melee one, but I wanted a confirm

Thanks for the patience

Revered

Re: Priority list doubts

Postby Sibylle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 am

I've got a reply to your second point: In that situation, definitely refresh Savage Roar. It'll serve your dps better in the long run. Some of the theorycrafting wizards here have run the numbers and can explain it better than I can, but it's always preferable to have 40-second Savage Roar up than to keep refreshing a shorter one.
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:18 pm

I just commented on Rake clipping and Rip uptime in this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=976#p9650

It sounds like there is some very out of date info out there on when to clip DoTs.

The two best ways to answer your questions on what an optimum rotation looks like are for you to either read through (and understand) the rotation that is captured in a Simulationcraft Feral script, specifically the one I have posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=879 , or if you are not a programmer, then your best bet is to install Ovale, install Nerien's Ovale scripts, enable my script from the drop down in Nerien's and then practice the rotation on a training dummy.

Postby archury » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm quite confident that after the nerf using hotw wrath spam isn't a significant dps increase unless your have a caster weapon that is stronger than your melee one

HotW wrath spam may not be higher than your standard opener, but the two are not mutually exclusive. If hotw wrath spam is greater than your non-cd feral rotation, then it will be an increase, especially if your raid opens with heroism.

Honored

Postby Viray » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 pm

I like to do the following:

1.Pre-pot
2.Open in cat form, put up both bleeds, FFF, but do not burn my berserk.
3.Pop hotw and proceed with wrath-spam.
4.Go back to kitty-cat and use your berserk with TF which will be off cd again.

Opening like this has a couple of advantages. Besides your bleeds rolling for a while while you are in turret-mode, you have a chance to proc your trinkets. I've noticed that the Darkmoon one does not proc from wrath :)
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today - and it won't be you.

Postby Radagast9 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Thank you everybody, I'll surely try these changes on a dummy asap and see how it goes.

Return to Kitty DPS