Register

Leafkiller's 4.1 Feral Ovale Script

Face-rippin fun.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Site Admin

Re: Leafkiller's 4.01 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Alaron » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Leaf, just had a chance to sit down and actually try the new script. Looks excellent, as always.

One recommendation: I love the "not in melee range" icon, but I think using the dash icon twice confuses things. I replaced the dash in the main box with ability_druid_catformattack and prefer it.

I'd also like to use the right-side boxes to track proc trinkets; unfortunately, I think you'd have to manually add each trinket + ICD, so that'd take some work.

Exalted

Re: Leafkiller's 4.0.6 Feral Ovale Script

Postby Leafkiller » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:40 pm

@Alaron - I will take a look at the texture you suggest for the main window. Those textures are no more than placeholders right now. The trinket proc tracking is an interesting idea. I guess a way to do that would be to define each trinket and add each one to the tracking list. There are not too many that would need to be tracked.

Postby syntax » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:22 pm

trinket proc tracking would be quite awesome.

Postby Devils » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:05 am

For engineers Synapse Springs trinker CD tracking in would be quite awesome too.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:18 am

Wiped a night on valiona hc with the 1.2.0 (no tries below 25% so no FB usage).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y ... b-dmgspell

Was surprised to see that ravage! actually makes up more of my damage now than fury swipes.

Postby Spritzup » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 am

Leaf you're a machine with all these changes, I can barely keep up.

Good work though!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 pm

I just posted version 1.2.2 of the script. I did two things in this script - one of which I need help testing.

1) I removed the option to tell the script you have tier 11 and replaced it with a built in Ovale function that can automatically detect the presence of tier set gear. I need someone with the 4 piece set bonus to test this as I do not yet have 4 piece.

2) I put in a first pass at tracking a non-proc trinket. Specifically I am tracking Unheeded Warning. What it does is it shows an Axe texture with a cooldown if the Heedless Carnage buff is up. Otherwise it shows a (faded) image of the trinket. I do not know how to track the cooldown yet. I might be able to add something to the Buff definition itself. Also, Ovale is deciding to display the item (Unheeded Warning) faded - presumably since it cannot be "used." I can probably fix that by displaying the texture rather than the item. If I can figure out how to track the ICD, then I could use both - show it faded while on cooldown and then show an unfaded texture. If anyone has any ideas - please post them here.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 pm

I just gave this update a spin.
1. I have 4p T11 and it was prompting me at the right times to keep the buff up. Switched to my PVP gear and it was only asking for 1 mangle a minute. Looks like it works perfect.
2. I didn't see the axe graphic for the trinket (it stays the eyeball pic), but what I did see was the box go into a "cool down" mode while the trinket was up. So this is working as discribed.

Edit: I misunderstood the discription of #2. Comment fixed

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 am

Tinderhoof wrote:2. I didn't see the axe graphic for the trinket (it stays the eyeball pic), but what I did see was the box go into a "cool down" mode while the trinket was up. So this is working as discribed.

Buried underneath that countdown is an Axe texture. It is just this side of impossible to tell though, but I think seeing a countdown on the proc buff is more useful than staring at an axe...

Thanks for testing the changes!

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 am

Some good news and bad news about the Unheeded Warning tracking code.

The good news - I have code working that shows the internal cooldown count down after the buff wears off. I believe the ICD is 50 seconds, so you see 10 seconds of proc counting down followed by 40 seconds of ICD counting down, and then I display the item. The icon under the cooldown is different - it is an axe for proc and the UW icon when tracking the icd - but the numbers obscure the icons for the most part.

The bad news - I am using a function in Ovale that has a bug in it - so I can't release this code yet. I reported the bug so hopefully it will be fixed in the next release of Ovale (it is a one word bug which I fixed on my machine).

Revered

Postby Sylvaneart » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:36 am

Is there a way to move the CD boxes? I can seem to move them from the right side of the suggetion boxes and would like to put them under the suggestion boxes
Be sure to subscribe to The Fluid Druid RSS feed and follow me on twitter! @Sylvaneart

Site Admin

Postby Alaron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Possible, but not easy, Sylvan. Ovale pretty much displays boxes in a row, from what I remember, and only stacks "small boxes." You could try adding size=small to the main box code (right after help=main) and just scaling the whole display up. You might have to rearrange the order as well.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 pm

If I'm understanding you correct you can turn on the 'Vertical' option under the 'Appearance' tab. If you want it beneath the main boxes in addition to having the other boxes to the side I can't help you.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:59 pm

Something else I noticed about the new trinket options. I used the updated script for our raid last night. During that time I picked up the 372 Cyclone trinket. I saw the Trinket 0 and Trinket 1 options added and tried testing them out. I had Cyclone in the top trinket slot so selected Trinket 0 for the bottom right box. No box showed up. I assumed it was a place holder for the time being and didn't think about it.

Later after the raid I did some PVP and sure enough my pvp trinket showed up in the bottom right box. The differnce between the two that I know of is the PVP trinket I had in that slot is an on use and Cyclone is a proc. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Still script worked great for me all night. Just a note, I hate Conclave of the Wind so much right now.

Postby syntax » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm

His "trinket 0" and "trinket 1" option are for on-use trinkets only. That's why your pvp trinket showed up. I believe he has only coded unheeded warning right now and that's why there is an option specifically for it.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 pm

What Syntax said is correct. For on-use trinkets there is generic code that works in Ovale. For proc trinkets I have to put code in for the buff that procs and also code in the cooldown because neither of those are things that you can get from querying the WoW apis for the trinkets (which does work for on-use trinkets).

Now that I havecode working for Unheeded Warning, adding in support for Cyclone and Prestor's will be easy. Now I am waiting to see what happens with the bug I reported to the Ovale devs.

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:28 pm

I just posted an updated version of my sim script in the second post of this thread. It includes the ability to test my script with interrupts and in-combat feral charges/ravages. I may end up making a change to the Berserk logic based on the new sim results (and the new default Ovale druid script) but that is the only thing I have seen so far that is impacted.

If anyone has Essence of Cyclone, can you post what the name of it's procced effect is? I will go ahead and add in support for tracking it. As I mentioned previously, I have code now that can track a proc trinket, but there is a one line bug in Ovale that prevents it from working. I have posted the bug on the Ovale forums but it has yet to be reviewed. When I post an updated script with the trinket code in it, I will include instructions on what to change in the Ovale code for anyone who wants to use it prior to a fix from the Ovale authors.

Honored

Postby Arctagon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Essence of the Cyclone's trinket effect is called Twisted.

Honored

Postby Mihir » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Any word yet on the ovale bug?

small typo btw: the 1.2.x versions list 2010 as their date, should be 2011.

Postby Bonedruid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:28 pm

I tried replacing the outdated script I had been using with Leafkiller's tonight, however after replacing my old script I get no boxes in or out of combat with or without target. I have reinstalled ovale and double checked to make sure it is set to display but still no boxes. Any suggestions on further settings to check or something I may be doing wrong?

Postby Snarley » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 am

Script is working fantastic (updated last night).

Quick question with regards to so many ferals wowquit'ing..

You're not going anywhere right leaf? <3 <3 <3 :mrgreen:

(sorry, "epicly" long time lurker of you guys Mihir/alaron/Leaf.. first time poster)

And very sad to see the two of you go =(

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Bonedruid wrote:I tried replacing the outdated script I had been using with Leafkiller's tonight, however after replacing my old script I get no boxes in or out of combat with or without target. I have reinstalled ovale and double checked to make sure it is set to display but still no boxes. Any suggestions on further settings to check or something I may be doing wrong?

How about listing the settings you are using for configuring Ovale? I have had no issues with display boxes (other than when I put in broken scripts - but I do test that before posting updates here).

Exalted

Postby Leafkiller » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 pm

I just posted version 1.2.4 of the script. I added in the suport for the heroic Essence of the Cyclone tracking (I cannot test this), support to show the cooldown of cyclone and UW (requires an Ovale fix to see), changed some of the textures, and put the demo roar checkbox back in (this is one I missed having while tanking heroics).

I cannot test (heroic) Essence of the Cyclone.

There has been no feedback from the Ovale people on fixing the bug. So here is what you need to do. Go to the Interface/addons/ovale directory on your machine. Edit the file "condition.lua" - it should be line 379. Where is says "if (spell) then" it shuld be "if (spellId) then".

Here is more of the code block:
Before:
Code: Select all
   BuffGain = function(condition)
      local spellId = condition[1]
      if (spell) then

After:
Code: Select all
   BuffGain = function(condition)
      local spellId = condition[1]
      if (spellId) then

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:48 pm

I have both trinkets so I will give this a shot in tonights raid (if I get to dps). We are working on H Conclave.

Exalted

Postby Tinderhoof » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:22 am

Verfied on a dummy that both trinket's on boxes go red with a different graphic, and the cooldowns are showing up properly. Awesome work here. Thanks Leaf.

PreviousNext

Return to Kitty DPS