Register

Pure bear tanking weapon

Observe my Growling Bear style. I block blows...with my FACE.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Pure bear tanking weapon

Postby Melandune » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 am

Hello!
I come again here in search for advices. A few days ago i posted about my tps generation and as you suggested it's basically fine now with a new weapon (Bloodfall, from Queen Lana'thel).
But now i'd like to know your opinion about the Cryptmaker, from the Blood Princes Council.
Here's a comparison between the two weapons in normal and heroic mode.
I'm deliberately not considering the weapon from the LK because i'm pretty positive i won't have a chance to roll them, at least for now. Anyway, apart from this, the 2h mace would definitely solve my problems of hit rating, giving me the chance to equip armor neck, ring and back instead of the ones with hit rating and it would also give me a nice tps boost, greater than the one i actually have (and yes i'm aware of the agility and crit drop, but honestly it doesn't seem much of a problem compared to the gains)
So I'd like to know opinions from other druid for sure more experienced than me.
Here's my armory.
On a side note, if i may, i'd like to suggest Alaron to implement (if possible) the tool for the wowhead direct link (can't remember the name, something like [wowitem]Name[/wowitem])

Thanks again for the help and grats for the new forum and the blog :)

Site Admin

Re: Pure bear tanking weapon

Postby Alaron » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Cryptmaker is a strength weapon...you need that +162 agi, trust me. Leave the strength weapons to the plate DPS crew. (That said, it's probably a bit better for threat.)

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 am

I actually use that weapon for Kitty DPS. It is perfectly itemised for me with the hit and ar pen. Im also getting close to 75% crit with procs anyway. I wasn't planning to try get Distant Land anytime soon for these reasons but what do you think? My plan was to hold out for either the 25 man LK weapon or hope for heroic Hersirs.

Postby Captain Fizz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 am

For bear... Use an Agi weap.
Crypt is indeed nice for kitty (HUGE ArP) but there's a reason we use Mongoose as a tanking enchant instead of Massacre :)

Postby Chetai » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:08 pm

I was able to get a 277 Bloodfall pretty quick because none of our hunters wanted it. They all wanted Oathbinder from LK. Really its BiS until Heroic Oathbinder, which will be fought over tooth and nail by every dps, including DK's.

Return to Bear Tanking