Register

DroodFocus

Face-rippin fun.

DroodFocus

Postby Meranannon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 am

DROODFOCUS

Leafkiller offered me to create a post on FluidDruid for DroodFocus (thank you ^^). So here I am ;)
If you have any questions, find a bug or improvement ideas do not hesitate to let me know here, I would try to respond quickly.

Current version : 5.2.0

Changelog :

I'll try to fix the annoying glyph UI bug cause by DF.In previous versions, I don't setup static popup dialog properly, seem to cause UI taint. It's now fixed in 5.2.0e.
I don't have this bug, hope that works for you.

Download :
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/droodfocus

INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURRENT VERSION

What are all those colored dots on my icons ?

DroodFocus calcul dots damage in realtime (with power attack, mastery, buffs, etc...) for rip, rake and thrash debuff.
Each icons saves datas when debuff is applied to be compared later in the fight with your current "power". I compare dot power with a ratio. The colored dots gives you this informations.

In the top right corner of the icons, the big dot can have 3 states : Red, Gray or Green.

• A red dot means the current debuff is more powerful than debuff you could apply (potential debuff ratio<0%)
  • A gray dot means the current debuff is a little less powerful than debuff you could apply (potential debuff ratio>0% and <12%)
  • A green dot means the current debuff is a less powerful than debuff you could apply (potential debuff ratio>12%)

In the bottom of the icons, 3 littles dot : Red, yellow and blue.

• If red dot is lit, dot buffed with savage roar.
  • If yellow dot is lit, dot buffed with tiger fury.
  • If blue dot is lit, dot buffed with dreams of cenarius or nature's vigil.

If you are curious, you can check how damage are calculated in the file "DroodFocus_dotPower.lua".
Be carefull, don't change anything if you don't know what you do !

Dots tracker ?

This module is under development and not activated by default. Currently it displays a simple list of dots you have applied.
In the future, I would like to display this information on the nameplate of the units. But nameplates don't return unit's GUID, no problem to rip and rake because it requires to target the unit, but it's tricky for thrash...

Floating icons/bars ?

Originally, all icons or bars were fixed in a 'dock' or freely movable.
With this version, you can choose between two methods individualy for each icons or bars. In addition, in floating mode, the size of the texture and text is also configurable individually.
Last edited by Meranannon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Exalted

Re: DroodFocus

Postby Leafkiller » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:17 am

Bugsack captured the following:

17x DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_icons.lua:463: attempt to perform arithmetic on local "debuffPower" (a nil value)
DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_icons.lua:463: in function "icons_update"
DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_core.lua:686: in function "OnUpdate"
DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_core.lua:231: in function <DroodFocus\DroodFocus_core.lua:230>

Have you thought about adding in support for Symbiosis?

Postby Meranannon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 am

Leafkiller wrote:Bugsack captured the following:

17x DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_icons.lua:463: attempt to perform arithmetic on local "debuffPower" (a nil value)
DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_icons.lua:463: in function "icons_update"
DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_core.lua:686: in function "OnUpdate"
DroodFocus-5.1.2\DroodFocus_core.lua:231: in function <DroodFocus\DroodFocus_core.lua:230>

Have you thought about adding in support for Symbiosis?

Seems to forgot to check for nil value here ! i'll fix that and upload new version today. Thx.

For symbiosys, I do not know what I could do more compared to existing addons.
But if you have any ideas, I am always open to adding new interesting features :)

Postby Cerise » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 am

Thanks for this fantastic addon Meranannon. I love it so much that I use it on my Rogue and Monk as well :)

Postby Stranglehorn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am

I too just wanted to say thank you creating and maintaining this add-on. It's hands down one of the best add-ons that I've used!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm

aggixx identified a temporary patch for Droodfocus for those who are getting errors with 5.1. Edit DroodFocus_combo.lua and change line 9 to "local SPELL_POWER_LIGHT_FORCE = SPELL_POWER_LIGHT_FORCE"

No doubt a new version will be out shortly that fixes any 5.1 issues.

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Yes, the assert() function in line 9 of DroodFocus_combo.lua causes an error, I was able to fix it by simply removing the assert function (no idea what the does, didn't care to look).

Postby Nuvos » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 pm

For some that still have issues, try this out, it has solved my problem

Quoted from Carnumba from curse

I just commented out that line and it's working fine now. To comment it out, put two hyphens (--) in front of that line in DroodFocus_combo.lua.

---

So basically should look like --local local SPELL_POWER_LIGHT_FORCE = SPELL_POWER_LIGHT_FORCE

Hope this helps

Revered

Postby Steakbomb » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Adding the -- in front of that line worked for me

Postby Meranannon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:37 am

Shame on me !! i don't downloaded PTR before patch (not enough times ;) ). I miss something.

Fix give above seem to works. Sky's not falling ^^

I try to update curse tonight.

Thx !

Postby railyth » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:13 am

will Druidfoocus be updated for 5.1 today. Or is it already. mine druide focus dosnt work. the power bar is ''full all the time'' and i can only see 1 buff and that is Lacerate. is it just me or do anyone eles got this problem today ?:)

Postby railyth » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 am

Nvm sav the update now on my curse client. it works perfekt now agen :) thanks for a good addon!

Postby Rhraw » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 am

Just wanna say thank you for this great addon and your quick update to 5.1, Meranannon.

Postby Meranannon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:29 am

I like to see happy kitties ;)
Maowww

Honored

Postby AsgardFM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Is there a way to configure Droodfocus to bring up a notification that a target is within BitW range (<25%)? I've been using PowerAuras for this so far but my UI has changed to the stage where thats all I currently use PA for and it feels a bit of a waste.

Postby Pan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Meranannon wrote:If blue dot is lit, dot buffed with dreams of cenarius or nature's vigil.

Dunno why but the blue dot is not working with NV and it works fine with DoC..
Suggestions?
Tyvm, great addon btw :D

Edit: PS: after the update i notice that the red dot of SR sometimes doesn't work (grey) in the rake window.. maybe a little bug.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Meranannon wrote:[*]Additional combo point on a critical hit is displayed more quickly.[/*]

I don't use the addon, but I have a quick question: Is this a workaround by looking at the logs to see if a crit happens since Blizzard can be slow on a CP alert? I use weakauras and it's incredibly annoying at times when I get notice of a CP so late in the GCD.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Check out the weak aura that Aggixx made. It tracks combo points in real time not a delay.
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=852

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Tinderhoof wrote:Check out the weak aura that Aggixx made. It tracks combo points in real time not a delay.
http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=852

I also just wrote a post on this and requested a change in Ovale. Here is the discussion: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=857&start=225#p11325

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:22 am

Dysheki wrote:
Meranannon wrote:[*]Additional combo point on a critical hit is displayed more quickly.[/*]

I don't use the addon, but I have a quick question: Is this a workaround by looking at the logs to see if a crit happens since Blizzard can be slow on a CP alert? I use weakauras and it's incredibly annoying at times when I get notice of a CP so late in the GCD.

I would assume that's exactly what it is since I'm not sure what else that change note would indicate. But yeah, as stated you can do it in WeakAuras as well, heh.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

OMG I love you all so much. I'll see what I can do to get that to work when I get home.

Even if it means losing my own personal weak auras images I can deal (I use Mario styled mushrooms for each combo point, but I would much rather have them working than look amazing, rofl).

Honored

Postby Instaqueues » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:06 am

Downloaded this addon last night...it's great! I think I'll have to slowly transition to the pictures..I've been a badkitty user for the last 2-3 years, and I cannot stress how much I love the bars w/ a static position and a timer. DroodFocus' sounds and PS proc alerts are very helpful. I also like the energy bar w/ combo points inside it.

Hopefully one day I can utilize the picture so I can compare DoT strengths on the fly. Great job!

Exalted

Postby aggixx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:50 am

Dysheki wrote:OMG I love you all so much. I'll see what I can do to get that to work when I get home.

Even if it means losing my own personal weak auras images I can deal (I use Mario styled mushrooms for each combo point, but I would much rather have them working than look amazing, rofl).

It wouldn't be too hard to edit it, should be able to just right click -> convert to texture and it should work I think.

Revered

Postby Dysheki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 pm

aggixx wrote:
Dysheki wrote:OMG I love you all so much. I'll see what I can do to get that to work when I get home.

It wouldn't be too hard to edit it, should be able to just right click -> convert to texture and it should work I think.

I had to convert to a Progress Texture. I was flummoxed for a bit because I originally did convert to a texture, but all of the CPs were showing 24/7. Once you change it to a Progress Texture you make the foreground what you want when a CP is active and background whatever you want if you don't have it (or just set the background color to ignore it).

Postby Dargasky » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Just want to add my thanks to Meranannon. What a great add-on. So glad your back and so much more glad your here!!!

Next

Return to Kitty DPS