Register

It's 4.06 waaaaaaahhhhh

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

It's 4.06 waaaaaaahhhhh

Postby Dabeasty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:02 am

My baby boy woke up screaming at precisely 4.06am, strange but true. I kinda know how he feels. Ok, Im being dramatic, but I have to say the patch has pushed me more towards despair than happiness.

We raided last night and took out Argaloth, Magmaw, ODS and Maloriak on 25N. Had a few wipes on Chimi. Traditionally I have topped our DPS by 5 or 10%. Its a semi-casual guild and I probably have the better gear and I do everything I can to max out. Our dks, locks, rogues and SP/Shammy are typically next on the rankings.

SO what happened last night. Despite the theory of our changes being DPS neutral, I found them marginally negative if anything (and that despite my sexy new meta and my new UW). I can see on a tank n spank Id still do very well but how many of those are there now? Im convinced that movement heavy fights and fights where we struggle to shred will see us lose out from this patch. Add to that fights with AOE (which we are now pathetic at) and you have every encounter in this latest tier of raiding seeing us have some serious difficulties.

So, I felt like I lost a little last night. At the same time many others seemed to gain, and in some cases they gained a lot. The SP was on fire, DPS gain was massive. The fire mage too had a remarkable night. Our Unholy DK was AWOL thankfully so I'll have to wait till next week for him to batter me. All in all, I was struggling to stay ahead and can see myself failing to keep up as they reach equal gear levels to me. I dont know if its class ability or fight mechanics or a combination of the two, but I really dont see myself top of the pops for long.

Looking at the info at http://raidbots.com/dpshistory/Overall/25N/ Im amazed to see the likes of Unholy, Balance and SP getting significant buffs despite already being top end. Some of the other specs have been pushed on a little too I see.

Like Allaron, I don't like the lack of FB pre 25% target health. Rotation feels oddly mundane. Also, one of my biggest gripes...the Feral Charge "fix". I was really looking forward to this. Except now, instead of not turning me to face the target, I get turned but my camera doesn't...sigh.

I swapped out my PVP spec to reinstate my Boom spec so I haven't even tried the Arena. I've never been a big PVPer but had a go (to get the 4 set for PvE) and had started to like it more. It may be a bad attitude, but I really can't be bothered even trying now.

For me, there needs to be some changes made to feral. I'm probably not objective, but some thoughts are:

1. Do something to reintroduce FB to the rotation
2. Remove the ridiculous lost energy after talented TF wears off
3. I miss swipe - at least make it reasonable again
4. If so many fights are going to make it very difficult (even impossible) to shred then remove the positional requirement
5. Fix the tier 4 set bonus so it works off shred
6. Add just one boring tank n spank fight where we can really rip it up :)

Im not sure I like where Feral is heading to be honest.

Geez, Im on a downer this morning!!
Last edited by Dabeasty on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exalted

Re: It's 4.06 waaaaaaahhhhh

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Bashiok (Source)
An apparent last-minute bug which was not found on the PTR before the patch was finalized has caused the client and server to disagree on the way haste affects resource generation. This bug will manifest itself in the UI showing a player they have enough resources to use an ability, but the server correctly prevents it as they in fact do not. A death knight for example might see a rune light up that isn’t actually available so when they use the ability, it won’t fire. A rogue may think they have enough energy to use Sinister Strike, but they can’t actually afford it so when they push the button, they will get an error. This bug could affect rogues, death knights, hunters and Feral druids, because these characters all gain more resources from haste. It will also affect buffs that affect attack speed, such as Slice and Dice, Windfury, Icy Talons, and Hunting Party, but also attack speed lowering effects like Thunder Clap. We're currently working on a fix.

2/9- The Haste issue was hotfixed last night but unfortunately as all hotfixes are quick fixes on the live realms, there is some risk associated with them and a new bug has been introduced. We believe the extent is that rogues, druids, death knights, and hunters are now not earning resources from true haste (such as from gear). We expect to implement a fix late tonight or early tomorrow. Our apologies for any impact this may have on your regularly scheduled play.

2/9- A hotfix for this issue has been applied but will require off-peak rolling restarts to pick up the change. For this hotfix and others stay tuned to our official 4.0.6 Hotfix update blog - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389#blog

Things will be better.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Things will be better.

Yea, maybe with 4.1 but I doubt it for now. Bottom line is cats basically stayed the same. The bleed/shred change makes the weapon even more important I think.

But while we stayed the same other classes got buffs (some really big) and the nerfs to hunters were actually small. But you would think they are now dead last in DPS based on the responses in the forums. And for PVP forget about it as feral.

I knew I should have gone chicken for this release. Too late now.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 pm

I honestly noticed quite a dps increase. Either that, or my rotation wasn't optimal. I was in the 10.7k-11.3k range before, and now I only land on more than 12k. This is unbuffed.

Honored

Postby Goodmongo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Let me clarify. The new meta does result in a dps increase. I did my number tests using the old meta so I could compare apples to apples. Basically it was a wash on three fights. I know not enough to be proof positive but it was the best way I had to test it on a fair basis.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 pm

I forgot to mention that I didn't change anything on my gear, i.e. enchants, gems, reforgings. I don't even use a meta gem, since my helm does not have any sockets.

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Well one positive for me...I just found "camera following style" in the interface options and set it to always...works a treat for feral charge

Postby Kshar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 am

Do your best, min/max, if your not in the top 50 of a WoL parse (for gear lvl) re-asses and make adjustments. It's what I do, spend very little attn to where the other classes are.

Personally my dps hardly budged.

Return to Kitty DPS