Register

/wave

Observe my Growling Bear style. I block blows...with my FACE.

/wave

Postby Melandune » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:22 am

Hello,
first of all grats for the new forum and for your blog :)
I'd like to ask you some advice for my goofy bear.
Here's the armory link click click
My issue is about threat generation. I find myself having problem to keep aggro on my guild dps, expecially at the beginning of a fight and i also see myself way lower than the other tanks about threat generation.
Here is a parse of me tanking some encounters in icc25 from WOL click and here i'm maintanking in icc10 click
Apart from the gear (which will improve soon, hopefully), i wouldn't know what else to change. Rotation is pretty basic, FFF and mangle on CD, lacerate till 5 stacks, swipe as a filler, lacerate again before the debuff runs out, maul as soon as it is available. Honestly i wouldn't go for a 3/3 imp mangle, seems lilke a waste of points.
About the glyphs, with surv instincts and frenzied regeneration untouchable, i just switch between maul and growl, depending on the fight.
The only other thing that comes into my mind is that hit rating is a bit low, due to the tier lacking (and that's why i'm using that cloak instead of the emblems one).
Changes i've thought about are about gemming, replacing stamina with god knows what, since expertise is soft capped and hit isn't so low. Honeslty i don't think agility would help much.
I'd really like a second opinion

Thank you in advance :)
Last edited by Melandune on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: /wave

Postby Sixx » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 pm

First I can tell you when you get a better weapon you will see a big tps increase.
If you don't already got it then these 3 macro's can help you a lot:

#showtooltip
/cast Mangle (Bear)(Rank 5)
/cast !Maul

#showtooltip
/cast Swipe (Bear)(Rank 8)
/cast !Maul

#showtooltip
/cast Lacerate()
/cast !Maul

Your hit, exp are fine, even your Arp which is also a good stat for threat is good.
When you begin a pull, you could burn Beserk, so get in front of the rest of the raid.
If you raid with warrior tank you can skip the 3 points in infected wounds, and go for imp mangle. it should not be a huge tps increase but maybe its just what you miss.

Then ofc you need to make sure rogues hunters throw ToT and MD on you, if you are maintanking.

Atleast i can't tell you what you do wrong, everything looks pretty okay for me.
Allience - Neptulon - Sixx- Feral

Postby Melandune » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I already have maul in a macro and i make sure to be best buddy with hunters and rogues. Unfortunately drops are really bad atm, no weapon from icc, really painful. So i guess i'll wait to get a decent weapon :)
Thank you very much for your opinion

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Melan,

Not much to add to what Sixx wrote. Based on your logs, your DPS looks comparable to the other tanks in your guild, so you shouldn't have sustained threat issues (and if you're having issues on the pull, that's on your hunters/rogues). Early Berserk (get one Lacerate up first) and the new Mangle glyph could help with early threat.

Return to Bear Tanking