Register

Haste stat

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Haste stat

Postby Nuvos » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey all, I'm questioning our haste stat. Is there a certain amount of it that we should have to make our overall rotations easier? I know we're supposed to reforge out of all the haste that we have but I'm having a hard time with my energy where if tf is down and I have no other things procing then I'm finding myself starved to do anything for a long time. Right now I'm sitting at 3.6% and I've seen top ferals sitting at at least double after reforging. Any tips will be appreciated, thanks

Revered

Re: Haste stat

Postby Alpheus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Nuvos wrote:Hey all, I'm questioning our haste stat. Is there a certain amount of it that we should have to make our overall rotations easier? I know we're supposed to reforge out of all the haste that we have but I'm having a hard time with my energy where if tf is down and I have no other things procing then I'm finding myself starved to do anything for a long time. Right now I'm sitting at 3.6% and I've seen top ferals sitting at at least double after reforging. Any tips will be appreciated, thanks

What's wrong with doing nothing for a couple seconds when your bleeds are ticking? Surely boss encounters can be designed more complexly if you're not required to spend 99% of your attention dpsing.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:24 pm

With a high amount of heroic gear I am sitting at 3.4% Haste. I am pretty sure you are only seeing Ferals have a lot of Haste trying to milk more damage out of HotW. Even if you reforge full Haste you arn't going to see a huge spike in your energy regen (maybe 11.5 energy a second). At 11 energy a second you get 60 extra energy a minute. That isn't even 2 Shreds. It was a lot easier at the end of Cata cause we were sporting a 50% crit rate, so we got lots of extra combo points. You just have to play smart and hold off on making attacks as soon as you get energy. Pool some during the down times that nother needs refreshing.

Postby Nuvos » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Ok thanks for the tips. I was having a hard time last night on h Elegon trying to keep up my bleeds on the boss and barely being able to kill my spark, got me thinking about the haste

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Nuvos wrote:Ok thanks for the tips. I was having a hard time last night on h Elegon trying to keep up my bleeds on the boss and barely being able to kill my spark, got me thinking about the haste

On that note, I tried to use HotW with intellect weapon + Wrath spam on the sparks last night, and even with no haste (or hardly any) I did an impressive amount of damage on them. HotW has too long a cooldown to use on every spark phase but even when you use it on one only, it's a dps increase. Just don't forget to switch back your weapon before you start feral-ing again!
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Return to Kitty DPS