Register

Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Honored

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Script

Postby Etapicx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm

In a sutuation where.

Rip is up with DoC, and has 9 seconds left.
Rake is up with DoC has 8 seconds left.
I'm on my 3rd CP on my primary target and my PS was 1.5 second left so used it.

In this situation wouldn't it be a DPS up to charge DoC with a Thrash? Considering we already have DoC rip up with 9 seconds and when we wont reach 5th CP with DoC up (If not NS) also that DPET with Thrash is higher then Shred and Rake is already up(Or if the case is you have another DoC charge for Rake)

And how is the new faction trinket looking in term of BiS list?(wont expect it to claim top 5 or anything)

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm

I imagine the best course of action would be to refresh rake immediately, if you get a primal fury proc to put you at 5 then you wait until Rip gets a little lower before refreshing it. If you don't get a primal fury proc then you would want fish for a OOC proc (if you get one you would Thrash) until you're 1 second away from energy capping where you would Shred, then wait til Rip is at 2 seconds and Rip.

That's all of course assuming Savage Roar is a non-issue.

And the Hawkmaster's Talon / Jade Bandit Figurine is garbage, don't use it. Searing Words, Zen Alchemist Stone, and Relic of Xuen are all better (If you don't have 2 of those 3 trinkets or better, then you could use it... but you should at least have those).

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Pretty sure he is talking about the new faction reward trinket for 5.1 http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93253. It looks pretty solid to me but I am guessing the raid trinkets are still going to win out.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Oh, you're right. Bah. Will post numbers in a sec (boo maintenance).

Honored

Postby Etapicx » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Pretty sure he is talking about the new faction reward trinket for 5.1 http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93253. It looks pretty solid to me but I am guessing the raid trinkets are still going to win out.

That's the one... Would love mastery proc thought :-)

Postby pasky » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello everyone, first thank you for the script,first time that i try it and i say only a word...AMAZING XD XD XD...But there's a way to deactivate in bear spec??Because i need him only in feral cat :)

Thank you =)

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:26 am

pasky wrote:Hello everyone, first thank you for the script,first time that i try it and i say only a word...AMAZING XD XD XD...But there's a way to deactivate in bear spec??Because i need him only in feral cat :)

Thank you =)

Not currently.

Postby pasky » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:48 am

Leafkiller wrote:
pasky wrote:Hello everyone, first thank you for the script,first time that i try it and i say only a word...AMAZING XD XD XD...But there's a way to deactivate in bear spec??Because i need him only in feral cat :)

Thank you =)

Not currently.

I hope in the future script :D,btw great job =)

Postby Ampzilla » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 am

Came across something last night, but I'm assuming this is a problem with Ovale.

Before the pull I had Feral Spirit, but then clicked off Symbiosis for Divine Shield (really good for Phase 3 Empress btw). The script kept suggesting I cast Feral Spirit for that attempt.

I'm assuming a quick /reload would fix that?

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Ampzilla wrote:Came across something last night, but I'm assuming this is a problem with Ovale.

Before the pull I had Feral Spirit, but then clicked off Symbiosis for Divine Shield (really good for Phase 3 Empress btw). The script kept suggesting I cast Feral Spirit for that attempt.

That is an issue with how Symbiosis is coded. I have a fix for it, but I need to verify it. Reloading won't help. You will see that while you are pooling energy, so ignore it for now.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Leafkiller wrote:
Ampzilla wrote:Came across something last night, but I'm assuming this is a problem with Ovale.

That is an issue with how Symbiosis is coded. I have a fix for it, but I need to verify it. Reloading won't help. You will see that while you are pooling energy, so ignore it for now.

Actually, I take that back. My fix is for a related issue where you forget to reapply symbiosis between wipes. I added a check to make sure the Symbiosis buff is up. I did not realize that swapping the Symbiosis target is also an issue. This could be a problem with the way that Ovale decides a spell is valid since changing your Symbiosis target changes what spell is valid. A reload would probably help.

@Jeshu - can you take a look at this when you have a moment? I can think of several things I can potentially do to work around this including being able to query the class of the person I last cast Symbiosis on and/or Ovale deciding that Feral Spirit is not a valid spell unless I cast it on a Shaman (but that is very spell specific). I already have added a check for the Symbiosis buff being up, but I have no current way that I know of for determining what class I cast it on

Honored

Postby RareBeast » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Would it be possible to add a line saying to pot at the appropriate time for a strong rip at the start of BitW? I'm terrible at noticing the boss % health at the right time and then have to wait for TF to come off CD again.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

RareBeast wrote:Would it be possible to add a line saying to pot at the appropriate time for a strong rip at the start of BitW? I'm terrible at noticing the boss % health at the right time and then have to wait for TF to come off CD again.

I don't think that is practical to do in the script. There are too many fights with adds that BitW phases during fights for the script to know when it is appropriate for a player to use a potion. You could easily create a weak aura (or ask aggixx to) that flashes when the current target has less than 25% health and the TF is coming off of cooldown. I could add this to a separate Ovale frame, but my inclination is to keep the script focused on the rotation and encourage people to use other addons for specific ability tracking.

Exalted

Postby raffy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 pm

As I continue to develop my sim, I'm beginning to see how the rotation, outside of the normal stuff (Rip/Rake/SR), is really dependent on combat time.

Like if you have the opportunity to fit in an extra berserk, if you burn Berserk ASAP, that's pretty obviously going to be a DPS increase over strategically timed Berserk's, where you miss out one of them. Similarly, if target TTL < Berserk cooldown, your better off holding on to it for execution, or further heroism/proc/trinket alignment.

So far, I've been trying to decide all these things dynamically as the fight progresses, but I'm beginning to think that I almost need slightly different rotations based on the expected fight time, which typically involves how many Berserks, TFs, and other stuff fit into the allotted combat time.

I'm also modelling Stormlash, Skull Banner, Shattering Blow, and Shattering Throw, which again can be used strategically (and risk losing an application) or spammed asap.

The SimC rankings seem to use a ~10 minute fight, which seems bad for any Wrath-based HotW analysis (although maybe SimC is only passive HotW, I don't know), since you'd only get 2 applications.

Currently, I'm being pretty aggressive with my cooldown usage, up until the last once, which I try to time more strategically based on TTL. But I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to provide some settings to toggle between aggressive and reactive cooldown usage.

Anyway, my question is, has anyone done any serious analysis in figuring out the best usage patterns for certain abilities, like:
- align Berserking with Berserk? what about with Heroism? it feels like these should be staggered
- worth it to align Berserk with TF? or w/e since Berserk is only 15 sec?
- align on-use that divide into TF cooldown? or on-use when placing a Rip? or just use asap?
- when do you use a 2 minute on-use trinket?
- on-use trinkets should be used from longest cooldown to shortest?
- why is Thrash skipped with clearcasting if recently Thrashed?
- is a 4cp rip w/sr+doc ever worth it?
- what's the highest time left at which you'd clip SR?
- how does cobalt frag bomb work as feral?

I intend to be able to answer most these with my sim, I'm just wondering what people have been doing in practice.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 pm

raffy wrote:Anyway, my question is, has anyone done any serious analysis in figuring out the best usage patterns for certain abilities, like:
- align Berserking with Berserk? what about with Heroism? it feels like these should be staggered
- worth it to align Berserk with TF? or w/e since Berserk is only 15 sec?
- align on-use that divide into TF cooldown? or on-use when placing a Rip? or just use asap?
- when do you use a 2 minute on-use trinket?
- on-use trinkets should be used from longest cooldown to shortest?
- why is Thrash skipped with clearcasting if recently Thrashed?
- is a 4cp rip w/sr+doc ever worth it?
- what's the highest time left at which you'd clip SR?

The simc work we have been doing is with 7.5 minute runs +-20%. Most of my work in the last expansion with Mew was 5 minutes.

Yes a lot of work has been done on every question you pose above and it is captured in the script.

Outside of fights where there is a specific strategic best time to use cooldowns, the best use for heroism and everything else you can throw in (Berserk, Berserking, etc.) is at the start of the fight since that is the one time of the fight when everyone's procs line up.

You should always align Berserk with TF.

2 minute on-use trinkets suck for us, but your best bet is to align them with TF and possibly hold one for Berserk if you won't lose one due to fight length.

We simmed Thrash to be a dps loss if you you refresh it too early since you can spend the free attack on something else. Every time you clip early, you are wasting energy and in the case of SR/Rip combo points, so you only want to do so when it sims as a dps up.
We have never found a 4cp Rip worth doing, but I can't say that we tested it that carefully with DoC (at least I didn't, I am not sure if aggixx did). In general since it is only an 80% Rip, it seems doubtful that you would want to do that and the sims would probably demonstrate that.

We have logic to clip SR early with 6 seconds left if you have 5 combo points, Rip will not come off of cooldown before SR and you have the talent HotW which "demands" than you don't waste combo points.

You should really spend some time studying the current simc script which is descended from the cata Mew script and represents hundreds of hours of experimentation by myself and others with aggixx in particular putting in a ton of work since MoP dropped. While there are always situations where things can be further optimized, what we have is pretty good and is a good starting place for the work you are doing. As far as fight length affecting dps outcome, that is something that has been understood for some time. While we have identified a fairly optimum rotation for a Patchwerk fight which provides insight into how to prioritize abilities if the current target is going to be there for awhile, on actual fights there is a lot more judgement that needs to be made depending on adds, phases, etc. During Cata I did some work to model some specific fights, but trying to cover every possible fight and situation is beyond what I am willing to do.

Postby Muffin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Leafkiller,

I love the work you have done! First of all, thanks for that!

I had one quick question... I noticed a LOT of your work (and maybe just my opinion) has been Kitty focused. I have been thinking about tinkering with Guardian spec.

I noticed in Nerien's Ovale Scripts that there is your "Feral, Guardian" script as well as one from Nerien himself that is solely a "Guardian" spec. Any opinion on which one of these is superior?

Without any actual use yet, I did notice that yours does not include the troll racial "Beserking" in the "Long Cooldowns", but Nerien's does. This is more of a DPS increase than anything else so I am not TOO worried about it, but thought you might want to know.

Thanks again for the great work!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Muffin wrote:Leafkiller,

I love the work you have done! First of all, thanks for that!

I had one quick question... I noticed a LOT of your work (and maybe just my opinion) has been Kitty focused. I have been thinking about tinkering with Guardian spec.

I noticed in Nerien's Ovale Scripts that there is your "Feral, Guardian" script as well as one from Nerien himself that is solely a "Guardian" spec. Any opinion on which one of these is superior?

Without any actual use yet, I did notice that yours does not include the troll racial "Beserking" in the "Long Cooldowns", but Nerien's does. This is more of a DPS increase than anything else so I am not TOO worried about it, but thought you might want to know.

Thanks again for the great work!

I have not looked at Nerien's Guardian script so I cannot comment on it. Tinderhoof is the primary author of the Guadian portion of the script, so maybe he should comment on this.

I have not been worrying about building in every one of the long cooldowns (especially a racial) since so many players are using Droodfocus and one of the aura trackers such as Weak Auras in addition to Ovale.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:58 pm

The one that I wrote is solely for Guardian spec. I haven't had the inclination yet to write a feral one to go along with the Guardian one because Leafkiller's works so well, but I will in time since I like my icons laid out slightly differently.

The Guardian script I wrote is based on active mitigation abilities in the first icon, the main DPS rotation in the second icon, AoE in the third icon, and DPS cooldowns in the fourth icon. It's one that I use in actual gameplay, so I can say that it works alright. I plan on tweaking it more now that I'm actively leveling my druid.

The Berserking racial is actually a rage cooldown (to boost your rage generation), so it's wise to save it for when you are taking heavy damage.

Hope this information helps.

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:01 pm

I made a new beta release of Ovale (5.0.24-beta), and I'd like some feedback from ferals using Leafkiller's script in actual gameplay to see if it breaks anything. This beta release is meant to solve a problem with tracking stacking buffs, so it's possible it affects Dream of Cenarius.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:13 am

Bugsack captured the following:

12x Ovale-5.0.24-beta\OvaleState.lua:327: attempt to perform arithmetic on field "stacks" (a nil value)
Ovale-5.0.24-beta\OvaleState.lua:327: in function "AddSpellToStack"
Ovale-5.0.24-beta\OvaleFuture.lua:330: in function "Apply"
Ovale-5.0.24-beta\OvaleBestAction.lua:75: in function "StartNewAction"
Ovale-5.0.24-beta\OvaleFrame.lua:173: in function "OnUpdate"
Ovale-5.0.24-beta\OvaleFrame.lua:70: in function <Ovale\OvaleFrame.lua:69>

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's MoP Feral/Guardian Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:07 am

@Jeshu - is there any existing support in Ovale for the energy pooling action in Simulationcraft?

Here is an example:
actions+=/pool_resource,wait=0.1,if=combo_points>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health.pct<=25&((energy<50&buff.berserk.down)|(energy<25&buff.berserk.remains>1))&talent.dream_of_cenarius.enabled

While it is true, it will not execute any of the script below that line. One way I know I can handle pooling is to use the equivalent of if/else statements to block off part of the script, but I will have to do that four times to support the new simulation script.

There is one nuance associated with this - which is while it is energy pooling I want to show the spell that is being pooled for with a countdown. I think I can accomplish this with the if/else structure, but if there is a way to do something in a simpler way it would be very helpful (so I don't have to restructure my code).

Edit: Note, the pooling will recycle to the top of the script every .1 seconds, so it basically is returning that no action should be taken.

Here is an example of how I think I can do this right now with brute force:

Code: Select all
if ComboPoints()>5 and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP) and BITWRange() and TalentPoints(dream_of_cenarius_talent) {
    if {BuffRemains(BERSERK)>1.0 and Energy()>25} or {BuffPresent(BERSERK) and BuffRemains(BERSERK) <=1} or {BuffExpires(BERSERK) and Energy()>50} Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)
}
unless ComboPoints()>5 and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP) and BITWRange() and TalentPoints(dream_of_cenarius_talent) {
    # the rest of the rotation follows
}

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 pm

That is pretty the style in which I coded my subtlety rogue script where one had to pool energy for Shadow Dance and Vanish. There's currently no better way of expressing the concept in Ovale, though I'm open to suggestions. Could you open a ticket for Ovale with this as a feature request?

For my subtlety script (the one currently in Nerien's Ovale Script), I had a separate icon for the actions that required pooling energy (see SubtletyStealthCooldownActions). That icon would show the next action that required pooling energy, with a little sweep animation to show the status of the energy pooling. If you decided it wasn't a good time to pool energy and kept spending energy on Backstab, then you would see the sweep animation jump back a bit to show that you added time to the energy pooling. When the sweep finished, meaning there was enough energy pooled and the rest of the conditions were met, then the icon displayed at full alpha to show that the action was ready to be used.

Hopefully that gives you an idea for how to write your script. I do think that it substantially changes the way that it's structured, but I don't see any obvious way for how to avoid it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Something will need to be added to Ovale once we push this version of the script to Simulationcraft, so I will put in a request in a bit. I was thinking that a simple way to address this is to have a command that halts execution at the current point and restarts at the top of the script, perhaps with a time for how long to hold off ("RestartExecution" for lack of a better name). I think this would satisfy my icon needs also, since the last viable Spell would be the one right before the "RestartExecution" command. I would envision it looking like this in the code:

Code: Select all
if ComboPoints()>5 and TargetDebuffPresent(RIP) and BITWRange() and TalentPoints(dream_of_cenarius_talent) {
    if {BuffRemains(BERSERK)>1.0 and Energy()>25} or {BuffPresent(BERSERK) and BuffRemains(BERSERK) <=1} or {BuffExpires(BERSERK) and Energy()>50} Spell(FEROCIOUSBITE)

# sleep .1 seconds and restart execution at the top of the script. FEROCIOUSBITE should be displayed with a countdown
    ResetExecution(0.1)
}
# the rest of the rotation follows

Notice that this does not require major code restructuring to use and could be used for pooling any resource type, or even waiting for something to come off of cooldown. There are cases where people try to sync up cooldowns and this might help code those.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm

@Jeshu - I opened an Ovale ticket: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ovale/ ... r-pooling/

Honored

Postby Jeshu » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am

I've made a new release of Ovale 5.1.0. The WoW client won't consider it outdated. It also catches up on changes from the patch release notes that affected things like energy regen rates that affect the core scripting engine.

@Leafkiller: Could you open a ticket for the feral ability that grants the extra combo point? I tried finding the post about how it worked, but didn't see it during my search.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS