Register

Your position in the Damage Done Recount list in ICC

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Your position in the Damage Done Recount list in ICC

Postby Grenache » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 pm

I don't consider myself a very good cat - when I see some of the parses and numbers you guys seem to pull, I become sheepish and just figure I'm not playing it very clever. But since getting the Rotface 10 weapon, I'm really happy with my numbers comparative to my other raid members. I'm ALWAYS the top melee, and in the top 2 or 3 for the night on 25. Always top in 10 man, or equal to our hunter except for Lady Deathwhisper.

So, when I read lots of ferals (i.e on the Druid Wiki) say that they're starting to fall behind at the moment, I came to realise that possibly my guild's dps are not as good at getting absolutely everything out of their toons. And it slightly depresses me that we're unable to get Festergut down on 25 due to lack of dps. We've all run pretty much the same content, so I'm wondering if cat dps is just a lot more forgiving than some of the warrior / ret pally / DK rotations? We don't run with a rogue often and if we do, he's pretty close to me, but his gear is worse.

So, how do you guys stand up in the stats? I know every fight is different, but which classes are beating you regularly, and is it only just 1 person, or all the people who play that class? There's a massive discrepancy sometimes between our mages for e.g.

Site Admin

Re: Your position in the Damage Done Recount list in ICC

Postby Alaron » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:27 am

Warrior/DK is somewhat difficult, ret pally isn't really. :) It depends on fight...on something like Fester I usually end up right behind the rogues/mages/locks, which I'm fine with. Here's my Fester log from last week (on bench for this week's Fester kill):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o ... 280&e=8539

Postby vita » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:01 am

R25 mostly between 5/10th on dpsmeter behind warfury, rogue and mage, and in the 5 firsts on overall damage output because most often lastmanstanding.

Postby Captain Fizz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:21 pm

When kitty was my main spec - Top5 every fight.
Now the other 2 kitties are top6 every fight :P

But our guild is a case of Skill > Class/gear.

The hunters currently rule the roost, the rogue has now started to come top / top5 regularly.
The DK is still doing tastily (normally 1st or 2nd) - But he can do that with a fury warrior / mage / any class he lays his hands on :/
(I think I'm a pretty good player- he blows me out of the water every time... Took me 2 months of gearing up to beat his DPS on Hodir!)

For most guilds - The better player ends up at the top.
Class / spec makes a difference, but the top 8 or so will just be the best players - irrespective of what they should be doing :)

Honored

Postby Dabeasty » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:41 am

At the moment I'm topping our meter on most fights (bosses and trash). Rogues, hunters a ret pally and a dk are closest behind. Last fester log

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8 ... =307&e=554

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 pm

That's some great DPS Dab. 4min seems to be a sweet spot, fight-length wise, for us; that's just enough time to get in three DBW procs and two Berserks.

Postby Chetai » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:29 pm

I am usually top 3, with 2 other rogues, on static fights. Top 5 most other fights. LK kills I have ranged anywhere from top 5-10 depending on how often I have to innervate people and throw in a battle rez.

Postby Captain Fizz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Our WoL are private, but took a few screenies.
And this is what I mean by skill > class/spec.
(By WoW forums it would be all rogues, then hunters, then whatever...)

Sorry for image size :oops:
Feral on top :D
http://www.clantdb.co.uk/wow/fester140310.jpg

I ran outside as a ranged died >.>
http://www.clantdb.co.uk/wow/fester150410.jpg

Can't find the one with 3 x ferals on top :/
The person who logs it prob wasn't on that raid.

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Thu May 13, 2010 3:11 pm

For our past two nights on LK, looking at damage on LK ONLY (overall damage gets skewed due to AOE damage to ghouls), one night was other feral/DK/me, other night was me/other feral/mage. For overall, me and the other feral sit at #4/#5 after our DK's and pally. We'd probably do a bit better on overall but we both have 5CP main stun assignments for Valks.

Return to Kitty DPS