Register

Meta Gems for PvP

Hot animal action.

Meta Gems for PvP

Postby Albione » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Would a Enigmatic Shadowspirit Diamond be good or even work for us in PvP?

If not, what is a good meta for us for PvP?

Honored

Re: Meta Gems for PvP

Postby Arctagon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm not much into PvP, but I assume Agile Shadowspirit Diamond would be very good there as well, if not the best.

Revered

Postby shinryu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm

I miss powershifting out of roots already >.>

Dunno much about metas, but if there's one that happened to give out mastery or stamina and some sort of benefit like reduced root/snares or stuns and such, I'd consider it worthwhile. But a lot of it depends on composition as well, I mean if you're still being used to mainly go crazy and kill opposing members, agile would still be the best. But the other options potentially offer more survivability, which is good as well.

Postby Mezen » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:44 pm

From what I have seen while pvping the enigmatic would be the better choice for pvp, since our lack of getting out of snares/roots without a trinket. Also the crit it gives should help our bleeds crit higher numbers which will help us in fights againts more cc prone toons like mages.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

I disagree about the Enigmatic meta. 54 crit rating isn't really that much. If you are concerned about the stun duration I would go with the Powerful Shadowspirit Diamaond (81 stam/10% reduced stun duration). This is a good gem if you are going to be a flag carrier. If you just do mostly killing then I would suggest going with the Agile Shadowspirit. 54 agility + 3% more critical damage will out perform the .8 seconds less on your stun duration (all stuns are 8 seconds in pvp now).

Postby Albione » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 am

I flag carry a lot, but I also do other types of PvP.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:29 pm

I'm playing with the idea of taking my cat into competitive pvp, but I'm leery.

Seriously - pvp as a druid is really fricking complicated to do well (and if you can't do it well, it won't be fun, right?)

So far it's looking a lot like ---> Mangle + bleeds on healer, tab, FC to peel off my healer, tab skullbash their healer ... oh shit my healer is dying, tab, tab, tab,
run away, survival cds, run away, mangle mangle, barksin, run away, wonder where the hell I put the shadowmeld button.

Wow is hard.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:17 pm

There is a Feral druid out there in possession of tremendously helpful tips regarding Cat PvP; his name is Miirkat. He does have a YouTube channel and posts videos regularly.

Postby cynrh » Mon May 02, 2011 11:30 am

Mand, IMHO probably the single biggest improvement a new PVP feral can make to improve is to become aware of your Swiftness procs and get in the habit of using them. So in the peel scenario you mentioned above a common scenario might be not to FC back to your healer (skullbash doesn't have the range to get back to their healer - any decent one will hang out at max range), but to use Swiftness to throw an instant cyclone (maybe Roots if his healer's in a bad position to dispel) to peel the guy off, maybe followed by a hardcast CC if the guy hasn't trinketed yet. Slinging around the free CC from Swiftness is the critical difference between being controlled, or controlling a fight. Our instant, ranged CC on no CD is more than most DPS classes have.

I use PowerAuras to display a graphic everytime I get the Pred Swiftness proc, it made a big difference in my awareness of when the proc happens and as a subtle reminder to use it!

And I second Miirkat's stuff, at Arena Junkies he's always been good signal among a lot of noise.

Honored

Postby Mandragaran » Tue May 03, 2011 1:27 am

Excellent cynrh. Thanks.

Return to Feral PvP