Register

Trinket Rankings (Old)

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Exalted

Trinket Rankings (Old)

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Since it's something people tend to be interested in I'm reposting this to it's own thread.

Heart of the Wild (passive only)
Spoiler: show

Dream of Cenarius

Nature's Vigil

Trinkets are compared 1 at a time (second trinket slot is left empty) with using Soul of the Forest (generally the default choice in the tier) and the listed T6 talent, on a Troll Druid using Inscription and Alchemy as professions.

Things to consider about how talents affect trinket values:
  • If you're an engineer, trinkets that have a cooldown of 1, 2, or 3 minutes will be slightly decreased in value, and trinkets that have a cooldown of 1.5 or 2.5 minutes will be significantly decreased in value. This is because of Synapse Springs' interaction with your spec cooldowns.
  • If you're using the Heart of the Wild talent, trinkets that have agility on them will be of increased value because of the talent's 6% increase to agility.
  • If you're using the Dream of Cenarius talent, trinkets that have mastery on them will be of increased value because of the talent's interaction with bleeds.
  • If you're using the Nature's Vigil or Incarnation talents, trinkets that have a 1, 1.5, or 3 minute cooldown use effect on them will be of increased value due to being able to keep the trinket synchronized with your 3 minute cooldowns.
  • If you're using the activated effect of the Heart of the Wild talent to deal spell damage, use effect trinkets and trinkets that are capable of proccing from Wrath or Hurricane will be of increased value.
If you have doubts about the relative value of these trinkets under your particular circumstance, I would encourage you to try using SimulationCraft to sim your character, or feel free to ask in this thread.
Last edited by aggixx on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Revered

Re: Feral Trinket Rankings

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 am

Thank you SO MUCH for this aggixx! Very very useful :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby adianar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Agreed. Thank you for this clarification. It is most helpful.

Adi

Honored

Postby Sorcerer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Was so right about Flashing steel talisman (463) !

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 pm

I'm really glad I invested in the Darkmoon Trinket (I use DoC) :)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorcerer wrote:Was so right about Flashing steel talisman (463) !

Yeah unfortunately when I did my original pre-launch trinket comparisons I didn't think to use something other than engineer (which is typically one of the strongest professions for feral) but drastically reduces the trinket's potency. It really is an amazing trinket, and to a rather absurd degree if you're using NV.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 pm

What was target HP/fight time(s) for these simulations? I'd like to see if I can reproduce these rankings.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Default SimC settings: 7.5 minutes encounter with a +/- 20% vary.

Edit: You can see the HTML report for the sims by clicking on any of the graphs.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Ah cool, the links to the simc html is very useful.

What is being used in the other trinket slot?
Or is this using some fixed stat setup + whatever trinket is selected?
Is this measuring just the trinket proc? Or the passive as well?

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Trinkets are compared 1 at a time (second trinket slot is left empty) with using Soul of the Forest (generally the default choice in the tier) and the listed T6 talent, on a Troll Druid using Inscription and Alchemy as professions.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

raffy wrote:Is this measuring just the trinket proc? Or the passive as well?

Measures the trinket as a whole, so both.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 am

Ive been very lucky with obtaining gear in panda...with one exception...the trinket!
I grabbed the DMC for one slot but the other evades me horribly. Im stuck using the brewfest one - which I suspect would be way way down your list.

I'm a doc user and I'm an engineer - am I right in thinking its the trinkets that have a usable (rather than a proc) effect that are less good for me with engineering? I didn't want to get the Flashing Steel one because of this so Ive been running Scholo daily (sometimes several times a day through randoms) to get Searing. Ive also been bonus rolling weekly on normal and LFR elegon kills (sometimes doing LFR Elegon twice just to bonus roll on it). No trinket yet!

I didnt really want to get the VP one as it looks a bit poor and especially so for me as Engi.

Postby rahba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm

It doesn't look like simulation craft is implementing the usage buff of the jade bandit figurine. The 'velocity' buff is completely missing.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Dabeasty wrote:Ive been very lucky with obtaining gear in panda...with one exception...the trinket!
I grabbed the DMC for one slot but the other evades me horribly. Im stuck using the brewfest one - which I suspect would be way way down your list.

I'm a doc user and I'm an engineer - am I right in thinking its the trinkets that have a usable (rather than a proc) effect that are less good for me with engineering? I didn't want to get the Flashing Steel one because of this so Ive been running Scholo daily (sometimes several times a day through randoms) to get Searing. Ive also been bonus rolling weekly on normal and LFR elegon kills (sometimes doing LFR Elegon twice just to bonus roll on it). No trinket yet!

I didnt really want to get the VP one as it looks a bit poor and especially so for me as Engi.

I didn't include it in this list because it is no longer accessible, but I can say that the Direbrew trinket is exceptionally bad, like really really bad. Any trinket on the list in the OP is better than it. And your main question, I explained that in the OP if you read it all ;)

@Rahba: Yeah I see I made a mistake with the profile for that trinket, fixing it now. Thanks for noticing! (Edit: Fixed. Don't worry though, it still sucks.)

Postby Mendol » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 am

It looks like 5.1 has a nerf in store for the DMC trinkets :/

Postby Abranor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 am

Mendol wrote:It looks like 5.1 has a nerf in store for the DMC trinkets :/

Please share. Statements like this without noting the nerf or source are meh!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/301 ... ly-Roundup

I'd be cautious to jump aboard the doom train before anything is actually confirmed. There was an issue with Darkmoon Cards not scaling down in Challenge Modes so it's very possible that they fixed that in 5.1 and the datamined values are the proc values when the trinket is scaled down to 463.

Postby Abranor » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:37 am

=-( I'd be pretty sad if they did. Wouldn't have dropped as much G on it if it wasn't so good.

Postby frostybloke » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm

The darkmoon trinks aren't as nerfed as they appeared: http://www.wowhead.com/news=208289/raid ... ess-spring

It was a challenge mode scaling change. All is well. The gold we've spent didn't just become worth a little less.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm

frostybloke wrote:It was a challenge mode scaling change. All is well. The gold we've spent didn't just become worth a little less.

Called that shit :D

Honored

Postby mekell » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm

The zen alchemist stones are being buffed by 8 item levels in the next patch. Does that change much of anything with your rankings?

Source mmo-champion:

Patch 5.1 PTR - Build 16297
A new build will be deployed on PTR realms soon. There were two item changes this time, first an eight item level increase on Zen Alchemist Stone.

This was along side the supposed "DMC Trinket Nerf" which turned out only to be a scaling issue with challenge modes. But they have since corrected that.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

I would expect it to pickup around 400 or more DPS. I'll post some updated numbers when I get the chance (have raid starting now so I can't).

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Updated with the PTR ranking for Zen Alchemist Stone.

Postby Mendol » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 am

So the Shadopan trinket (Hawkmaster's Talon) is just that bad?

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 pm

What are your thoughts on the Arrowflight Medallion from the new 5.1 faction's rewards?
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3001-Patch-5-1-New-Faction-Rewards-Blue-Posts-Popular-Guild-Names-Weekly-Roundup?
-Sibylle

Next

Return to Kitty DPS