Face-rippin fun.
Exalted

Re: The d'oh thread

Postby Tinderhoof » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Ya that was terrible wasn't it. So bad.

Revered

Postby Qbear » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 am

least you have a new story for The d'oh thread.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 am

So this one time I tried to be funny and make more traffic for a thread. I wasn't and I didn't.

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:39 am

Tinderhoof wrote:So this one time I tried to be funny and make more traffic for a thread. I wasn't and I didn't.

Hey, it was very entertaining! ;)
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Honored

Postby Rarge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't really have any d'oh moments that come to mind. It's normally just me ignoring what I'm meant to be doing so I can rank.

Postby Radau-EU » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:55 am

hi there,

back in bc i was occasionally tanking in karazhan. one day we were facing moroes and it was my duty to pull and tank this fellow.

to generate a max thread as possible i thought it a good idea to use a moonfire to open the fight and then switch into bear form and start the normal tanking rotation.

the plan was nice, but unfortunately i missed to hit the bear form button after casting the moonfire on moroes and he one-hitted me... pretty stupid :)

so far,
radau

Postby Offbalance » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:21 am

I tried to use Dash but instead used Stampeding Roar during Hagara's Ice phase cause I was trying to get to the 2nd frost pillar thing, right at the start b4 the spiky walls are fully up.

1 tank 2 heals and a dps ran into the walls b/c of the speed boost they did not expect. After that they made sure to leave xtra room for the wall.

Honored

Postby Laurind » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 am

soooo many times I clicked healbot trying to move the cammera just to click on someone while tanking, cast a Rejuv on someone, and then SPLAT

Or... forget to turn off PVP binds just to cast Cyclone on a raid boss.... I can tell you... it doesn't CC them.... but its very likely to crit you

Shift +wheel up, change Actionbar, and moonfire Raid boss... not nice... any of them

Postby Andolie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 am

Once upon a time, our guild had a healer who was deaf so we all had to macro /y or /t whenever we were doing something that she needed to pay attention to. So I had macroed /y "Casting Rebirth on %t". One night on Ryolith I was happily pushing away on buttons and I realize I've got my hand misplaced on my keyboard, so as I continue to hit buttons I look down (bad I know), and I hear over vent, "Andolie stop rezzing the left leg". Evidently, when I looked away I started hitting the button bound to my macro and yelling it over and over to the raid. Of course, dirty comments followed, but I'll leave those to your imagination.

Postby Timidtoast » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Like others getting pulled in on HSaurfang I did the entire progression first kill with fishing hat and about 1/2 the fight with a fishing pole(wasn't even the epic fishing pole). /facepalm
Flying Fire Kitty's FTW!
No beta yet so my knowledge is secondhand. Please don't hold it against me!

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:24 am

Timidtoast wrote:Like others getting pulled in on HSaurfang I did the entire progression first kill with fishing hat and about 1/2 the fight with a fishing pole(wasn't even the epic fishing pole). /facepalm

Haha! Speaking of fishing poles: The other day I finally plucked up the courage to apply to a raiding guild with my druid. Chatted to the guys online, wrote out application, providing armory link... And later on in the evening I realised I had logged out in my fishing gear. Yeeeeaaaaaah... I hope they haven't noticed, or alternatively that they have a sense of humour... :?
-Sibylle

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." (Brendan Gill)

Postby Dabëärs » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:53 am

A few weeks ago on Hagara I decided to have some fun and see if I could outrun the ice waves after killing one pillar and dashing to the next. I ended up dying to stupid but guild had a good laugh.

On a non druid note, in our alt run last night, life gripping people during ice phase can be deadly and life gripping people who are running around on the boat before the pull to the edge is eye watering hilarious.

Exalted

Postby Konungr » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Dabëärs wrote:A few weeks ago on Hagara I decided to have some fun and see if I could outrun the ice waves after killing one pillar and dashing to the next. I ended up dying to stupid but guild had a good laugh.

On a non druid note, in our alt run last night, life gripping people during ice phase can be deadly and life gripping people who are running around on the boat before the pull to the edge is eye watering hilarious.

This happened the first week on Hagara, then the second week I hit my Feral Charge too soon and landed in the middle, now though, I have been able to successfully master getting a full set of debuffs on the first crystal and dashing to the next to do the same before the lines come out.

Revered

Postby Stenhaldi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Dabëärs wrote:On a non druid note, in our alt run last night, life gripping people during ice phase can be deadly and life gripping people who are running around on the boat before the pull to the edge is eye watering hilarious.

Ever done this?

Postby Paramount » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:
Dabëärs wrote:On a non druid note, in our alt run last night, life gripping people during ice phase can be deadly and life gripping people who are running around on the boat before the pull to the edge is eye watering hilarious.

Ever done this?

^^ When I saw it, I shit bricks. I think you just won the internet.
Never underestimate my ability to overestimate my ability.
Bazinga

Postby Samskeyti » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:10 pm

In yesterday's raid I had so many d'oh moments... Hc Hagara 25... seriously, I must have figured out every possible way to die...
Die by trying to get 5combopoints on the ice pillar, wave comes, splat. That probably killed me 70% of the time. Dying to ress someone in between spike waves... splat. Die trying to be the hero and stand in a purple swirl on the floor during ship...splat. Die from stomp on Morchok.... I died more in last week than in the last six months's raids together :-p

Honored

Postby Toro » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:35 am

Not my "d'oh" moment, but we still go back to hRag for that BiS gear and a DK that's been doing this since we got our realm first went to "save teh day"...

.A) Sons explode when they hit the hammer, wiping the raid.
.B) Sons can be deathgripped (DG'd) to get some more 'running room' for a Son.

We had one up, probably only at 10% on one side (we save it on second transition), and one at close to full booking for the hammer...

...DG save called in mumz, BOOM...

What happened?

Before the full one could make it through, the 10% one was DG'd THROUGH the hammer...
It's 106 mile to Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... hit it!

Postby Aurea » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:41 am

(talented) stampeding roar on hc hagara icephase...
instant unsnare and icepatches all over the group.

supposed to be offtank on hc spine and forgetting to respec to bearcat.

no reglyph for hc ultraxion in the first try and wiping at 1%.

forgetting to reglyph for warmaster and noticing while sucking on tendon dps 15 minutes later :-/

at least it didn't happen more than once

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 pm

Aurea wrote:forgetting to reglyph for warmaster and noticing while sucking on tendon dps 15 minutes later :-/

Oh gods, I did that too today *groan*
Notice how I seem to do as many stupid things as everyone else in the thread put together? Any questions as to why I started this topic? :oops:
-Sibylle

Postby Andolie » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Stenhaldi wrote:Ever done this?

I thought of this thread when my guild had some down time and did this

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm

I had to resurrect (rebirth?) this ancient thread, because I, my dears, have won the Darwin award of "too stupid for Azeroth" this evening.

So we were killing Blade Lord Ta'yak, and being a good kitty I cast HotW, equipped my int weapons and cast Tranq, after which we had to immediately run to the other end. I died along the way. If you thought that was the "d'oh" I'm talking about - FAR from it.

The guildies finished him off, loot was had, and we proceded to Garalon. And my dps sucked. I pre-potted. I aligned TF and Berserk. I kept up SR and dpsed every leg in sight, as well as thrashing and dotting the body. 60k dps. I was ready to cancel my WoW subscription due to clear ineptitude at kitty-ing.

Then we killed him, I got new gloves - hurray! - and putting them on I noticed I had TWO weapons equipped instead of just one. Main and off-hand, in fact. Yes... I had killed Garalon with a blue intellect mace :|

I shall now go into the garden, dig a deep hole and lie down inside it!
-Sibylle

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Sibylle wrote:Then we killed him, I got new gloves - hurray! - and putting them on I noticed I had TWO weapons equipped instead of just one. Main and off-hand, in fact. Yes... I had killed Garalon with a blue intellect mace :|

I shall now go into the garden, dig a deep hole and lie down inside it!

Cat form macro:
Code: Select all
/cast !Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/equipset Cat

Revered

Postby Sibylle » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 am

I'll be sure to use this one, lol! Thanks :)

P.S. Leaf, I'm certain that you must have an embarrassing story or two up your sleeve as well. Care to share?
-Sibylle

Postby Cerise » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 am

The last two weeks or so I've been healing for my guild in my offspec, as two of our mainspec healers are on vacation. Just before the raid started, I won a headpiece tier token in LFR. I exchange it for the tier item, ask in guild if anyone has gems on them to make a primal diamond, 'sure' they reply, so I accept summon to MSV HC.. and darn, that person miscalculated, he lacked 1 purple gem. Np, I equip my Wrap of Unity, teleport to Orgrimmar, quickly buy that purple gem, get summoned back, make that diamond, gem that headpiece, all set! Pull!

Yep, I healed that fight with that stupid Wrap of Unity still equipped.

Wrap of Unity, the new Fishing Pole! :?

Postby frostybloke » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:50 am

A friend and I ran SSC on Tuesday night - its the day before reset, we're bored so away we go. Several wipes on Lady Vash and success, we did it. Some shiny new transmog gear - success all round.

Suddenly it was Wednesday guild raid night. How is it my DPS is so low after our first wipe of the night?

Ah.

That lvl 70 chest I have equipped might not have helped...

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS