Register

Windwalk and proc Rate

Observe my Growling Bear style. I block blows...with my FACE.

Windwalk and proc Rate

Postby Hinalover » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 am

I've been asking around and so far no one seems to be giving me a straight answer and I'm hoping I can get better help here. As some MAY recognize, I work on the program Rawr and I'm trying to verify a few proc chances. Specifically I'm trying to nail down the proc rate for Windwalk. Currently in Rawr, Astrylian has set the proc rate at a 1.4 PPM. However when going through several parses on WoL I'm seeing ranges anywhere between 1.02 (for a fight where the off-tank had procced a few times but not many) to 2.2 (Heroic Balroc 25). Part of the problem with the proc is that it can refresh itself before the previous proc finishes, so one could theoretically proc 17 times but only use up 120 seconds, or an average of 7.05 seconds of the total 10 seconds. If we were to use just the proc rate, the proc chance would go up even higher (closer to 1.7-1.9 average proc rate). So what I did was I took the total uptime in seconds, divded that amount by 10, to get the average proc rate and divided by the number of minutes of the fight (if a fight lasted 5:40; I divided by 5.6667).

After all this I'm gaining a wide range of proc amounts I could choose from and I'm trying to get a final number I can use in Rawr. I know the paladin community over on the Tankadin forums were saying to use a 1 PPM for the enchant but that seems too low. Simulationcraft uses a 45 second ICD with a 15% chance to proc. that equates to ABOUT a 1.2 PPM. I know they set that at a 45 second ICD because at one point during the Beta, they were discussing that it could have a 45 ICD and I don't think that info has been updated since.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Exalted

Re: Windwalk and proc Rate

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Hinalover,

Here is how the proc is defined in Mew:

{
name:"Enchant Weapon - Windwalk",
prop:"s74244",
enchantId:4098,
triggers:"WHITE,YELLOW,WHITECRIT,YELLOWCRIT",
ppm:1.0,
buffDuration:10,
buffDodgeRating:600
},

I recommend you post this over on the Inconspicuous Bear forums in their bear section - http://theincbear.com/forums/

The focus here at Fluid Druid is much more on cats, and Yawning, Tangedyn and Reesi, and Arielle are all moderators there, and they are the primary contributors to bear theorycrafting at this time.

Re: Windwalk and proc Rate

Postby Hinalover » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks Leaf. I'll ask over there. Good luck with the Ovale Code. Still love what you have done with the code.

Return to Bear Tanking