Register

t14 2p

Face-rippin fun.

t14 2p

Postby Rayanne » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:28 am

Does anyone know how much dps the t14 2p provides?(5%shred/mangle)

Re: t14 2p

Postby Mendol » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah, i got my 2pc yesterday but I don't think i'm going to use it.

I'd have to downgrade my chest to LFR, and I'd lose out on 60 agility, plus would trade 120 AGI socket bonus for 120 crit (if I matched colors, which probably is a loss).

Oh well, here's hoping for shoulders or head :(

(p.s. I think it was shown to be pretty small increase, like 1% overall)

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:46 am

Depends on your playstyle and gear. Look at your logs and see what percentage of your damage is shred/mangle and multiply it by .05 to see the percentage increase.

If you do 20% of your damage as shred/mangle, then yes, it is about a 1% dps increase.

As a side note, how much more efficient is thrash over shred? Does the 5% extra damage bring it closer in line with thrash (at least close enough that the potential combo point(s) make it more worthwhile for clearcasts again)?

Honored

Postby Helistar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Dysheki wrote:As a side note, how much more efficient is thrash over shred? Does the 5% extra damage bring it closer in line with thrash (at least close enough that the potential combo point(s) make it more worthwhile for clearcasts again)?

DPR (damage per resouce) for thrash is around double, but it's not that simple. Shred gives you 1 + crit% average combo points, thrash gives you nothing.
If you assume that you can convert that 1+crit% CPs into FB damage (which let's say is free with SotF), then the two are almost in line. Note that is more or less a worst-case scenario, if it ends up being SR or Rip downtime, the loss can be higher.
Personally I like thrash and being old-school I don't FB aggressively, so I have energy available to fuel Thrash (even better if you can use an OOC proc). It also becomes an instant winner if you have multiple targets. Of course, as with swipe, energy is not refunded on a miss, so if you're not hit/exp capped the value will be lower.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Helistar wrote:Of course, as with swipe, energy is not refunded on a miss, so if you're not hit/exp capped the value will be lower.

If you're casting a swipe without being hit/exp capped you're probably either doing trash or doing it wrong =P

Return to Kitty DPS